Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Gorgeous car. I'll bet your kids love it! Tell her it's you reward to yourself for working so hard (and succeeding!!!) on the GAD.

Then.......go buy her something frivolous and expensive.
Thank you. Yes the kids do love it. Like me, they've never had a cool car before :). I tried that whole reward thing. All it has gotten me is the silent treatment since Sunday. Sad :(

Reactions: JC Okie

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I could live with the silent treatment, but the lack of food would get to me after about a week.

The car looks great, so why does the Mrs hate it? When i was a younger Trunker and rode high performance sports motorbikes, HRH hated those, because she was frightened of being widowed.

[Now, of course, she has access to my money and has taken my car to go and spend some of it. They learn fast!]
She hates it because it's not "her". She wants me to be "old man". She likes to see me cruising around in soulless, albeit nice, people movers. :(

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Ya know I think all women are the sane. when the family gets a new car it's for mommy and daddy drives the old clunker.

One would think are happiness should be thought of too.. but I guess we need to stick to wife happy, we happy approch. Crap! Not! Doomed.. all the time? What about me?

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Not to worry! Just get her to drive it! I got me a candy apple red 5.0 Mustang as my mid life crisis purchase! Mr. Chili asked to drive it to work a week after I got it so he could show the guys! In the next two weeks he was asking to drive it about every other day! Now he drives it all the time and even ordered special licenses plates that reflect who HE is. Long story short, it is now HIS car! So let her drive it! But in moderation because it might become her car! Congrats! Sweet sweet ride!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
As a woman, I have noticed for the last few decades that a lot of good Husbands get the short end of the stick. I get a lot of flack from the few lady friends I have , but as soon as men marry, "it all about the wife" life changes drastically, men lose most of their "stuff" If they are lucky they get a basement.

Then after a short while its all about the wife and the KIDS. Husbands , the good ones do their best to keep everything in life good.

I think you if a man does everything right in life, damn it, YOU should have that "dream" thing while you can still see and walk around without a walker.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Here's what I think, without getting into the man/woman thing too much....

If you make enough money to buy a car like that without taking food out of anyone's mouth or a roof from over anyone's head, then you should be able to. Life is short. People should have things they want if it doesn't hurt anyone else.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
As a woman, I have noticed for the last few decades that a lot of good Husbands get the short end of the stick. I get a lot of flack from the few lady friends I have , but as soon as men marry, "it all about the wife" life changes drastically, men lose most of their "stuff" If they are lucky they get a basement.

Then after a short while its all about the wife and the KIDS. Husbands , the good ones do their best to keep everything in life good.

I think you if a man does everything right in life, damn it, YOU should have that "dream" thing while you can still see and walk around without a walker.

Damn my wife needs to hang out with you for awhile! Haha right on!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Damn my wife needs to hang out with you for awhile! Haha right on!

Like I say, most wives and ladies dont like me... First of all Im divorced and will NOT marry again. Second, I have an amazing man that gets away with almost anything because he loves me. We have been together for more than 12 years.

Talk about mens hobbies, tanks, planes, trains, guns, knives, toys, comics, movies.... it goes on. But I guess it helps that I love all those things too.

Im bad, cause I encourage him. Him: "Sweetie, .. Look at this guitar" Me: "Oh my god its beautiful ... GET GET GET ....."

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Not to worry! Just get her to drive it! I got me a candy apple red 5.0 Mustang as my mid life crisis purchase! Mr. Chili asked to drive it to work a week after I got it so he could show the guys! In the next two weeks he was asking to drive it about every other day! Now he drives it all the time and even ordered special licenses plates that reflect who HE is. Long story short, it is now HIS car! So let her drive it! But in moderation because it might become her car! Congrats! Sweet sweet ride!
That is so awesome. What's sad is my wife has never even looked at the car. She just "doesn't like those "type" if cars". Sad.

JC, I hear ya girl. This actually saved my family money while making dad very happy.

I don't get it. I'm always a cheerleader for my wife getting what she wants even if I don't like it.

Kinda makes me feel like a total idiot.

In one way I'm very happy but it's being crushed by the one in all the millions of people I waited for and selected in this world to share my wife with. Sorta humiliating. Thanks for letting me share. It's so much worse than I can really feel like saying here. :(

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
That is so awesome. What's sad is my wife has never even looked at the car. She just "doesn't like those "type" if cars". Sad.

JC, I hear ya girl. This actually saved my family money while making dad very happy.

I don't get it. I'm always a cheerleader for my wife getting what she wants even if I don't like it.

Kinda makes me feel like a total idiot.

In one way I'm very happy but it's being crushed by the one in all the millions of people I waited for and selected in this world to share my wife with. Sorta humiliating. Thanks for letting me share. It's so much worse than I can really feel like saying here. :(

Russ, she'll get over it, and so will you. She drives (I assume) what she likes, and you have a right to drive what you want. DON'T feel like an idiot......I'll bet your kids are over the moon excited that Dad is driving that car. They count too, ya know. It's important to have a "cool" dad....especially at their ages. I'll bet your son can't wait to show it off to his friends.

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
Congrats, there is nothing much better than the new car smell that you can enjoy with your clothes on.

Nice! looks like once you can feel comfortable being out and about, you need to visit the tail of the dragon. Hwy 129. Commonly called Deal's Gap. This road, with 318 curves in 11 miles, is a sports car and motorcycle heaven. Even a somewhat challenging ride/drive it at the posted speed limit. Not so sure you need an eight speed transmission though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread