I don't want to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenMulkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Metairie, Louisiana, United States
I spent $100s on vapes. I had nothing but problems device after device failing on me constant leaks, devices would quit firing after a few months. I struggled to even find an ejuice I could tolerate. They all taste fake to me. I tried to make my own had failure after failure. I got so frustrated I gave up and went back to smoking cigarettes. I want to try again, but It's been a while now, and I don't know what's out there anymore. I preferred a DL hit, one of the few juices I remember actually enjoying was lazarus vintage trinity reserve. When it first came out, but I got inconsistent batches sometimes it didn't taste right, and it gunked up coils horribly. I've also enjoyed some vanilla custard flavors. Hope that gives an idea of the flavor profile I like. If there are good tanks out there with a RBA section that can take high VG juice that would be great as well any tips appreciated. I don't want to die. I really need to quit smoking. I feel it hurting my body.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I am using an Innokin Endura T18 for easy grab and go and I really like it. No leaks, easy to fill and the coils I am using going on 8 weeks. No complaints. Plus you can use the tank on other mods that take replaceable batteries. I recommend it. I liked it so much I bought 3. You must wait about 10-15 min when you first fill the tank so you don't get a dry hit. The cotton wick needs to absorb the liquid. As for juice it is so subjective. Do you have a vape shop you can visit to try juices?
Oh and this tank works best with higher PG like 60-70 PG and 30-40 VG. Wicks better. Good luck!

Reactions: StephenMulkey

StephenMulkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
I am using an Innokin Endura T18 for easy grab and go and I really like it. No leaks, easy to fill and the coils I am using going on 8 weeks. No complaints. Plus you can use the tank on other mods that take replaceable batteries. I recommend it. I liked it so much I bought 3. You must wait about 10-15 min when you first fill the tank so you don't get a dry hit. The cotton wick needs to absorb the liquid. As for juice it is so subjective. Do you have a vape shop you can visit to try juices?
Oh and this tank works best with higher PG like 60-70 PG and 30-40 VG. Wicks better. Good luck!
I do have B&Ms around here only one of which is decent, but the juice is pretty expensive $20 for a 30ml bottle, and pretty much the only flavor I like is Vanilla custard which I get tired of after a while. I've never found a ADV i can stick with for more than a week or 2. I've tried roughly 100 flavors at local shops. Some of them have pre mixed juices at a set vg/pg ratio, and they have that cheap chemical taste you get from poor quality flavorings. Honestly a reliable device is more important though it wasn't the taste of the juice that made me quit it was not being able to vape at all, and constantly shelling out money.

StephenMulkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Also I have a intolerance to PG so i pretty much have to vape high or pure VG. PG makes my throat very sore, and causes me to cough a lot. Just can't use it.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
Perhaps you would benefit from making your own juice. Check the General E-Liquid forum for DIY guides and recipes. You can control your nic level, PG/VG ratio, and flavoring, and save a lot of money to boot. Myself, I vape basically unflavored, which some people enjoy. You could try unflavored until you get a mix you like. At least it won't taste bad. I mix my own from nic base and VG, but I bet there's pre-mixed out there somewhere. I'll check around.

The Endura T18 and T22 are great for their simplicity and draw similar to a cigarette. Not sure about them as DL devices though, as I don't DL.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
It can get frustrating, I started in 2009 with really crapy equipment at that stage of vaping and the juice was chemically Chinese stuff, yuck! I found Halo juices and they were what helped me quit. You could try vaping zero flavor just PG/VG and your Nic level. Many people vape without flavors. Might be worth a try?

StephenMulkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Perhaps you would benefit from making your own juice. Check the General E-Liquid forum for DIY guides and recipes. You can control your nic level, PG/VG ratio, and flavoring, and save a lot of money to boot. Myself, I vape basically unflavored, which some people enjoy. You could try unflavored until you get a mix you like. At least it won't taste bad. I mix my own from nic base and VG, but I bet there's pre-mixed out there somewhere. I'll check around.

The Endura T18 and T22 are great for their simplicity and draw similar to a cigarette. Not sure about is as a DL device though, as I don't DL.
The closest I came to success with making my own juice was plain with a very tiny amount of Capellas Vanilla Custard, but they changed the recipe because there was a chemical in it that was dangerous, and it just wasn't the same after that. Once I find a reliable device that can vape high VG I will probably give it another shot. See what I can do.

Reactions: bnrkwest

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
Also I have a intolerance to PG so i pretty much have to vape high or pure VG. PG makes my throat very sore, and causes me to cough a lot. Just can't use it.
Yeah, I buy nic base from My Freedom Smokes and Essential Depot VG from Amazon and make my own. 100% VG with a smidge of distilled water to thin it a bit. You can add a little distilled water for thinning.

StephenMulkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
It can get frustrating, I started in 2009 with really crappy* equipment at that stage of vaping and the juice was chemically Chinese stuff, yuck! I found Halo juices and they were what helped me quit. You could try vaping zero flavor just PG/VG and your Nic level. Many people vape without flavors. Might be worth a try?
Yeah I might have to because so many of the flavorings bother me even in tiny amounts.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
The closest I came to success with making my own juice was plain with a very tiny amount of Capellas Vanilla Custard, but they changed the recipe because there was a chemical in it that was dangerous, and it just wasn't the same after that. Once I find a reliable device that can vape high VG I will probably give it another shot. See what I can do.
You might like vanilla ice cream flavor it is custard with the diacytle. SP?

StephenMulkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Yeah, I buy nic base from My Freedom Smokes and Essential Depot VG from Amazon and make my own. 100% VG with a smidge of distilled water to thin it a bit. You can add a little distilled water for thinning.
Yeah I was doing that when I was mixing. I still really need a reliable device though that is leak free, and can wick somewhat viscous liquid. Something that won't break in 2 months. There is so much out there now though I don't know how to weed through the crap, and find something that really works well.

StephenMulkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
One flavor maker I cannot tolerate is Capella's it closes off my throat, I must have an allergy to it. TFA and Flavor West and Nature's flavors I am fine.
Had horrible experiences with flavors west everything tasted like perfume. Steeping didn't help. Airing it out didn't help. Tried messing with percentages. Really I couldn't handle anything over 1% in any line. I don't know what it is, but it all tasted so strong to me.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I vape with an old tech set-up that would be of no interest to you and I don't know enough about the new stuff that's out to make any recommendations as far as gear, so I'm of no help there. I know you will get lots of helpful suggestions. It's late in the US so the board's a bit slow now. Seems to me that high VG juices are in vogue now, so there should be gear that can deal with it.

Googled unflavored e-liquid and first result was: Unflavored E Juice

(And they have 100% VG) So it's out there if you don't feel like dealing with mixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread