I know this horse has been beat to death, but......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickel City Nomad

Nov 20, 2012
buffalo,ny
I've been vaping for about three weeks now. I'm using 100% VG/24mg nic thru a Nova clearomizer. The mod is a 1300mah spinner. Coil in the atty is a 2.4 ohm. I run it at 3.8 volts. Just started experiencing sore throat. I sip a quart of Gatoraid a day, and suck on Halls throat drops as well. What is up with my throat being sore just starting now?

Ratha77

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Edmonton, Ab
I've been vaping for about three weeks now. I'm using 100% VG/24mg nic thru a Nova clearomizer. The mod is a 1300mah spinner. Coil in the atty is a 2.4 ohm. I run it at 3.8 volts. Just started experiencing sore throat. I sip a quart of Gatoraid a day, and suck on Halls throat drops as well. What is up with my throat being sore just starting now?

Its probably just your body adjusting to the vape.
After all even though its not analogs its still an irritant to the throat.
Hope your feeling better!

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
You really need to drink more water. Tea can also dehydrate as it is a natural diuretic and combined with vaping can be bad. You need more liquid that is not tea or coffee.

Thank you sir! I hate water, love tea, not sure what I'm going to do now!

Nice to see a fellow SC'r here, I'm not too far from you!

@ Nickel City Nomad, hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Ray D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
PA
Thank you sir! I hate water, love tea, not sure what I'm going to do now!

Nice to see a fellow SC'r here, I'm not too far from you!

@ Nickel City Nomad, hope you get to feeling better soon!!

I'm a big iced tea and coffee drinker too. You don't have to stop. But it will help if you make a point to chug at least 3 extra glasses of water per day.

Yes, chug. Drink it down. :) Adjust from there to stay better hydrated.

(Tea may have diuretic qualities, but the volume of water in the tea offsets any dehydration... usually. But vaping draws moisture out of you too, so now tea loses rehydration effects a bit more. Alcohol? Same thing only worse)

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Switch from Gatorade to vitamin water....it gives you the electrolytes without all the dehydrating salts....you'll see a noticeable improvement.

Also, avoid more than say...two caffeinated beverages, the diuretic properties of caffeine will dehydrate you as well.

sent from EVOLTEd

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I'm a diabetic. We get dehydrated easily. I also hate water. I've read over and over about dehydration and vaping. Admittedly I'm a one-month old noob but so far haven't experienced full body dehydration but definitely have experience dry mouth and lips as well as the terrible bitter mouth taste I've seen mentioned... twice before I learned what was happening. So, the vape right on your mucus membranes will dry them out or draw moisture from them. Denture wearers are very familiar with this. So, now, swishing water in my mouth between vapes (every 10 hits or so) stopped that problem. It sounds to me like either the level of nicotine or something in the juice you're vaping is causing the throat irritation. Logically, if you're not having a dry mouth or lips problem then your throat isn't dry either. I had one liquid that had undetectable pepper in it for instance. I found that some juices use it to increase throat hit.

Last edited:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Three weeks into vaping is a common time for a person to start noticing things like sore throat, mouth sores/bleeding gums, excessive phlegm, etc. as the body starts adapting to the lack of the chemicals that are put in cigarettes. It could also be a virus or something...but it shouldn't alarm you too much. It's pretty common to get some uncomfortable symptom or other in the first month or two of quitting smokes.

As everyone has said...stay hydrated. If you don't like water, then even using some sort of flavoring in it (a splash or two of lemon or cranberry juice works nicely) can help. Coffee and tea don't really "dehydrate" you...but the caffeine can complicte things...if you can avoid the caffeinated beverages at least some of the time it's good. Also sodas have a lot of sodium, which is dehydrating. Bear that in mind! The Gatorade type drinks also have a lot of sodium. Flavoring your water and alternating with more favored drinks throughout the day is a good idea.

Me? I love water and drink it all day! Rarely drink a soda or iced tea, but do have about 2 cups of coffee a day in the morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread