I love my case, but I would love it more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto69

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Not my original idea, but I've I've seen it lots of places here on the forum.

Take an empty Altoids or similar-size tin, spray paint it any color you want, line it with foam or velvet, and voila! An extra carrying case for your cartos.

Now I need to come up with something for the extra-long batteries -- maybe one of those hard-shelled eyeglass cases?

Hint, hint ... Steve, we need a bigger case or PCC for the XL batteries.

:D

I would actually like a thin pen or eyeglass type hard case, large enough for one or two XL batts with a cart attached, and a couple of carts. I love the manual batts, but I am always worried the button will be depressed in my pocket while I am out and about, and I can't carry a loaded batt (even a small one) with the cart attached in the current line up of case. A thin hard case would be perfect for that - sort of a 'day case'. I will try to see what I can find and perhaps mod one, but this would be something I think more people would like to see, and hopefully Leaford and the rest of the V4L crew will consider the development of something like this in the future.

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
I gut them (remove the cheap plastic divider thingie) and it holds like 11 carts or 8 and some batts, they rattle around a little, but so far no damage to anything. I have a loose thin piece of foam ive considered puttin in it for padding, but it seems to not really matter.

I also fold up my PT and toss it in there for work occasionally.

The case design is very nice, slim and good looking, it only fails on the insert, which is easily resolved by removing it and either replacing it with your own custom filler..or like me, doing away with it all together

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I would actually like a thin pen or eyeglass type hard case, large enough for one or two XL batts with a cart attached, and a couple of carts. I love the manual batts, but I am always worried the button will be depressed in my pocket while I am out and about, and I can't carry a loaded batt (even a small one) with the cart attached in the current line up of case. A thin hard case would be perfect for that - sort of a 'day case'. I will try to see what I can find and perhaps mod one, but this would be something I think more people would like to see, and hopefully Leaford and the rest of the V4L crew will consider the development of something like this in the future.

Right now we're working on getting improved inserts for the regular cases, to hold 4 cartomizers instead of 2, and on getting long cases and PCCs for the extra long batteries. (I have another idea for improving the cases, but it depends on finding the right material, so I'm holding that idea unti I get there.)

A longer, thinner case to hold an assembled e-cig is a good idea, but my experience with trying to get longer cases and PCCs tells me it won't be as easy to do as it sounds. :rolleyes: BUt that doesn't mean it CAN'T be done. ;)

What do the rest of you think? Are you fine with two long slots for batteries, and four short slots for carts? Or would you prefer longer, narrower cases with, say, three long rows for assembled e-cigs?

Oh, and BTW, my Leaford Lanyard is another good solution to the "pocket problem". No worries about disassembling it, or accidental button-pressing. ;) :D
Leaford Lanyard

Last edited:

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
personally, I am looking for a carrying case that will fit 2 mega batteries, (not a pcc) a small bottle, some tweezers, and a few carts and atty's. the mega batteries will not even fit into a standard e-cig case even when dissassembled. there is no market for mega battery e-cigs yet we need longer and thicker e-cig cases. thin enough to still fit in a pocket.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
I don't know how this sounds to others but I'd like to see a clip option to clip the VK in/on my shirt pocket along with my pen. Pen doesn't fall out but VK has, many times.

I'll second this. I've been looking for pocket clips that go on a pencil. Apparently they don't make them anymore. :(

Again, the Lanyard solves that,too. :D

But, the clip idea is a good one. I tried that with a penstyle using a metal pen clip, but the trouble was if it was tight enough to hold the e-cig it would scratch the finish when you put it on or took it off. If it was loose enough not to mar the surface, it wouldn't stay on securely.

Plastic would probably work better. We can try finding a manufacturer for that, or try to work with our e-cig manufacturer. Either way it would involve fiddling with prototypes and checking samples. Just my thing :D, but it'll be a lot easier to do in when I'm there in person than via the intertubes. ;)

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
personally, I am looking for a carrying case that will fit 2 mega batteries, (not a pcc) a small bottle, some tweezers, and a few carts and atty's. the mega batteries will not even fit into a standard e-cig case even when dissassembled. there is no market for mega battery e-cigs yet we need longer and thicker e-cig cases. thin enough to still fit in a pocket.

If by Mega Battery you mean the Extra-Longs, we're working on cases for that, and should have production beginning soon. I THINK I even managed to incorporate an extra touch of my own, but I'm learning that even when they say "yes, yes, we can do," it often doesn't get done:rolleyes:, so I won't say anything more about that until we get the samples. :D

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
BTW, this is the case I use when I need to really make sure I don't run out of batteries, like when bar-hopping in Thailand. :D

Case1.JPG

I don't actually use a case very often, because I'm seldom out of the house for all that long, and ussually have at least 2 or 3 different e-cigs with me anyway. I'd rather have more than one e-cig, than just have more than one battery, anyway. ;)

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
the case above would be perfect for mega batts IF it was longer and not as wide, I can't believe manufacturers would make a longer battery without also making a freakin' case for it.

Yeah, I know. And it was like pulling teeth to get it made. Nearly as hard as getting them to fit 4 carts instead of two into both sizes. But we got it. :thumb: It's in production now. Or maybe tomorrow. Timezones. They get me all :confused:. :D

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey Leoford, I now it's only been a few days, but I am anxious! I don't own any of the brands @ V4L But I have many 510 mega batts.. The ideal hard pocket case would be 4 - 5.5 inches long x 2.5 inches wide x 1 inch thick. May I ask the dimensions of the ones being manufactured?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Hey Leoford, I now it's only been a few days, but I am anxious! I don't own any of the brands @ V4L But I have many 510 mega batts.. The ideal hard pocket case would be 4 - 5.5 inches long x 2.5 inches wide x 1 inch thick. May I ask the dimensions of the ones being manufactured?

Exterior about 5.5" x 3", battery slots, about 4 1/4" long.

Does that work for ya? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread