I have turned into that which I used to mock

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I never really gave this much thought before, but I was recently thinking about how I currently vape, compared to how I used to vape when I first started out vaping, which is a little over 2 years ago now.

I guess you could say that I was a tootle puffer 2 years ago. I was vaping on a cig-a-like pen, and maybe using 2 ml of ejuice per day. Most of my ejuice purchases at the time were 50 PG/50 VG. There was even one time when I ordered some juice that was 70 PG, 30 VG, because I was lead to believe that more PG = more taste. That was a big mistake by the way, it was crazy harsh, and I hated it.

I also used to poke fun at cloud chasers back then.

I've pretty much done a complete 180 since then, and even though it has never been my goal to become a cloud chaser, I do blow some decent clouds now, compared to what I did before.

My juice choices have also radically changed. Before I had 24 mg, then 18 mg, then 12 mg.

I currently use 6 mg, and my most recent juice orders were for 3 mg. I'm taking it real slow, but I figure in 6 months-12 months time, I will be at zero.

And now my juice is very VG heavy, usually around 70-80% VG, depending on the juice line that I am buying.

So basically, even though it was never my intention, I am now what some people might call a cloud chaser, even though I am not specifically trying to chase any clouds. I am just trying to have an enjoyable vape experience, and when you combine the current hardware that I am using along with the high VG juice that I am using, big clouds just come with the territory.

As a matter of fact, I will be taking a walk outside soon on the city streets where I live, and I will no doubt be leaving a trail of clouds in my path, which is quite the opposite from my tootle puffing roots.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
Thanks!

I don't plan on taking any digs at tootle puffers, because that's how I initially got off of cigs, so I have no regrets about that at all. Tootle puffing worked out great for me.

I think that my transformation had more to do with technology (advances in vape hardware and more choices) and current trends (high VG juice) than anything else, which just naturally caused me to move in that direction.

No matter how somebody chooses to vape, it's all good, as long as it's working out for them.

Last edited:

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Yeah, you aren't alone, though my cloud chasing started long ago, as soon as it was possible, it was unintentional. I wanted a better vape and, for my likes, sub ohm is it. Down with the nic, up with the VG and wattage because that's what tastes best and, works best for me. As a result I am now a dreaded cloud chaser. :p

What do you mean the fan, be it air conditioning, heat or, neither, in my car is always on high and, the rear driver's side window is always cracked open a bit because if not, there would be too much vape fog in the car for me to be able to see to drive while vaping.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
Cya in a cuppla yrs when you come full circle?

That would be pretty funny, but my plan is to eventually quit completely.

I don't have any strict deadline, so I'll see what happens when I get down to 0% Nic. I'm in no rush.

I have enjoyed vaping these past few years, and of course, the main great thing is that without vaping, I probably would have never quit smoking.

However, many of the same restrictions against tobacco are currently in place against vaping.

I didn't like having to go outside constantly when at certain places when smoking cigs, and I don't like it now either, with having all of these vaping restrictions everywhere.

Vapers are basically being treated the same as smokers, so I do think that I will probably quit vaping somewhere down the line, when that time comes.

Because Vaping will then have fulfilled its primary purpose for me at least, and that is to be 100% free of cigs.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I never really gave this much thought before, but I was recently thinking about how I currently vape, compared to how I used to vape when I first started out vaping, which is a little over 2 years ago now.

I guess you could say that I was a tootle puffer 2 years ago. I was vaping on a cig-a-like pen, and maybe using 2 ml of ejuice per day. Most of my ejuice purchases at the time were 50 PG/50 VG. There was even one time when I ordered some juice that was 70 PG, 30 VG, because I was lead to believe that more PG = more taste. That was a big mistake by the way, it was crazy harsh, and I hated it.

I also used to poke fun at cloud chasers back then.

I've pretty much done a complete 180 since then, and even though it has never been my goal to become a cloud chaser, I do blow some decent clouds now, compared to what I did before.

My juice choices have also radically changed. Before I had 24 mg, then 18 mg, then 12 mg.

I currently use 6 mg, and my most recent juice orders were for 3 mg. I'm taking it real slow, but I figure in 6 months-12 months time, I will be at zero.

And now my juice is very VG heavy, usually around 70-80% VG, depending on the juice line that I am buying.

So basically, even though it was never my intention, I am now what some people might call a cloud chaser, even though I am not specifically trying to chase any clouds. I am just trying to have an enjoyable vape experience, and when you combine the current hardware that I am using along with the high VG juice that I am using, big clouds just come with the territory.

As a matter of fact, I will be taking a walk outside soon on the city streets where I live, and I will no doubt be leaving a trail of clouds in my path, which is quite the opposite from my tootle puffing roots.
Whatever works for you :)
I've also seen posts of folks going from big clouds to tootle puffing. I remain a tootle puffer and it's interesting to see how vaping styles changed to big clouds being the latest craze. As pod mods gain popularity (with some help from the EU with TPD limits) it will be fun to see it coming back to higher tech tootle puffing 2ml a day lol. It's happening folks, so hang on to your cloud chucking steam engines they will be vape museum relics soon enough :D

Last edited:

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Heh- while I'm still basically a tootle puffer, I've been gravitating toward a cloudier DTL style for a while. What I haven't been doing is lowering nicotine. Dunno- I just like the stuff, and I'm pretty sure I take in a lot more now than I did when I smoked, but I'm also _very_ sure that it's a lot less harmful than smoking was (if harmful at all, something I'm inclined to doubt.)

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
I tend to be a tootler at ten Watt(just nic and VG, no flavour), although I just restarted vaping (nearly a month now!).
The kit I have is capable of "ripping some phat clouds" and there's time yet for 'evolution'.
Can vape in the local pub here, and I hear complaints about vapers clouds and stinking up the place "p*ss off smoking that airfreshener near me" etc. Normally it's smokers who complain most/loudest so probably a bit of jealousy, but still don't draw ire on purpose, have respect for others. Diplomacy goes a long way.

I think the thing is not to have a thin skin, if you are a cloud ripper don't lose your sense of humour. People will find it a little strange and make comments, but hey we are all different and have our quirks, just don't be sour about it, laugh along, rip a cloud with a smile on your face.

[Video removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Can vape in the local pub here, and I hear complaints about vapers clouds and stinking up the place "p*ss off smoking that airfreshener near me" etc. Normally it's smokers who complain most/loudest so probably a bit of jealousy, but still don't draw ire on purpose, have respect for others. Diplomacy goes a long way [Video Removed]

I'm a bit jealous- completely out of bounds to vape indoors where I am, aside from in your own home, or perhaps someone else's. In the town I work in vaping is prohibited in parks and other public spaces, and within 25 feet of public buildings. I still vape in the parks when having lunch, etc, but I do so very discreetly, because the fine is actually significant. Just another reason I'm 100% a tootle puffer by day (tootling in the bathroom at work, which is wicked illegal, is another.)

EDIT: One nice thing is that I have yet to hear anyone come out of the bathroom at work and complain "It really smells of strawberries in there... what the hell have you people been eating?" I suppose if someone did the answer would be obvious: strawberries, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I started exactly the same. I progressed to subohm high power, but not for the cloud. I just prefer the draw. As long as I have my flavor I'm happy. There are still many times I do go back and tootle, pretty much for the same reason of not drawing attention and being able to vape in hotel rooms without worrying about the smoke detector.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
So...we are knocking peoples preferences for how they vape instead of cheering them for not smoking ?
Lovely.
Was the most prolific posting style around here for a very long time.

Still, to this day, if a post is masked correctly, it's followed by dozens of similarly masked, yet blatantly obvious supporting posts.

Shrug...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Was the most prolific posting style around here for a very long time.

Still, to this day, if a post is masked correctly, it's followed by dozens of similarly masked, yet blatantly obvious supporting posts.

Shrug...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I like to totally unmask my post on ocassion when warranted, re the post above :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread