Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
vape-addict" data-source="post: 17857757" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape-addict said:
Every online retailer should but a box you can check and say would you like to donate a dollar for advoacty with every order much like tax returns then all money channeled into one fund by some of your big advoacty groups like the AVA, Safata or Cassa, or the VTA...bad idea it would be corrupt in no time.

I think online vendors and B+Ms should voluntarily donate a percentage of their sales to the big fight ... it is them who are making money from vaping, and if they want to continue to profit from vaping ... pool together.

for us vapers? ... it is sometimes hard to determine which companies are in this for a quick buck or which are ready for the long haul.

best for us to stock up to take care of our own use and give directly to the folks we know are fighting for vaping.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Every online retailer should but a box you can check and say would you like to donate a dollar for advoacty with every order much like tax returns then all money channeled into one fund by some of your big advoacty groups like the AVA, Safata or Cassa, or the VTA...bad idea it would be corrupt in no time.

Whereas I think the Idea is Great, as others have Mentioned, there could be Problems and Questions of "Creative Accounting".

What I would Like to see is EVERY Online Retailer having a Link on the Top of Every Page pointing people to Information
about Deeming, Cole-Bishop Amendment, HR2058, Senate Oversight Committee and how to Contact their Reps.

And then have Links to Advocacy Groups where people could Donate Directly.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
What about every vendor and B&M lawyering-up and forcing a class-action suit? If many banded together, it would decrease the legal costs per company (I assume).

Many Small Vendors are New or Newer start up companies only 1-2 years in business tops and strapped to the Gills with Borrowed Monies or invested Life savings.

My question is Are we Willing to Commit what we are asking to be Committed on our behalf? o_O

The cost of Participating with VTA next month will average individuals involved around $1,000.00 for 2 days and a Time investment of approximately 20:00 hours.;)

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
I shop quite a bit online, not just for vaping supplies. There is a free app called iGive that you can download, and a small percentage of your total sale will be donated to an organization that you specify. CASAA is one of the organizations that you can designate. Walmart, Payless, drugstore.com are some of the sites that support iGive. There are also higher-end stores like Macy's. I don't know the whole list. Percentage of sales that are donated vary from store to store. They send emails advising of how much your organization has been helped financially. They send you emails letting you know how much you have contributed. I have been using it for a year now to donate to a different organization, but, when I heard that they allow you to designate CASAA earlier this month, I switched to CASAA. Easy as pie to download and use, and a good way for those of us who are tight financially to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread