I don't understand ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Vanderpool

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 18, 2016
Ithaca, NY
why are my posts always either taken down or edited? I don't find this very fair, it seems like no matter what I post it is messed with. :-( its sad I feel like I'm doing something wrong?? Because my views aren't agreed with by someone with an admin status, they just take it down like a dictatorship? Idk maybe it's just me. My topics are ALL vape related as well, and positive at that!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
why are my posts always either taken down or edited? I don't find this very fair, it seems like no matter what I post it is messed with. :-( its sad I feel like I'm doing something wrong?? Because my views aren't agreed with by someone with an admin status, they just take it down like a dictatorship? Idk maybe it's just me. My topics are ALL vape related as well, and positive at that!
Are you sure they are taken down or is it you just can't find them when you return after being gone for a few hours?

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Well I haven't see any of your posts but calling it a "dictatorship" is not a good start on this thread.
As a moderator of gaming streams, that's a good way to be on our bad side.

However, posts/threads I see deleted here all have reasons and says who deleted them or a reason and location to where a post/thread was moved such as an appropriate sub forum.

Last edited:

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Don't take it personally. I get posts deleted occasionally and I don't take it personally. Most people enjoy my vast wisdom but a few don't. There isn't anything wrong with that. You have to remember the admins are people donating their time. They're just people in all shapes, sizes, IQ's, temperaments and ages. Some posts will be taken the wrong way but then you have to remember, you are a visitor here.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
@Josh Vanderpool, this is the reason your latest thread was deleted as stated on the explanation that I see:

Reason: Video isn't about vaping and is more of a political ad for Hunter..

I moved this thread to 'Site Feedback and Help' as this is more of a site question.

Hope this helps! :)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The video in the deleted thread had nothing to do with vaping. In fact, the only "vape related" scene was a 2 second blip half way through the video.

We have a forum called Outside if you wish to get totally political. Otherwise, it must be vape related if posted elsewhere on ECF. A 2 second mention of vaping doesn't cut it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I Completely Understand the Need for Moderation here on the ECF. If there wasn't any, the ECF would Quickly degrade into a Rat Hole.

But I also think that some Fun should be Allowed. And Threads can go Off Topic and Still be Informative.

I think for the Most Part, the Mods do a good job of things. But there are times that I kinda Scratch my head?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Moderating speech is difficult and best kept to a minimum. But I get why there is low tolerance for drug related talk. Getting off tobacco is the topic, not getting high. Otherwise the drug talk would take over and a lot of vapers, including me, would find another forum. I do think there could be more leniency about multiple threads on the same topic and not moving topics to other subforums so quickly. And may be there are a few too many subforums. A little chaos can be a good thing.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Oh. And out of all your posts, only 2 have been removed. One today, and one in January. That's it.

Hahaha... that's just outrageous and horrible! No wonder he's calling it a dictatorship! haha haha..

Oh wow I can't stop laughing now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread