I Dropped My Mod! Battery Contact is Depressed, I'm so bummed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
So I dropped my Cloupor Mini Yesterday and it just flew apart when it hit the ground.
The top of the battery compartment dented in so the battery won't make contact with the metal.
I am so bummed , no mod.
The tank stayed together fine, but the battery is loose now and just won't fire.
Can the insides be taken out of the mod and that little tab with the bubble on it be replaced? or is there another way...

Besides tossing it and buying a new one... otherwise if that the only option then so be it.

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
Owned three cloppers. Dropped three cloppers. One time just on its side on a granite counter. All three cloppers in the garbage. You can pull it apart for spare parts if you need wires, clicky buttons n such.

guess it's pretty common huh... so sorry... guess it's time for something else...

Reactions: jrenae4

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
if you press a button to make it work, what do you do to make it not work? do you unpress the button, depress the button or repress the button? I figure if you unpress the button it will get wrinkley, if you depress the button it will get sad, if you repress the button it will get mad and revolt and quit working?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Own 2 and never an issue. Dropped plenty of times. Guess it depends on the landing...... with ANY Mod.

The Battery is in a Skid. Yes, it can be disassembled and repaired.
Can you do it? No clue.
Could I do it. Yes
Ground Tab must be de-soldered from the outer chassis.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
So I dropped my Cloupor Mini Yesterday and it just flew apart when it hit the ground.
The top of the battery compartment dented in so the battery won't make contact with the metal.
I am so bummed , no mod.
The tank stayed together fine, but the battery is loose now and just won't fire.
Can the insides be taken out of the mod and that little tab with the bubble on it be replaced? or is there another way...

Besides tossing it and buying a new one... otherwise if that the only option then so be it.

I guess I'm a tinkerer. I have dozens and dozens of mods... so I would have just found the piece that's compressed on another mod and repaired my Clouper with it. Or I would have taken the Clouper apart and taken something and undented it. Trust me, it can be knocked back out! :D Or flip it around. Just make sure there's no sharp points against the battery. Safety ya know?

If you do decide to work on it. Be sure to use safety first. Check with a meter to ensure you don't have any shorts or anything when you are done!

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Nothing quite as sad as depressed bubbles...

p4OJMdG.jpg

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sadly we live in a disposable world now :( Things used to be made to last. The world we live in now is make it as cheap as possible so it had to be tossed and replaced. As heavy as these Cloupers are you would think it could handle a drop but apparently it can't :facepalm:

The only regulated device I have dropped is my pretty purple MVP. I had it sitting on the hood of our pick-up. Went to pick it up and missed. It slid down to hood and hit the ground. It didn't even get a nick in it. I just picked it up, dusted it off and vaped. Seems that wouldn't be the case if the same thing happened to my Clouper mini. :( GV has the 20watt MVP's listed in their black friday sale for just under $20.00. I think I will pick up a couple more :) Innokin knows how to build a solid device and I don't need more than 20 watts. :thumbs:

Reactions: diabolique
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread