I finally found the nads to do the "bottle mod".

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Took about all of a minute apiece to do each of my Grands and it works perfectly. No more o-rings to fart around with. I'm still a little concerned about having the dexterity to pop the bottle loose every time but I guess I'll pick up on it just like wicking and coil-building and all the other vaping tasks that I didn't know how to do until I tried.:)

coaldriller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
West Virginia
2030985991d4678929c3499307c17e14.jpg

Sent from Reoville [emoji631]

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
As it happens I was going to take the Vapeage bottle plunge too a couple of days ago... pick up a dozen or so to try in my army of Grands. I couldn't log in to my Vapeage account though, it won't accept my password (yes, the right one). So maybe I'll call them Tuesday.

So maybe this even after finally trying the 6ml square bottle mod in some of my Mini 2.1's not long ago from the 2 dozen I've had laying around here for about 8 months. That effort failed miserably IMO. The soy bottles I have are too tight a fit for my liking when you have to lightly force them in between the batt and Reo then do a light "squonk" to slide the door back on. One failed the first day of use, started leaking bad. Might have been a defective bottle, the rest held up, but I went back the the stock bottles anyway that I have to refill 3-4 times a day. Just for S&G I also ought to try at least one 10A fuse mod since I bought 50 and half as many spade connectors to mod for it around 9 months ago. Maybe finally patina a door or three bought for that as well back then. Was new to Reos then, all of these were hyped paths at the time I never took to the end.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
As it happens I was going to take the Vapeage bottle plunge too a couple of days ago... pick up a dozen or so to try in my army of Grands. I couldn't log in to my Vapeage account though, it won't accept my password (yes, the right one). So maybe I'll call them Tuesday.

So maybe this even after finally trying the 6ml square bottle mod in some of my Mini 2.1's not long ago from the 2 dozen I've had laying around here for about 8 months. That effort failed miserably IMO. The soy bottles I have are too tight a fit for my liking when you have to lightly force them in between the batt and Reo then do a light "squonk" to slide the door back on. One failed the first day of use, started leaking bad. Might have been a defective bottle, the rest held up, but I went back the the stock bottles anyway that I have to refill 3-4 times a day. Just for S&G I also ought to try at least one 10A fuse mod since I bought 50 and half as many spade connectors to mod for it around 9 months ago. Maybe finally patina a door or three bought for that as well back then. Was new to Reos then, all of these were hyped paths at the time I never took to the end.

The older I get, Spydro, the less inclined I am to "finish" projects I never got around to, especially if there isn't a pressing need for them. REO technology marches on, and it seems a lot of "hot" REO mods from a few years back, are unnecessary these days. TBH, I bought the woodvil's this time partly because they have the upgraded contacts, the new and improved 510, and they're low profile. My advice is to ponder all those things for a bit more, have a few sips/hits of whatever is your poison, and maybe sleep on them for a few nights. :)

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Ok, today was my first re-fill after the bottle mod thingy. I struggled a bit. Had a hard time grasping the nipple part to "snap" the bottle free.:) Truth is I think I cut off a bit too much of the nipple--not much there to grasp. Anyway I ended up sliding the nipple quite a ways down the hose before I could get my klutzy fingers in to detach the bottle. I suspect it'll get easier after a few repetitions. I certainly like having a consistent squonk not dependent upon how well I equated my cap tightness vs. my ever swelling o-ring.:)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Maybe this tip will help (maybe not).

I push the (empty) bottle to the back of the reo, put my thumb on the top curve of it, and use my index finger to pull the bottom of the bottle toward me.

Sooo... I'm pushing in at the top and prying out at the bottom. This snaps the bottle off without pulling on the nipple.

This works great with an empty bottle. It runs a slight risk of spilling if you're topping off a more-than-half filled bottle.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
My solution to same concerns as Roger was to get a slightly different screw cap which holds the oring way better even when swollen.

reocapcomp.JPG

The one on the left came with a REO and the one on the right has a bigger ledge to hold in place a oring and even a thicker one if you want.

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
C'mon Gil, you're the guy that convinced me to face my fears and take on the challenge of rebuilding an atomizer. How different can this be?

Since when do I take my own advice :rolleyes: I find just breathing difficult these days. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread