Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Not much going on in this sub forum so I figure I'll add my 2c. I was out and about with my wife and I usually bring along the eroll because I'm still a little self-conscious of using a big APV and tank in public. Decided I felt like trying something I haven't tried before so when we stopped for gas at a convenience store, I bought a Vuse just as an impulse purchase (still a kid at heart I guess; I felt like treating myself to a new toy for the afternoon). To rationalize, I've been out and about before after forgetting to charge batteries or whatnot and end up needing to buy some alternative to a pack of smokes that is universally available at every gas station and convenience store. I've tried the Njoy in the past and was OK with its performance just to tide me over. So time to give the Vuse a go.

The most notable characteristic of the Vuse is its weak, really anemic vapor production and lack of throat hit, despite its purported 48mg/ml juice. I usually use 6mg nic so I expected a real thump from Vuse at 48. Nope. The vapor production was very unsatisfying and nicotine delivery insufficient even when exhaling through my nose for a little more nic uptake. If I had to use this thing as a backup for more than a couple of hours, I'd be screwed.

The flavor is ok, even pretty good in my opinion. It has a strong pine note and more stuble earthy and ashy notes, along with a hint of sweet and vanilla. I'd vape it if such a flavor was available elsewhere. If anyone knows how to duplicate its recipe or if it's available elsewhere, please let me know. I know most people who have tried it did not like it, but I do.

The cartridges are easily hacked for refilling and I'm hoping vapor improves with a higher VG liquid inside. Will soon see.

In sum, this thing is off my "emergency backup" list. Vapor production really is that bad such that it's not much better than going without.

Reactions: Puff2K

Nibs91

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Ohio
Hmmm...I get great throat hit from the Vuse. Did you get the regular or menthol? I use the menthol, maybe that has something to do with it. I really wish I could find an ejuice that has the same flavor. Many people that have tried it hated its flavor, but I can't get enough. Also, have you not received those free coupons for a Vuse system? I've received several and thus have about 5 batteries. Once a month they send out "$2 off" coupons for the cartridges.

I use it for the exact same reasons you do. Sometimes it's just not convenient to be puffing big clouds. As for rebuild-ability, I'm not sure if that's actually possible. Towards the end of the cartridge you'll get a distinct "burned" taste. I'm not sure if that would be the juice running out or the EOL of the coil, or both.

Reactions: Mad Scientist

Nibs91

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Ohio
I would suggest your next emergency backup be the Blu Plus. I've heard good things, I mean as far as gas station brands go.

But I also agree, I really enjoyed the flavor of Vuse regular. It was the closest thing I found to a cigarette

I've actually tried the blu menthol disposable....the flavor was VERY chemically tasting. I have a whole box of them I got for free :nah:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I've actually tried the blu menthol disposable....the flavor was VERY chemically tasting. I have a whole box of them I got for free :nah:

lol yeah not the original Blu systems, but the Blu plus is a refillable system as I understand it and I've seen a few reviews from vapers like us who enjoyed it.

Nibs91

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Ohio
Wow, how did you get a box for free? My favorite price is free.99 lol.

Blu has a reward point thing on their website. Basically you read articles, watch videos, view photos, tweet them, etc. and you get points for doing that. I collected 1200 points in about 2 weeks and that was enough for the free box of blu's. Looks like that promo is gone; now they just have regular blu promotional gear (no ecigs though :( ).

blu Nation Rewards

Reactions: Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
The thing I would worry about is, what are they going to put in them to make them extra addictive. Like they did with cigs, just saying.

Ha ha, no problem there schatz. The price/performance ratio isn't good enough for any of them to become addictive lol.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
What? People still use cigalikes as a backup , amazing. Most vapors won't touch any cigalike under any circumstances , there is just way too many other options that satisfy far more that can be used as a backup.

The only reason i even tried cigalikes is because i didn't know anything else was even available, never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread