Status
Not open for further replies.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
If we only vape in smoking areas
I didn't propose that we should. I've proposed vaping freely outdoors, asking permission indoors, and generally being respectful and polite. :)

Personally, I don't spend time in any place where "smoking areas" is a relevant category. Smoking is generally banned indoors and allowed outdoors. The only outdoor spaces I was ever forbidden to smoke were gas stations (obvious hazard) and a train platform (everything inside the gate was somehow interpreted as "indoors").

I'll continue to vape in public.
I smoked in public, so why wouldn't I vape in public? :|

I've vaped in stores and bars and restaurants
I think that's totally fine as long as you have prior permission from the establishment and aren't ruining someone else's dinner. :thumb:

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I smoked in public, so why wouldn't I vape in public? :|

You're only vaping in public outdoors where smoking would be allowed. It's hardly the same thing. There is nothing wrong with you doing it that way, up until the point where you start telling other people that they have to do it your way.

I think that's totally fine as long as you have prior permission from the establishment and aren't ruining someone else's dinner. :thumb:

I think you've been vaping for a couple of weeks and think you have a right to tell everyone else how they should act. You are a newbie and haven't done it long enough to have an informed opinion.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
You're only vaping in public outdoors where smoking would be allowed.
As well as indoors wherever vaping is allowed, as previously mentioned.

You are a newbie and haven't done it long enough to have an informed opinion.
Only newbies think vapers should bother to be respectful of other people's property and rights?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
They should ban coffee then too.

Okay. Your teenager comes home from school one day, with vape gear .
versus
Your teenager comes home from school one day with a cup of coffee.

If you didn't vape, and most people do not, which would generate a bigger discussion in MOST FAMILIES?

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Only newbies think vapers should bother to be respectful of other people's property and rights?

I'm respectful. That doesn't mean I have to run around thinking that any time I vape without asking permission that I'm a horrible person. At this point, I'm pretty convinced you are just trolling, so I won't be responding to your nonsense.

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I just don't vape inside of establishments. It's completely understandable, imo, why many places don't want their buildings filled with vapor. Whether it's harmful or not, it is disrespectful to a degree. My school has banned smoking on campus, except in designated smoking areas, but I will openly vape in the quads on my way to class. It's outdoors and it's not like I'm blowing it in peoples faces. I have not been approached yet, but I'm sure I will get the "you can't smoke here" at some point. In a way, I'm almost waiting for it to happen. Lol.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I find it to be a common courtesy and sign of respect to vape in the designated smoking area on campus and at other places in public. Breaking rules and arguing will only make us all look bad in the long run.

What's the point of quitting smoking if 1) I'm just going to be treated like a smoker and sent to a small area away from the rest of the world just like smokers, and 2) if I'm going to be forced to be with smokers where I can continue to be harmed by smoke?

Compliance with rules based on nothing but ignorance is why we have a society full of people who simply cannot mind their own business. People don't have a right to not be offended by something I'm doing if what I'm doing is of no harm to them.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Well I absolutely, 100% disagree.

(...)

They are not going to corral me into the "smoking areas" when I don't smoke. This point is non-negotiable.

So when they tell me I cannot vape outside on public property, I tell them, "come and take my PV if you are able."
(...)

It's not smoking, it's not hazardous to other people nearby. I don't care what laws they pass, I am gonna vape outside 98% of the time. They can arrest me if they like, I could not care less. Only if I am in a crowded and congested area would I not do so out of respect for the other folks around.

Hey, to each their own. Happy vaping!

THIS!!!! :thumbs:

I really have trouble understanding why some vapers feel OK about NOT being able to vape in a beach or park, OUT IN THE OPEN, just because some dumb, ideology-driven new law tells them people cannot smoke there.

Get this: that law is already INSANE - EVEN when applied to tobacco. Unless someone can provide us the proper, scientific study about the dangers of SHS - OUTDOORS!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I really have trouble understanding why some vapers feel OK about NOT being able to vape in a beach or park, OUT IN THE OPEN, just because some dumb, ideology-driven new law tells them people cannot smoke there.

Get this: that law is already INSANE - EVEN when applied to tobacco. Unless someone can provide us the proper, scientific study about the dangers of SHS - OUTDOORS!
And that's why I started these threads...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-should-not-vape-where-we-can-not-smoke.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-should-only-vape-where-smoking-allowed.html

We should adopt the attitude that we are NOT going to put up with this crap anymore.
Period.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
The state is been for lack of a better word, blowing money, for ever and they are taking advantage of the situation, as well as dumdfkn people, and using it as a way to generate additional income. They don't care, it's obvious, vaping doesn't hurt, bother, destroy anyone or anything, but now they can give you a ticket for it

THAT EQUALS MONEY in the pocket of the state, out of yours, with no risk and no added effort.
Follow...?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread