I just got my EHPro Kayfun Lite + and am very disapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandylp

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2014
California
www.sandyp.com
It takes a couple days to get used to the Kayfun. I've made quite a few mistakes at first, too, but after taking it apart several times, rebuilding the coils, and experimenting with the air flow, I think I've got it set so that it is perfect for me. The spare parts can be ordered online for a nominal fee. I, too, prefer to use the stainless tank. I use a syringe to fill with 4mls and that will last about a day.

GoodahSP

May 22, 2014
California
Frankly, if an atty isn't using glass....or have an all steel option, I don't want it. Still can't believe they sell/make devices that can degrade....melt.....crack with a lot of juices. This is a pet peeve of mine. And yes, I can look up what juices can crack plastic....but thats a poor solution. Done ranting........ :)

I agree with you...but there is a lot of money to be made in aftermarket and custom parts to personalize things.

Sandylp

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2014
California
www.sandyp.com
I agree with you...but there is a lot of money to be made in aftermarket and custom parts to personalize things.

I agree, too, about the plastic tanks but there doesn't seem to be any glass tanks available for the Kayfun Lite Plus without issues that I've seen. The most interesting one I saw was advertised by fatdaddyvapes.com, but I've read that the fill hole on the bottom of the KFL+ won't work with it. Hopefully, there will be a glass replacement tank eventually that will work with the KFL+. If anyone has found one, please let me know.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
I had so much problems with it in my first day, I had a ton of leakage from the airhole, I think all the juice would have dripped out, if I would have unscrewed the filling screw and poured out all of my liquid,
I find this^ a touch confusing. I will say though that I've had my EHPRO KFL+ for about a month now and it has never once leaked from the air hole, unlike other KFL clones I've had

Horn said:
then the middle glass piece cracked in 10mins, ok I had read that VG juice (I was using 100% VG) can crack plastic, but thats just funny in, like first 10mins, anyway that means that I have to use the metal middle piece, but then how can I know when its empty, if I cant see anything?
VG juice doesn't crack tanks; that's absurd. But a lot of flavors will do so (citruses, red-hots, et all)

Horn said:
Wait, that is not it :D one more problem - so with the metal piece in the middle, I cant see how much juice I have left, obviously, so I just wanted to fill it a bit more to not dry burn my wick, so I unscrewed the filling screw and all the juice from the tank just poured from the mouthpiece, so how I am supposed to fill it not burning the wicks and not inhaling the wick smoke with the metal piece?
When using the full metal jacket you have to guestimate. It shouldn't leak out the mouthpiece at all.

Just turn it upside down, unscrew the fill port, and squeeze juice into the tank... when the juice starts backing up out the fill port it is full. Or you can just measure 4ml in a syringe, which is what I do when at home (you can use a 1ml syringe, without a needle, to fill through the port just fine BTW)

Last edited:

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
Good to hear that I am not the only one :)
Thanks for the thinning advice,
And I am torching just like that, but the coild stays in blue-ish/purple color, just wanted to check if that is okay :D

IMO grain alcohol lends a harshness to the liquid that I really don't like very much - I only use it when I'm dealing with flavors that need it to blend properly (Absinthe (anise essential), red-hot (cinnimon essential, etc). If you wanna thin your juice I'd just pick up some PG; generally an 85/15 mix is loose enough to wick well in most anything. If you have a PG allergy or something, I'd say use distilled water, just a touch.

Glad it's working for you now though.

Set up properly, with a wick done right (takes a while to get the hang of wicking it IMO), the KFL+ delivers flavor and vapor like no other.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
I just got 2 EHPro KFL+ V2 (and a third that is some Knockoff of a Knockoff I'll post about in another thread) and have not had one problem with either.

Got one yesterday and another today.

The plastic center section. It does not come with the O rings installed. The O rings are in a plastic bag. Did you put O rings on the clear section?
If not you might of over tightened it which could cause it to crack. With all the parts you just tighten until they stop, No Torquing. If you over tightened you might not be able to get it apart, at least not easily.
When new everything is Tight.

With the 2 EHP KFL+'s I got the top cap O ring is inside, captured in, a grove so it can't come out easily. Actually a very good design that I hadn't seen before in any of the pictures I've seen of this model.

KFLv2-3_zps6a82b280.jpg

I hate to say it but your disappointment is, IMHO, clearly your fault.

I am new to vaping, 2+ months, as of yesterday at about 3:00 PM EDT I had never seen a KF, lite, +, V1 or V2 in person and never wrapped a coil or wicked a coil and or built anything to vape with.
The 2 KFL+ V2's I have are both up and running with 1.6 ohm coils and cotton wicks. I did have to Re-wick the first one as I didn't leave enough wick on my first try.
No leaks, no broken parts, no juice running out the drip tip. You have made some mistakes in assembly. Or it could be you got a faulty unit, but I doubt it.
You can buy replacement center plastic pieces.
Vaperev Shop - Kayfun Standard M-Tank Transparent

Best of luck getting is figured out and fixed.

RedMoxy69

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Palm Springs, Florida
I have a question Re: posts i have read about KFL+, MANY say to also purchase (besides metal Tank piece) a shorter chimney for improved flavor (others dispute this) & I fully realize this question is highly subjective - interested in thoughts from your personal experiences with this add on. Pros, cons, worth it, don't waste your time & $????? Question #2) V1 or V2, erc./ 2013 or 2014 model??? And go but please play nice...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread