Status
Not open for further replies.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I am also curious about how the nic consumption is though vaping . Does anyone know a percentage ? Like how much you actually ingest when vaping

The simple answer is nobody really knows. Lots of conjecture and semi-scientific reasoning, but little real evidence that I know of - although I would be delighted to be educated with some studies if anyone has links to them.

As to your original point, 15ml a day is a lot. You might want to consider some of the suggestions above about your delivery device and your nicotine levels.
I just completed 2 years with no cigarettes and I have gone from 24mg to 12mg where I am at right now. 6mg would just not cut it for me no matter how often I vaped.

I think Lessifer hit the nail on the head - it's your journey, only you can decide what is right for you.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
I will finish this pack and see what will do then . I know its bad but f it , I paid for it . Maybe I should force myself to extend my vape free periods up to 2 hours . I usually take like 6-10 , big , long lung hits with 6mg and thats it but I do it every few minutes , maybe if I extend those 10 mins to two hours it should be fine

no one actually knows how much nicotine is absorbed because it all relies on your certain setup. It has been proven scientifically that nicotine does get absorbed by vaping, to what extent though is unknown.

From personal experience this MIGHT or might not put some perspective into your situation. When I was heavily smoking, it was so bad that I had to vape inside my house because I didnt want to be bother going outside every 5-10minutes. I think the main thing that got me into vaping was the fact that the vaping didnt leave the horrid smell indoors. Mind you I started vaping years back when all we had were horrible cigalikes and the new ego style batteries were just coming out, It was not satisfying at all. The persistant act of 'vaping' indoors in my house constantly was enough to keep me from going out and smoking though.

Maybe it will help you this way, if you can, just vape constantly wherever you can. In your home, while your on the ....ter, in your car, etc. If that doesn't help I would suggest getting a better setup. There are much more satisfying ways to vape nowadays, you can really come close to the experience of smoking a cigarette when you delve into RDA's vv/vw subohm/mechs.

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
The simple answer is nobody really knows. Lots of conjecture and semi-scientific reasoning, but little real evidence that I know of - although I would be delighted to be educated with some studies if anyone has links to them.

As to your original point, 15ml a day is a lot. You might want to consider some of the suggestions above about your delivery device and your nicotine levels.
I just completed 2 years with no cigarettes and I have gone from 24mg to 12mg where I am at right now. 6mg would just not cut it for me no matter how often I vaped.

I think Lessifer hit the nail on the head - it's your journey, only you can decide what is right for you.

My delivery devices , all of them are really good , i usually vape at 0.3 , 0.4 ohms on a Subtank 50w , I have Lemo 2 , Orchids , Subtanks , Atalanises , Kayfuns .... LOL . I was sarting to worry about poisoning to be honest , ive never gotten a headache from vaping but throat and eyes soreness , many times

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
This will sound harsher than I intend it to be, I think it's time for some self control. Schedule yourself, take a vape break every hour, and keep that vape break to 10 minutes, set timers.

It's starting to sound more like an excuse to go back to smoking. I'm sorry miro, but it really does sound like you are trying to justify going back to smoking.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
My delivery devices , all of them are really good , i usually vape at 0.3 , 0.4 ohms on a Subtank 50w , I have Lemo 2 , Orchids , Subtanks , Atalanises , Kayfuns .... LOL . I was sarting to worry about poisoning to be honest , ive never gotten a headache from vaping but throat and eyes soreness , many times

you wont get nicotine poisoning from vaping. The closest youd probably get is if you accidentally sucked in a bunch of 24+MG juice through your tank, or spilled an entire bottle of juice on your skin and not wipe it off. Once your organs start hurting is when you know you get nicotine poisoning.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi. I read through the whole thread and it sounds like you are vaping much more than you used to smoke. I do not believe, after a year of vaping for you, that you are still physically addicted to the cigarettes at all. I think you are craving the repetitiveness of the act of vaping, itself. I vape a lot, too.

I was smoking 2 pad and now I vape 6-12mg nic and over 12ml a day in my Kayfun. I would suggest you up the nic a little or try some stronger flavors, like tobaccos, that will leave an impact on you and satisfy you more. Are you vaping high vg? Try vaping 70/30 to up the throat hit.

You could also try only vaping 6 times a day for about 5-10 minutes each time; just like you smoked a cigarette. I can see where the vaping can be so pleasurable that you do it more often than you would smoke. Keep experimenting with gear and flavors and nic %.

You also just may have to make up your mind what you want out of vaping and just do it.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
So, nic doesn't seem to be the problem, devices aren't the problem either, and it's not cigarette withdrawal after a year so... What was your question?

Vaping 15ml/day is a lot, but I doubt it's harmful. If you want absolution about buying a pack of cigarettes and smoking them, you're an adult, that's your decision. If you want to cut down, there's not much else you can do besides willing yourself to vape less.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Not to sound harsh or insulting or anything... but you need to have some degree of self control for any of this to work. My brain is constantly telling me to buy higher mg juice but I have to control that and stay where I'm at for dosage or even move down. It gets easier after awhile. But it's a fight.

ozm8ey

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
melboune,australia
I have the same sort of problem. I feel like im vaping 24/7 but when i was a smoker i was having a cig no more than one per hour. But I I do Karate and I can feel the benefits from vaping over smoking. No longer do i cough so much, i can smell better, I have more stamina and lots more. Just have to deal with it i guess.

d4gger

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2014
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Dunno, I vape nearly continually. The only times I'm not vaping are when something else is occupying both hands or it's socially unacceptable (inside work, which is a food manufacturing facility, in a public enclosed space, etc). I vape 6 mg/mL at .4-.5 ohms (mech only, VV/VW devices have always ticked me off) like it was chained to my mouth. I did cigarettes nearly the same way.

I've tried analogs a few times since vaping, and have had the same pack for nearly 5 months now. Each time they taste rather horrid, and the time I bummed one it was the same. If you still find yourself enjoying analogues, I dunno what to say. Too much wick, maybe?

If the amount you vape genuinely bothers you, cut back. Personally, I feel no need to cut back. If I used 20 mL/day, I still wouldn't mind.. I did use 20 mL of 3 mg/mL the first eight hours I had my Reo, and that was a good sign to me; it meant the vape was so enjoyable that I didn't mind getting a rather heavy dose of nic. But if you do want to cut back, just switch to unflavored (pg/vg/nic) and suck on some Lifesavers for flavor. Chances are you'll find yourself vaping just enough to satisfy your nic needs.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Nicotine consumption by vaper could be significantly higher than that of smoker. It was shown by Dr. Farsalinos:
Nicotine absorption from electronic cigarette use: comparison between first and new-generation devices : Scientific Reports : Nature Publishing Group
Vapers, even using old devices atomizers (Evod) had as much nic in their blood after 35 min of vaping as smoker after one cigarette. In one hour they had much more nicotine than from cigarette. So yes, vapers can consume more nicotine that smokers. Easily.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
If you were to vape at higher power (higher efficiency) you would get MORE nicotine per hit. That may help with the nic part allowing you to reduce dosages easier over time. The rest of your Habit is all in your BRAIN. The Hand mouth part of the habit, is the hardest to break. Me I would work on the Nic, then worry about the muscle memory issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread