I have seen the light! (No more mech mod for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamM

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
London, Ontario
For about 6 years I used low resisteance, bridgeless, 510 atomizers on mechanical mods (Silverbullet, Caravela Mod). I thought this was as good as it got.

I posted on the forum a few weeks ago after purchasing a nautilus Mini and being a little underwhelmed, I found out that my mechanical hardware and AW 18650 Protected batteries were a bit outdated and a tad dangerous.

I just received my Vapor Flask Lite and 2 LG HG2 INR18650 3000mAh batteries and it is sAweet.

There are two good things about this:

1) I'm getting warm voluminous vapor once again like I got used to with dripping.

2) I have piece of mind knowing that I'm less likely to die from a homemade pipebomb haha

Thanks ECF

p.s. Maybe once day I'll venture into Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer Territory. But for now, I'm content :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Glad to read that you've again found your sweet spot. :thumb:

I was once like you. My first mod was a mechanical Silver Bullet, but I put cartotanks on mine. Soon upgraded to a Provari after that. I was a happy camper for about 3 years.

Then I got a job at a vape shop. I got to experience a much wider variety of mods and toppers, and learned to rebuild coils. I haven't used a Provari or a cartotank in over a year.

Today I'm using my old Silver Bullet with a rebuildable dripper (0.6 ohm build) and a Wismec RX200 three-battery regulated mod with a Uwell Crown clearomizer (0.5 ohm coils). I can't imagine going back to a cartotank.

I like both my mech and my regulated mod. I'm in a happy place. :)

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm totally in agreement with AdamM, regulated mods have caught up with mechanicals. There is no reason any more why anyone needs to use an unprotected device.

With the exception of Baditude who I trust to know how to use a mechanical. :)
These are some reasons to use a mechanical. Try finding a regulated mod that looks like these:

steampunkmod2.jpeg

Vaperevolution_otto-carter-chi_you-5-430x244.jpg

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
As long as you find your sweet spot, that's all that counts. I use mechanicals only, and other than a fairly short stint with Provari V2s, mechanicals are all I've ever used. For the last couple years, I've used REO squonkers exclusively. The reasons:
Drip quality vape, without the inconvenience of top down dripping.
Reliability. There's not a single part that is not either user replaceable, or serviceable by the manufacturer.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
As long as you find your sweet spot, that's all that counts. I use mechanicals only, and other than a fairly short stint with Provari V2s, mechanicals are all I've ever used. For the last couple years, I've used REO squonkers exclusively. The reasons:
Drip quality vape, without the inconvenience of top down dripping.
Reliability. There's not a single part that is not either user replaceable, or serviceable by the manufacturer.
I've got enough parts on hand to keep my REOs working for many years to come :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
For about 6 years I used low resisteance, bridgeless, 510 atomizers on mechanical mods (Silverbullet, Caravela Mod). I thought this was as good as it got.

I posted on the forum a few weeks ago after purchasing a Nautilus Mini and being a little underwhelmed, I found out that my mechanical hardware and AW 18650 Protected batteries were a bit outdated and a tad dangerous.

I just received my Vapor Flask Lite and 2 LG HG2 INR18650 3000mAh batteries and it is sAweet.

There are two good things about this:

1) I'm getting warm voluminous vapor once again like I got used to with dripping.

2) I have piece of mind knowing that I'm less likely to die from a homemade pipebomb haha

Thanks ECF

p.s. Maybe once day I'll venture into Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer Territory. But for now, I'm content :)
Yes the Nautilus has great flavor. I used one for a while.

If the FDA deeming regulations are not stopped vaping may be gone in 3-24 months.

This is why i have been screaming at the top of my lungs to learn rebuilding and learn to DIY your ejuice abd make these bureaucrats irrelevant.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yes the Nautilus has great flavor. I used one for a while.

If the FDA deeming regulations are not stopped vaping may be gone in 3-24 months.

This is why i have been screaming at the top of my lungs to learn rebuilding and learn to DIY your ejuice abd make these bureaucrats irrelevant.

I have about 90 mechs, 20 lbs of rebuildable atomizers and 2 litres of 100mg nic.
:)
The FDA can suck my mod.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have about 90 mechs, 20 lbs of rebuildable atomizers and 2 litres of 100mg nic.
:)
The FDA can suck my mod.
I have 450 feet of Rayon, four mods with tge eleaf Pico on the way i have about 8 Kayfuns, 3 Silverplay Nano 600 feet of Kanthal enough flavor to make eJuice for 5+ years.

Don't need nicotine because i went 0 njc 4.5 months ago.

I told ECF members i was making those drinking Bureaucrats irrelevant.

Huehugh

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
i

I was tempted to get one of those, but then I realized I'd break something like that in a heartbeat. Lol. I drop everything way to much.

They sell those exact things on Groupon now. I typed in vape and found they are selling the mod tank combo for 99 bucks. I thought that was interesting. Groupon?

Reactions: petrotech

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I have piece of mind knowing that I'm less likely to die from a homemade pipebomb haha

Like most things, used correctly that just doesn't happen. If you smashed yourself repeatedly in the face with a regulated mod, then injury would ensue.
With the range of regulated devices available now you could argue the case for the extinction of mechanical devices. So I ask you, why do knowledgeable people still continue to use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread