I messed up and need some help (fell off the bandwagon).

Status
Not open for further replies.

sake1bs

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
nyc
I just remembered something from when I smoked and had no thoughts of ever quitting. As long as I had what I considered a sufficient amount of cigarettes, I could generally moderate my habit and not go thru 'em like water. But if I was down to maybe running out before the ol man got home from work... PANIC... and I'd start smoking like I was trying to set my lungs on fire. Everytime, it never failed. It was like... HAVING them was *almost* as good as smoking them -- but if I was close to running out, there was simply no such thing as enough.

Last summer when I had my relapse, the straw that finally broke the camel's back was when I realized that I had no cigarettes in the house -- INSTANT PANIC -- so, in tears, I ranted to my husband that I just had to have cigarettes. So he went and got them -- he's not stupid enough to argue with an addict in withdrawal. :D They helped my digestive system return to something like normalcy, but I knew I had to get rid of them before too long, or I never would again. The smoke-break lasted a month. But I made sure to quit with just over half a pack remaining, which I put in a ziplock, behind my stash of nicotine in the freezer. :D

Andria

I was the same way thats one thing i do not miss about cigarettes is the worrying if you have enough to last the night and panicking on only having 5 left but knowing ill be up for 3 hours.. those 5 cigarettes went faster then if I had an entire pack. The panicking the worrying all that is such a huge nuisance. Now i got my Vape Gear and theres no way I'm running out and if i ever do i have some decent flavors I'm not crazy about that i could turn to if need be.. but just never happy the worry and panic was left behind the morning i got my provari i sucked that thing like a golf ball through a garden hose and never looked back.. like bruce waynes father says.. its not about how many times you fall its about you picking yourself back up.. or something like that lol. Also comes to mind that morning I had 6 packs from a carton i just bought a few days prior to vaping and those things stayed in my drawer and were untouched.. i guess i kept them just in case the vaping wasn't going how i would hope but i gave it an all out try that morning and that day and it just happened to stick and definetly had my many doubts id go back to cigs but one day turned to 2 and so on and am very happy and very surprised i was able to kick cigs for about 4 months now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread