I just don't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorcity57

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
I'M RIGHT HERE
i have 5 bottles of 36 mg menthol juice from 5 different suppliers sitting in front of me.
1 very dark yellow almost to orange
1 very dark yellow
1 medium yellow
1 light light yellow
1 totally clear
the first two taste about the same, menthol but with a funk
the medium & light yellow , crisp & nice menthol
the clear is my favorite, nice menthol , crisp, clean

why so much difference in 1 flavor?

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
its just a different kinda menthol taste, like a newport taste diff than a kool or a marlboro menthol

I see. When I see funk I think moldy or sweat sock or... ;)

Still with ya as far as what accounts for the difference in colors. Any juice masters have thoughts on this?

redjazzy1

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Florida
i have 5 bottles of 36 mg menthol juice from 5 different suppliers sitting in front of me.
1 very dark yellow almost to orange
1 very dark yellow
1 medium yellow
1 light light yellow
1 totally clear
the first two taste about the same, menthol but with a funk
the medium & light yellow , crisp & nice menthol
the clear is my favorite, nice menthol , crisp, clean

why so much difference in 1 flavor?

don't know how "in the know" i could be considered but since they're from 5 different suppliers, it may be just like you said... one uses a "kool" as an example while one uses a marlboro menthol... different flavors from different companies are going to be different colors/tastes because they're probably using different formulas to obtain they're idea of an already established "signature flavor". one may use 2 parts tobacco flavoring (and then it could be ANY NUMBER of different flavors, i.e. 555, flue cured...) and 1 part mint. or no parts tobacco and all creme de menthe from another flavor supplier. my advice would be to pick your poison and be glad you found it! now stock up quick before the FDA has their evil wicked way with our PVs! :)

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Some will be tobacco flavored and some pure menthol.

Tobacco flavored juices are darker.

Nicotine can give some color too as it ages (oxidises).

Thanks for that kinabaloo!

Particularly curious with respect to the aging/oxidation of nicotine you mention. I understand that exposure to ultraviolet will, unh, neutralize ?, nicotine. Does the oxidation through aging affect the efficacy of the nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread