I know this horse has been beat to death, but......

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Back with this trying to help:

1.1 WHAT IS PROPYLENE GLYCOL?
Propylene glycol is a synthetic liquid substance that absorbs water. Propylene glycol is also used
to make polyester compounds, and as a base for de-icing solutions. Propylene glycol is used by
the chemical, food, and pharmaceutical industries as an antifreeze when leakage might lead to
contact with food. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified propylene glycol as
an additive that is “generally recognized as safe” for use in food. It is used to absorb extra water
and maintain moisture in certain medicines, cosmetics, or food products.

This means it absorbs water from whatever it comes in contact with... like mouth, throat, lips and lungs... not your whole body. I use it on my watercolor pallette to keep the paints "wetter" than plain water while I work or slow down drying time because it absorbs moisture from the air onto the pallette and into the paints. So if you just keep your mouth and throat wet with anything liquid that contains water that's enough. You don't have to drink litters full to hydrate the whole body. I'm saying this because I AM diabetic and this whole dehydration of the whole body thing scared me enough to keep me away from vaping until I realized its just contact points. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the replies, suggestions,and personal testimonies. I'm hoping (this is gonna really sound stupid) that I'm just getting sick,cuz vaping is like the best thing that's ever happened to me. I've tried quitting cigarettes countless times,and this is the only thing that has worked. Either getting sick,or vaping is* really* bothering me, cuz I'm starting to get this soreness in the sides of my neck under my ears ...lymph nodes getting infected, or swollen. I don't think just vaping could do that,although I'm sure it could irritate an existing,or developing problem. Maybe I'll have to cut way back and see what happens. I've tried completly different juices from different suppliers with completly different bases on alternating days,and the problem remains the same. So.... maybe cutting back till I feel better. Thanks all for the help!

jayscott

Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Amherst, Ma.
I'm two months in and had a sore throat for about the first 2 to 3 weeks of vaping. I vape 12mg not 24 so that could be a cause of sore throat. For me it was ... water. I got in the habit of chugging 1 glass for water first thing in the morning and 1 small bottle of water before each of my 3 coffees / day. FYI, dunkin donuts sells bottled water at a reasonable price. I've found, now that im used to vaping I don't have to drink quite as much as when I started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread