I have no idea what I'm doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

and09

Jul 25, 2015
the guides I've looked at are a bit confusing. I don't really know what I need.
Right now I have some crappy express kit where the battery dies in like 20 mins.

I'm looking for a decent starter kit/set that's not too confusing. This would be for home use only. A decent battery life would be preferred (with maybe an interchangable battery)

I'm not looking to spend much more than $65 for the device itself.

Could anyone help me please x_x

I come here asking for help because I want t order everything I need at the same time, and not get ripped off at all. Thanks!

I'm thinking of getting this: $54.18 Authentic Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 30W VV VW 3800mAh Rechargeable Box Mod - 3-9V / 6-30W / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

but I don't know what else I'd need to get along with it in order to use it.

-and09

Last edited:
Reactions: KatzWh1skers

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thats a nice mod, I have one in the mail on the way to me. The only other issues you need to address are the tanks and coils. My preference for newbies is the Aspire Nautilus Mini and a 5 pack of the BVC coils for it. Normal usage of a coil is 10 days to 2 weeks, depending on the juice as dark or sweeter juices tend to gunk coils quicker.
$21.96 Authentic Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC Clearomizer - 2.0ml / 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$8.75 Authentic Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC Clearomizer Replacement Coil Head (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.6ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Fasttech is a nice company to deal with but you should know your orders will take two weeks or more (in my experience) to ship to you. Also, if it says "Authentic" it is real, "styled" means you have a clone.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
You might look at the Kanger Subox kit. It includes a tank and device. Just add e-juice and an 18650 high drain battery. The Kanger sub tank mini that is included in the kit has an RBA (rebuildable tank atomizer) coil that is easy for you to build - if you ever decide to try building your own coil.

Best Regards,
F2V

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
You might look at the Kanger Subox kit. It includes a tank and device. Just add e-juice and an 18650 high drain battery. The Kanger sub tank mini that is included in the kit has an RBA (rebuildable tank atomizer) coil that is easy for you to build - if you ever decide to try building your own coil.

Best Regards,
F2V
Interesting suggestion for a starter. I've been vaping a Subox for 6 weeks and thinking about how it would be as a starter. I've been vaping over a year now. A charger is needed too, and my own recommendation would be to go to Illumn.com and buy four Samsung 18650 INR 25R batteries at 5 bucks each and be done with it. And never worry about being without a vape again (except the Subox should be backed up too once anyone gets serious- backup backup backup).

18650 Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh High Discharge FLAT Top

I use a couple of Tenergy TN270 2 bay chargers that I bought from Provape for about $17 each, I think, and they have been trouble free for 9 months now. Other than that I don't know chargers well enough to suggest something else. I bought two because I believe in backing everything up, and everything costs twice as much if I have to go to a B&M for an emergency purchase.

Also need at least one 5 pack of replacement coils.

This will run a little over the stated budget but has a chance to last a good 6-12 months or more. Avoiding a few hundred dollars in subsequent attempts at finding the perfect vape. The Nautilus was just one stop on my way to the vape I like with this Subox setup.

and09

Jul 25, 2015
Thats a nice mod, I have one in the mail on the way to me. The only other issues you need to address are the tanks and coils. My preference for newbies is the Aspire Nautilus Mini and a 5 pack of the BVC coils for it. Normal usage of a coil is 10 days to 2 weeks, depending on the juice as dark or sweeter juices tend to gunk coils quicker.
$21.96 Authentic Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC Clearomizer - 2.0ml / 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$8.75 Authentic Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC Clearomizer Replacement Coil Head (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.6ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Fasttech is a nice company to deal with but you should know your orders will take two weeks or more (in my experience) to ship to you. Also, if it says "Authentic" it is real, "styled" means you have a clone.
Someone told me that this: ttps://$7.75 CE5+ Clearomizer (5-Pack) - 2.4ohm / 1.6ml / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping (SKU: 2257904) should work for me although it isn't the best.

I can only purchase the items you've linked to me with BTC and I don't use/have bitcoin. So it looks like I'm SOL there. If there's anywhere I could order that with paypal I'd sure like to get those.

This is what I've ordered now http://i.imgur.com/NSvGbTm.png (imgur . com/NSvGbTm.png)

I also got some eliquid

Is there anything else I need to make it usable besides those?

(edit:) So I found this on ebay:
ebay . com/itm/Authentic-New-Nautilus-Mini-BVC-FREE-Super-Fast-Shipping-from-U-S-/291522246165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43e0147615

Is that the same thing as what you linked me?

Last edited:

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Someone told me that this: ttps://$7.75 CE5+ Clearomizer (5-Pack) - 2.4ohm / 1.6ml / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping (SKU: 2257904) should work for me although it isn't the best.

I can only purchase the items you've linked to me with BTC and I don't use/have bitcoin. So it looks like I'm SOL there. If there's anywhere I could order that with paypal I'd sure like to get those.

This is what I've ordered now http://i.imgur.com/NSvGbTm.png (imgur . com/NSvGbTm.png)

I also got some eliquid

Is there anything else I need to make it usable besides those?

(edit:) So I found this on ebay:
ebay . com/itm/Authentic-New-Nautilus-Mini-BVC-FREE-Super-Fast-Shipping-from-U-S-/291522246165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43e0147615

Is that the same thing as what you linked me?
this may be a better choice for your first tank $6.25 Protank-II Style Bottom Coil Clearomizer (2.5mL) - translucent / 2.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping I have two of them which I still use with some flavors.they provide better flavor and vapor production and the coils are cheap and easy to replace. I have purchased many items from fastech using pay pal and am very happy with the products and service. I learned very early that it it a good ideal to pay a little extra for faster shipping. the free shipping is very slow (1-11/2 month vs 11/2 to 2 weeks for USPS shipping which only cost a buck or two

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
The CE5 clearomizer will work, but they are cheaply made, can leak easily, and will crack with certain flavor juices (citrus, cinnamon). It's exactly what I started with and 2 weeks later I had different tanks. They are throw aways. I'd suggest finding something with a glass tank so you don't have to worry about the type of juice you put in them, and with coils that can be replaced. The mod you picked is quality.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Interesting suggestion for a starter. I've been vaping a Subox for 6 weeks and thinking about how it would be as a starter. I've been vaping over a year now. A charger is needed too, and my own recommendation would be to go to Illumn.com and buy four Samsung 18650 INR 25R batteries at 5 bucks each and be done with it. And never worry about being without a vape again (except the Subox should be backed up too once anyone gets serious- backup backup backup).

18650 Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh High Discharge FLAT Top

I use a couple of Tenergy TN270 2 bay chargers that I bought from Provape for about $17 each, I think, and they have been trouble free for 9 months now. Other than that I don't know chargers well enough to suggest something else. I bought two because I believe in backing everything up, and everything costs twice as much if I have to go to a B&M for an emergency purchase.

Also need at least one 5 pack of replacement coils.

This will run a little over the stated budget but has a chance to last a good 6-12 months or more. Avoiding a few hundred dollars in subsequent attempts at finding the perfect vape. The Nautilus was just one stop on my way to the vape I like with this Subox setup.

Yes those Samsung 25r's are hard to beat.

and09

Jul 25, 2015

Aw phooey someone bought it before me. I found another one that looks the same and will be buying it, although it is a few dollars more.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all of your help. All my stuff should be getting here in ~2 weeks or so and I'll give an update then!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Aw phooey someone bought it before me. I found another one that looks the same and will be buying it, although it is a few dollars more.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all of your help. All my stuff should be getting here in ~2 weeks or so and I'll give an update then!

Good going !

Thank you all - closing this now :)

Reactions: Susan~S
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread