I have questions and don't know where else to go plz help i'm a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpizl1

Oct 9, 2017
Hey everyone, my name is Bill and I need help.
So its been 9 days ive gone without a cigarette because of vaping and im trying to learn as much as i can about vaping and the unit i have. Hopefully someone can help.
So here's my situation. I'm working with an eleaf Ikuun i200. Hopefully someone knows this brand/mod. It came with a .3 (?) something coil installed already and for the first week I'd have it at 60 watts , .23 ohms and 3.27 volts (I think, im not sure about the volts).
Today i changed the coil and i think the spare one that came with my unit was a .5 (??) but i notice now that my volt and ohm settings are now doubled and i dont know why. Theyre now at .47 ohm and 5.31 volts.
Is this because of the new coil or did i push buttons i wasnt supposed to? I have no idea.
Hopefully someone can help me, thank you.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
  • ncludes (1) Eleaf EC2 Kanthal 0.3ohm Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage (30 - 80W)
  • Includes (1) Eleaf EC2 Kanthal 0.5ohm Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage (30 - 100W)
If using wattage mode as you seem to be the ratings for the coils that it included are above.

If it is vaping alright without dry hits and burnt taste you are probably okay. You most likely changed the wattage by holding one of the buttons. You can turn it down if you need to

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
New coil.
The new coil is rated at .5, so .47 is within the range. Sounds like mod auto chooses wattage (and I guess volts) appropriate for the installed coil.
.this is an educated guess Bill. That brand is popular around here so someone will be along to give more in depth help.

Edit: Beamslider beat me to it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
When you switch to a different resistance (.3 to .5) you will have to adjust watts. Going from .5 to .47 in the same coil is just a very minor fluctuation in the wire resistance and quite common. Set watts where you like it. Drop watts to 30 and work your way up a couple watts at a time until you find your sweet spot.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
awesome, thanks everyone! Im only 9 days into vaping and have a lot to learn.
It's all good. 60 watts is a lot for some coils. I use the 0.5 at around 30w but with stronger liquid than some vapers. It helps the coil last longer and saves on liquid. My experience is most coils last a very short time if you push the watts. What they write on them is best case & ideal conditions.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I also think you should experiment with wattage when priming a new coil or just new juice. Start fairly low and gradually increase wattage to get to your sweet spot. You may be surprised that you like the vape better with the new coil at lower wattage, since you have a higher resistance coil. Sometimes a cooler vape is nice, or you may find the flavor best at a lower wattage. I sometimes even play around with wattage with a new juice, as some perform better at different watts than others.

Generally lower wattage MAY extend coil life, but it also depends on many other factors.

But good luck and it sounds like your device is working fine.

Anna

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
The ohms changed when you changed the coil. The volts had to change to keep the watts at the same setting. They're inter related:

OhmsLaw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread