I just got my EHPro Kayfun Lite + and am very disapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horn321

Apr 13, 2014
Latvia
I just got my Kayfun Lite Plus clone by EHPro, as I read that its one of the best, and I just wanted to say its a mess, I had so much problems with it in my first day, I had a ton of leakage from the airhole, I think all the juice would have dripped out, if I would have unscrewed the filling screw and poured out all of my liquid, then the middle glass piece cracked in 10mins, ok I had read that VG juice (I was using 100% VG) can crack plastic, but thats just funny in, like first 10mins, anyway that means that I have to use the metal middle piece, but then how can I know when its empty, if I cant see anything? Wait, that is not it :D one more problem - so with the metal piece in the middle, I cant see how much juice I have left, obviously, so I just wanted to fill it a bit more to not dry burn my wick, so I unscrewed the filling screw and all the juice from the tank just poured from the mouthpiece, so how I am supposed to fill it not burning the wicks and not inhaling the wick smoke with the metal piece?

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
It sounds like some of your problems might be coming from an air leak. This would be the juice pouring out when you take out the fill screw and the leakage from the air hole. Take it apart and check the o-rings, especially the one that the chimney sits in in the top cap.

As for the plastic breaking, I can't really say why that would have happened. I've never heard that VG cracks plastic, though there are some flavors that do. It stinks that it broke already. You can get replacements though.

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
It sounds like your not holding your finger over the air hole when you unscrew the filling hole. Also if you fill it up to high it wont be able to create the vacuume that stops it from flooding. Air is defiantly leaking in somewhere for you to have it coming out the airhole so check all the seals are where they should be. The tanks on the clones can be over tightened or cross threaded quite easily, but I wouldn't blame you for over tightening as seen as your having so much problems with leaking. My money is on a missing o ring that will need you to use one of the spares in the box.
using kayfun lite clone video - Bing Videos

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I just got my Kayfun Lite Plus clone by EHPro, as I read that its one of the best, and I just wanted to say its a mess, I had so much problems with it in my first day, I had a ton of leakage from the airhole, I think all the juice would have dripped out, if I would have unscrewed the filling screw and poured out all of my liquid,

Not sure what exactly is going on. Your writing style with all commas and no periods is confusing to read too. IMO if you had a ton of leakage and it was not due to your setup, you may have a bad O-ring.

then the middle glass piece cracked in 10mins, ok I had read that VG juice (I was using 100% VG) can crack plastic, but thats just funny in, like first 10mins,

VG does not crack plastic, it's because of some flavors. Google it and you'll find out which they are.

anyway that means that I have to use the metal middle piece, but then how can I know when its empty, if I cant see anything?

I use metal tanks sometimes. You will start getting drier hits when the juice gets low. Once you sense this you'll know the juice is running out.

so I just wanted to fill it a bit more to not dry burn my wick, so I unscrewed the filling screw and all the juice from the tank just poured from the mouthpiece,

IMO you have a bad O-ring in the atty which causes this to happen.

I suggest you watch a few videos on the Kayfun attys and learn more about them in general. Also Google the issues you're having and see what people say about them.

A Kayfun atty that's in good shape with good O-rings will not leak if you set it up correctly. It will though leak for a while if you fill it incorrectly.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any more questions give us more pertinent information. Are your O-rings good? What type of wick are you using? What resistance is the coil? 100% VG juice is thick. Are you thinning it at all? What other attys have you used in the past?

Last edited:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Hijack- I do not hold my finger over the air hole when I unscrew the fill screw, and I have never had any problems. Just my 2¢. I'm not saying it's wrong to suggest it, especially if he's having problems, but it's just never been something I've found to be necessary.

Btw, fasttech has replacement clear parts. I don't know the quality, but they are definitely inexpensive!

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
Hijack- I do not hold my finger over the air hole when I unscrew the fill screw, and I have never had any problems. Just my 2¢. I'm not saying it's wrong to suggest it, especially if he's having problems, but it's just never been something I've found to be necessary.

Btw, fasttech has replacement clear parts. I don't know the quality, but they are definitely inexpensive!
No your right I was just trying to think of all the possible. What @Ryedan says above about the atty o ring sounds more like the actual o ring that's giving the problem.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It sounds like all the leaking problems are due to user error. Did you fill the tank with the top off? The Kayfun is filled via the juice fill hole on the bottom. Filling the tank with the top off upsets the negative pressure/vacuum which these tanks use, just like a cartotank uses.

I suggest watching a demo video of any product you purchase to learn how to best set it up. Kayfun Lite Cotton & Microcoil Build

Vg does not crack plastic tanks. Certain flavors do. Something Safe for Cinnamon & Citrus Flavors

Last edited:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I have to ask....Is there a way to take a vape off another pv then before filling the KFL blow the vapor into it to find any leaks? This way you wouldn't have a mess and lose liquid and perhaps finding which seal is the culprit.....stupid question maybe, just thinking "outside the box".

I don't know. That's an interesting idea. If it's leaking when he turns it upside down to fill, it's almost certainly the small o-ring in the cap though.

graybeard

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Gaffney SC

The fast tech plastic tank sections work fine. They have both the full "m" tanks and the short middle sections in different colors. I have some of each type and they work very well.

Horn321

Apr 13, 2014
Latvia
Ok guys, I am feeling realy dumb right now, and that I wasted time of yours. The problem was indeed my error. First of all I apologise for my writing style, I get that a lot, will try and work on that.

But the problem was that, when I got it, I took it a part and with a middle metal part or even with the middle plastic part, I could realy see that I had missed the chimneys top part, I forgot about it completely.

When I took it apart today, to rebuild it and examine, I decided to put the big plastic tank instead, and then I saw that I forgot about the chimney, it was just open, I feel like an idiot, because that is what made all the leaks. The air just got in from the mouthpiece to tank and there were never a vacuum seal.

About the crack on a middle plastic part, I cant find it anymore, I think maybe it was a hair or maybe a little scrach that in sun appeared as a crack.

Before buying I watched a lot of review videos and build videos, but I feel so idiotic right now, I am a total noob, but that okay. Things best learnt are from mistakes, I guess.

And thanks for the info on cracking, beacuse I thought that VG cracks the plastic, but now that I know that is a citrus or cinamon I know I will have to use metal pieces, because I ordered 80% VG Lime juice and 80% VG Mojito juice.

Two more questions though - do I need to thin 100%VG juice with something and Is it okay that the coil turns blue-ish when I dry burn it to make a micro coil instead of tourching it (just dont have a tourch, and the wire is what came in box, I already bought a Kanthal, just waiting for a deliver, I can't get it in Latvia).

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I've forgotten to put the chimney on before too. Lol. Back when I was using protanks I forgot to but the little grommet 'hat' on the stem more often than I actually remembered to do it.

Glad you got it figured out!

oh, as for your other questions... You can thin 100% VG with some distilled water or even clear alcohol.

The way you are torching the coils sounds fine. You can also use your PV to 'torch' them. Put the coil on the Kayfun base and screw that on the PV. Briefly pulse the voltage till the coils glow, then use tweezers or something to scrunch up the coils. Doing that a few times works about as well as using a torch, IMO.

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I will not buy a tank unless it comes in full metal jacket version. How can I tell when it needs filling? The vape tells me, a subtle warning will be given when on it's last dregs, that vape tends to dry a tad. Plus, knowing how much one uses daily, know pretty much when it should be close to empty, and pay more attention to minute changes in my vape.

Have the Russian, still use it, but usually at 30 watts with a dna. It is easy to flood it by simply not knowing. The full size Russian has a valve fill, which I don't like, so always fill it from the top. Only time one must be careful and realize the wick is now super saturated and needs to be vaped down right away. If I happen to be at 22 or so, I'll crank it to 30 to power vape it and balance out the pressure differential. Once enjoying a good tuning vape, it's totally trouble free.

I prefer full metal jacket rba's for 3 reasons, clean tasting vape, no impact on juice flavor, juice don't crack SS, and SS tanks don't shatter upon impact. Also can now be used in self defense, specially on a 26650 mod.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Sorry you are having problems but glad to know it isn't just me. After reading all the wonderful recommendations I just thought this was gonna blow me away. Not impressed and having the exact same issues as you. :( Actually the first time I've a problem with any atomizer. Once you use a rm2 on a reo......you are pretty much ruined because the are that wonderful. Best I've vaped. Good luck to us both. :) I hope these suggestions help us.

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
Frankly, if an atty isn't using glass....or have an all steel option, I don't want it. Still can't believe they sell/make devices that can degrade....melt.....crack with a lot of juices. This is a pet peeve of mine. And yes, I can look up what juices can crack plastic....but thats a poor solution. Done ranting........ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread