I don't want to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I spent $100s on vapes. I had nothing but problems device after device failing on me constant leaks, devices would quit firing after a few months. I struggled to even find an ejuice I could tolerate. They all taste fake to me. I tried to make my own had failure after failure. I got so frustrated I gave up and went back to smoking cigarettes. I want to try again, but It's been a while now, and I don't know what's out there anymore. I preferred a DL hit, one of the few juices I remember actually enjoying was lazarus vintage trinity reserve. When it first came out, but I got inconsistent batches sometimes it didn't taste right, and it gunked up coils horribly. I've also enjoyed some vanilla custard flavors. Hope that gives an idea of the flavor profile I like. If there are good tanks out there with a RBA section that can take high VG juice that would be great as well any tips appreciated. I don't want to die. I really need to quit smoking. I feel it hurting my body.

For my own part I knew I had to quit smoking, the health damage had become obvious and painful on a daily basis. My first vape was a horrible device with I don't even know what for juice, but while it lasted I didn't need to smoke, It lasted two hours, then I had to charge it for 3 hours, while I smoked. I needed a longer lasting vape, and set about finding it. Details of the hunt aside, I ended up with mechs and gennies and was finally done with the cigarettes. I've not smoked in over 3 years.

Still using mechs and gennies.

I have to say here that it's all about the way you go about it, and your motivation. If you are on a mission to get cigarettes out of your life and committed to that you cannot fail. You WILL find a solution. I ended up making my own juice because I was not going to keep paying the B&M's $80 a week for juice that I was mistreated for at their counters as I paid them too much for it by a nasty man who for reasons of his own hated me.

I came up with a juice that's been my every day ADV for over 3 years now and I will never pay anyone else for juice again. I wind my own coils, roll my own mesh wicks, do my own builds, and pay no one for anything but the materials. It's dirt cheap.

Engineer your own vaping yourself. Do NOT depend on anyone else for it, because if you do you will be exploited for it and experience no end of frustration and betrayal for the agendas of others. Take personal responsibility for your vaping and be free of the schemers and rent-seekers. Keep it simple and do it yourself if you want it done right.

I make my morning coffee with a method I arrived at gives me a wonderful morning cup, strong, rich, and flavorful and the same goes for my vape I enjoy with that coffee. Most would not bother with this. Most want convenience fast. They throw money away on that, and on their vaping as well. Just go buy a 5 pack of pre-wicked coils, buy someone else's overpriced juice, just be done with it quick whatever it costs. This at the expense of the little pleasures that make life enjoyable for a little personal time, instead of a full-time rat race, and at the expense of enjoying what you did for yourself with your own ingenuity and talent, which is far more rewarding.

StephenMulkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Metairie, Louisiana, United States
Hey Stephen... BK here ( Kenner)

have you considered something like an RSST atty? I have 2 of them and had it leak only once ( forgot to put fill plug back in)..
Heathers has some pretty good juices, been using them for over 3 yrs now.
Ive been having some really great usage out of my IPV4 too... no issues ...

PM me, maybe we can get together and solve the issues..
I've used a Smok RSST. Even drilled out it just doesn't produce the level of Vapor or open draw I prefer. The best vapes I have experienced were on RDAs with a lot of air flow. I really like a strong open lung hit. Dripping is a pain though, and I am sometimes absent minded, and have a few times done dumb things like trying to hit my vape with the top cap off. Also TC devices were very new when I quit, and got a lot of dry hits from not dripping enough. Which was unpleasant. My biggest issue has been with Devices. Mech mods haven't worked well for me problems with spring switches, and magnetic. Also the battery dies a little ,and suddenly my vape isn't as good. So I tried regulated devices, and had 3 in a row die on me. Not immediately, but nevertheless it added to the frustration. I think what I'm going to end up doing is building my own box. With a DNA 40 or equivalent chip. More research needed. I feel like if I build it I can fix anything that goes wrong with it. Might even make my own squonk style box. I really like that idea more than a tank. As far as a meet up goes... I don't do well with people in the real world. I have anxiety, and I just can't. I'm really grateful for the offer. Thanks so much for your input.

StephenMulkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Metairie, Louisiana, United States
For my own part I knew I had to quit smoking, the health damage had become obvious and painful on a daily basis. My first vape was a horrible device with I don't even know what for juice, but while it lasted I didn't need to smoke, It lasted two hours, then I had to charge it for 3 hours, while I smoked. I needed a longer lasting vape, and set about finding it. Details of the hunt aside, I ended up with mechs and gennies and was finally done with the cigarettes. I've not smoked in over 3 years.

Still using mechs and gennies.

I have to say here that it's all about the way you go about it, and your motivation. If you are on a mission to get cigarettes out of your life and committed to that you cannot fail. You WILL find a solution. I ended up making my own juice because I was not going to keep paying the B&M's $80 a week for juice that I was mistreated for at their counters as I paid them too much for it by a nasty man who for reasons of his own hated me.

I came up with a juice that's been my every day ADV for over 3 years now and I will never pay anyone else for juice again. I wind my own coils, roll my own mesh wicks, do my own builds, and pay no one for anything but the materials. It's dirt cheap.

Engineer your own vaping yourself. Do NOT depend on anyone else for it, because if you do you will be exploited for it and experience no end of frustration and betrayal for the agendas of others. Take personal responsibility for your vaping and be free of the schemers and rent-seekers. Keep it simple and do it yourself if you want it done right.

I make my morning coffee with a method I arrived at gives me a wonderful morning cup, strong, rich, and flavorful and the same goes for my vape I enjoy with that coffee. Most would not bother with this. Most want convenience fast. They throw money away on that, and on their vaping as well. Just go buy a 5 pack of pre-wicked coils, buy someone else's overpriced juice, just be done with it quick whatever it costs. This at the expense of the little pleasures that make life enjoyable for a little personal time, instead of a full-time rat race, and at the expense of enjoying what you did for yourself with your own ingenuity and talent, which is far more rewarding.

I'm actually quite proficient at building coils, and really enjoy that part. I spent another couple hundred trying to make juice, but it was frustrating. It wasn't all failures, but I had a lot more failures than success. I have a couple friends who also vape, and they would try something I made, and like it, but to me it tastes like perfume, .... and chalk. Or some unnatural chemical taste. It just got really frustrating. I'm going to try again. Starting with plain , and adding very small increments of single flavors. I'm also probably going to build a TC box mod.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I've used a Smok RSST. Even drilled out it just doesn't produce the level of Vapor or open draw I prefer. The best vapes I have experienced were on RDAs with a lot of air flow. I really like a strong open lung hit. Dripping is a pain though, and I am sometimes absent minded, and have a few times done dumb things like trying to hit my vape with the top cap off. Also TC devices were very new when I quit, and got a lot of dry hits from not dripping enough. Which was unpleasant. My biggest issue has been with Devices. Mech mods haven't worked well for me problems with spring switches, and magnetic. Also the battery dies a little ,and suddenly my vape isn't as good. So I tried regulated devices, and had 3 in a row die on me. Not immediately, but nevertheless it added to the frustration. I think what I'm going to end up doing is building my own box. With a DNA 40 or equivalent chip. More research needed. I feel like if I build it I can fix anything that goes wrong with it. Might even make my own squonk style box. I really like that idea more than a tank. As far as a meet up goes... I don't do well with people in the real world. I have anxiety, and I just can't. I'm really grateful for the offer. Thanks so much for your input.

Sounds like you want one of the following

Monster V3
SXK Nebula Wine
Amigo RTA
Goblin Mini
Silverplay Nano
subtank Mini with RBA

Speaking of direct lung. I am playing with the deadmodz RDA. It has plenty airflow. I like the glass cover.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
As long as you dilute the VG I still recommend the T18, it has a 1.5 coil and runs at 18 watts. Good warm hits. I had to use a longer drip tip on it to cool it down a bit LOL

I think the battery (non VV) runs at 14 watts.

The prism tank actually works better at about 10 watts from what I hear if you don't like a really hot/warm vape. That is why I ordered the tank w/out the endura battery, as I don't really need a battery and can run it on my other gear.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
A few posts here reminds me of one of my favorite movie lines of all time. Jack Nicholson in Bucket List after finding out he has terminal cancer: "Right now, there is some lucky bas:censored: out there having a heart attack!"

But to the point for @StephenMulkey , you might take a look at the TFV8 if you have a mod to run it. I've only had mine a couple days and just wicked up the pre-installed coils already in the deck, but I am having a hard time putting it down. I haven't tried the factory coils yet, keeping them for emergencies I guess. It has great airflow, easy to build/wick, and easy top fill. Drinks the juice, but an amazing vape.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I spent $100s on vapes. I had nothing but problems device after device failing on me constant leaks, devices would quit firing after a few months. I struggled to even find an ejuice I could tolerate. They all taste fake to me. I tried to make my own had failure after failure. I got so frustrated I gave up and went back to smoking cigarettes. I want to try again, but It's been a while now, and I don't know what's out there anymore. I preferred a DL hit, one of the few juices I remember actually enjoying was lazarus vintage trinity reserve. When it first came out, but I got inconsistent batches sometimes it didn't taste right, and it gunked up coils horribly. I've also enjoyed some vanilla custard flavors. Hope that gives an idea of the flavor profile I like. If there are good tanks out there with a RBA section that can take high VG juice that would be great as well any tips appreciated. I don't want to die. I really need to quit smoking. I feel it hurting my body.
get:
sx mini ml or q class $150-180
steamcrave supreme rdta or steamcrave supreme lite $30-35
coil master diy kit $40-50
organic cotton from amazon or vapers choice cotton $10-20
get a roll of 26/38g claptons from lightning vapes, like $15
get some vg/pg from essential depot 4 for $40
get some good nic from vaporstek, if you like throat hit get the cheap ones, i personally prefer the smooth one $45
get some flavors from flavorwest, tfa, etc.. i personally vape only clear & fruit flavors, not a fan of the brownish,yellowish juices $40-100

and then its a matter of finding 2-5 flavors you really like and just keep diying those

if you cant find yourself to like vaping and care about your overall health, maybe u need to willpower yourself into quitting altogether

Last edited:
Reactions: Hulamoon

vapeonworld

Jul 29, 2016
i've had similar experiences as the OP with regards to trying countless number of flavors and various RTAs to find the one that's easiest to maintain, but still performed well.

After going through various kayfuns and popular RTAs over the years, I've finally settled down with the TopTank from Kanger. This has been the least problematic with VERY simple microcoil build (require only weekly or biweekly cotton changes on same coil for months) and 0 leaks over the last 6+ months. I used the subtank before the toptank, and it was just as good with no problems. I just like the top-fill feature better.

As for the juice, I'd highly recommend White Label Juice Company juices. Their juices are max VG (between 80-90% per their website) and they have some really delicious flavors. From the ones I've tried, the Strawberry Custard, Vanilla Custard, and Strawberry Cheesecake have been good. The flavors do not taste "chemically" and their juices are reasonably priced (100ml for $20). I used to vape on MBV juices, but i ran out of flavors to try and ended up not liking most of their juices.

I'd say definitely give WLJC a try.

vapeonworld

Jul 29, 2016
Oh and for the mod.. i'm currently using EVIC vtc mini. Simple box mod. and hasn't failed in over a year i've been using it daily (even with few drops on cement). I'd say this is a pretty simple but definitely bang for the buck setup. The toptank works very well with subtank RBA deck (bigger juice holes than the RBA deck that comes with the toptank). I'll probably use this until something truly revolutionary comes out...

Attachments

• 20160729_134631.jpg
    20160729_134631.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 12

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Yeah like good old fashioned aneurism or stroke nows thats the ticket for me.

A better way to go, when you know the end is near, is to swan dive off a tall building like the Sears Tower and straight into a wood chipper. You get to enjoy a beautiful fall and if you fill your clothes with water balloons filled with yellow paint, when you splat all your blood will look orange and people will be like "What the @#%@ was that guy? An alien?"

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
A better way to go, when you know the end is near, is to swan dive off a tall building like the Sears Tower and straight into a wood chipper. You get to enjoy a beautiful fall and if you fill your clothes with water balloons filled with yellow paint, when you splat all your blood will look orange and people will be like "What the @#%@ was that guy? An alien?"
Too funny for words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread