I don't smoke. I don't vape. I don't even drink, but I mix and make e-juice

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by names, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. names

names Full Member

Like most everyone here, I'm here to give and get information. My friends vape, and being the techie , I help them re-build coils (with stainless mesh and silica) and make their own e-juice. I use MBV and Volcano for mixture bases, and they also like N-E-T products from goodejuice. I'm going to share most of my experience and recipes for mixing, and once I'm no longer a forum n00b, try to contribute to the DIY and natural extraction forums.

2. GingerZon

GingerZon New Member

Have you ever used essential oils for vaping?

3. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    WOW. Welcome to ecf. Lots of members DIY. I dabble here and there, but nothing too exciting.(not yet, at least).

Glad to have you aboard.

:)

4. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    GAWD, I hope not. Only food grade please.

5. DustyZ

DustyZ Suspended Verified Member

This has been brought up before and I will answer this as it's a question I see sometimes and I used to sell pure essential oils as well as make lotions, massage oils etc out of them, do NOT use essential oils for making e-juice under any circumstances! There are quite a few that can be very toxic and unless you know all about them it's not worth taking the risks! Again, do not use these to vape with!!!

6. names

names Full Member

e-liquid is basically metabolized. Therefore, if it isn't used in food, we won't use it to make juice. So, no. essential oils are great for incense, but should never be ingested or inhaled, I don't think.

Vegetable glycerin is a very good nicotine base, and there's enough ethanol and glycol in most flavorings to thin out the VG to a perfect level.

7. Recycled Roadkill

Recycled Roadkill Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Ethanol? The stuff they're putting in gasoline? Really?

8. gingersnaps

gingersnaps Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to ecf, I would suggest if you haven't yet try some flavorings from perfumers apprentice and maybe even flavor art. Most recipes in the diy forum seem to use those vendors and overall IMO they are the best quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

9. DustyZ

DustyZ Suspended Verified Member

Yes, it can be used in fuel, but it is also actually pure grain alcohol a.k.a. ethyl alcohol

10. Lombaowski

Lombaowski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Also the stuff they use in booze and wine: ethanol=pure grain alcohol.

11. names

names Full Member

Yes. The same exact stuff in your gas tank, vanilla extract, everclear, vodka, rum, and pretty much every alcoholic beverage you've consumed, including Shiner Bock. Ethanol is Ethyl alcohol, which is distilled grain alcohol.

12. twgbonehead

twgbonehead Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Gasoline?? That stuff they're putting into perfectly good ethanol? Really?

edit: BTW, I'm pretty certain RR was being sarcastic.

13. names

names Full Member

:laugh: nice. I can't tell if he was sincere, but he's gotten plenty of response.

14. danca90

danca90 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I want to be your friend.

15. meanckz

meanckz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    welcome to ECF...I have a question for you....how do you test the juices you mix ? ...or are the friends you mix them for the lab rats :D

16. twgbonehead

I've read enough of ECF, and the news that It totally made me laugh. I guess sometimes I forget that many of the people on the forum are in the throes of switching from smoking to vaping. While vaping makes it much easier, there's still an edge, and almost every recent bit of news makes it seem worse!

No worries, folks! (But DON'T use anything that isn't food-grade in your liquids, please! Can we bring the thread back to that very important topic?)

17. meanckz

Supporting member
    I tried .... I think

18. names

names Full Member

yes. So far no vomiting, but we're getting more adventurous! Extracting from pipe and rolling tobacco now... As awesome as organic tobacco sounds, the purest leaf tobacco PG extract smells exactly like you'd expect. like cured leaves.

19. meanckz

Supporting member
    very interesting....just be careful... you have anyway to measure nic-content?

20. twgbonehead

meanckz,

Tobacco extractions (at home anyway) don't get much nicotine from the leaves, they're primarily for taste. You still add concentrated nic juice (or add the flavoring to your regular-strength juice).

From what I've read, you need particular solvents (and equipment) to effectively extract large amounts of nicotine. But it never hurts to start slowly with a new DIY juice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.