I got a bad batch of Patriot and I don't know what to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcarruth

May 3, 2015
Based on the rave reviews of Goodejuice's Patriot e-liquid, I ordered a bottle. It tasted like pure propylene glycol. Nick at Goodejuice told me to steep it for a while and try it again, which I did. Same effect - a harsh vapor assaulted my nose and throat, and I got NO tobacco flavor whatsoever. Nick won't give me a refund because that is their policy - no returns. So now I have a 30 ml bottle of propylene glycol, which came to $17.56 with shipping. I don't want to throw it out, and I can't get my money back, and I can't vape with it, so I am wondering what my options are. I am using a Vapor 123 pen, which is just average, but I cannot afford a better one at this time. Still, it works, gives me clouds of vapor, but no flavor with the Patriot other than the propylene glycol flavor.

I steeped it in a dark closet with the cap open for two days, and then put the cap back on for another two days.

It is most disappointing, and I'd like to try to do something to get it to work properly.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,

Jim Carruth

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I've never tried those juices, but the more complex the juice, and many of the tobaccos
need to age longer than 4 days and sometimes several months before they taste decent.
You aren't going to be able to return it, and it's worth a shot instead of throwing it out
to just stick it somewhere and forget about it then trying it again in a few months.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Maybe you and Patriot dont go together. I used to order it and loved Patriot. All of the Good-e-juice Ive tired in the past are great straight out of the bottle. Good NET rarely need to "steep" they only get better.

It sounds odd that they would not at least exchange it for another one. It is a nice mild but not weak flavour, at least when I got it a while ago. Now I usually got heavy VG and like all of them real thick and dark. Can you post a photo of the bottle?

Things happen, even with the best of companies. It could be you got a mistake? Maybe the batch you got was made wrong? I dont like when companies act like there is NO WAY in the world anything can of gone wrong.

If there was a bad batch, they will and should be getting some feedback from others.

Now maybe your tastebuds are just very different than others and you just cant taste it. If you are a fairly new vaper you could be going thru a very common stage of vapers tongue. It happened to me every few months for over a year when I started. I wish there was some way to check your Patriot out. Is there someone you know that would "try it out" for you? Someone that likes NET tobacco would be best.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Patriot's my favorite juice but the most picky about atomizers. I also have suspected that the 6 mg strength has a lot less flavor than the 12 mg and the 30 mL size less than the 10 mL. However, I think this is probably because I tried the 6 mg first on different atomizers. Frankly, I've only had great results in a EVOD. Then I get a lot of flavor and it's amazingly delicious. Tried in a mini Protank 2 and it was the true unflavored, actual unflavored has a lot more flavor than that. In my Taifun it was just barely OK even going through juice like crazy and it's not even impressive in my dripper, which is the only thing I have that's good with regular strength N-E-T LLC juices. I did end up using the last of my 6 mg mixed with the 12 in my EVOD and that seemed just as good then. None of this makes much sense in terms of established wisdom but it's all of got so far. Maybe it's the temperature, the flavor needs more heat to vaporize. New 30 mL, 12 mg bottle on the way to my mailbox right now. Gotta have it.

jcarruth

May 3, 2015
    Johnson Creek offers a 60-day return policy on their larger bottles of smoke juice. On the Patriot info page on the Goodejuice website, no mention was made of a no-return policy. There was also no mention of having to steep it first (up to three months by some of the suggestions on this forum) before you can use it. And when I suggested to Nick that I might have gotten a bad batch, i.e. pure propylene glycol without any flavoring, there was no admission on his part that this was even possible, so no offer of sending it back for testing it was offered when I suggested it. He could have done a lot more for me as a customer, but he chose not to. I hope anyone else dealing with him has a much better experience than I did. I cannot, in all good conscience, recommend his products or services, and I wish I hadn't spent $18.00 for a product that I can't use, and can't get a refund on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread