I need a 510 atomizer for dripping...Im looking for the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethenes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Louisville, KY
Well, since I'm so new at this, I was jumping the gun a bit I think. When they were brand new, IMO they needed a few more drops to "prime" the atomizer. The 3 drops on a brand new atty gave me that bit of burnt taste, so I added a few more drops which helped out a ton. After it is primed depending on the size of the drops--which is different for each type of bottle--it seems to take 3-5 drops on the Value Vapor Betterlife 3-hole mentioned earlier. When I added 5 to 7 drops for about the 4th or 5th refill I did get a tiny bit of gurgling and took the atty off and saw that there was a TINY bit of juice that had come out. It wasn't flooded all over the connection or anything like that. I'm still so new to vaping and that was my first atomizer and first time dripping. The drip shield, apparently, is just to keep the juice from spurting or whatever into your mouth when heated by the atomizer.

My question is, is it normal to have to clean the connection on your PV no matter what you are using?

Last edited:

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
yes, always check your connection and clean as needed. i use a reo which is a bottomfeeder so i dont worry, it has a catch cup in case i squeeze too much juice up. it also helps to remove and blow out your atty from the connection end about once a day or so or if changing juices. i love the 357 too but you cant go wrong with the cisco attys, i used the 306s most of the time with a cannon drip tip. the cannon and other 306 tips slide over your 306 atty where the 510 use the tips you fit inside the atty. there are many different styles and price levels. i use trippy tips but they are expensive and pretty hard to get but i seem to get better flavor with them than with delrin or plastic. there are also places to get cheaper glass drip tips than the trippys if its not in your budget to spend 25 for a tip.
as with everyone else, i too am always looking for the next greatest atty so its a never ending search,lol. if i was just starting out there is no way id go for a 357, just too expensive to fry one out of the gate and be out the cash. you have to learn them and they are a different animal in the way you hit them. as far as i know they are the only atty that has a built in catch cup to hold extra juice and you need to make double sure they stay very wet with juice.

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
I've not tried any of the IkenVape atomizers.

For dripping (NOT bottom fed juice systems), the HH.357 is the best I've found. Some people love the HH.357 on bottom feeders, but not me.

For bottom fed juice systems, the Cisco 510 bridgeless and Aero bridgeless both from AvidVaper are the best. These also rock for dripping. I'd compare their performance to the HH.357 as a high end Ferrari to a McClaren F1. Both are amazing, but the F1 is simply the best performing.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I am currently dripping out of a 901 atomizer using an adapter and I find the vapor smooth, but not much flavor. I particularly blame the juices for this (from Madvapes) so I have some new ones coming soon. I also own some Boge 2.7 ohm cartos and some SMK 1.5ohm dual coil cartos. I honestly can't even tell the difference between them... maybe I'm not doing it right.

I am also considering the Smartvapes dripping atomizer for my eGo 510 batteries. I am trying to decide if I should get the 306 or 510 atomizer as well as if I should try the lower or higher ohm ones? I'm curious about trying the 306 atty since it seems like a lot of people prefer them, but it seems like the 510 ones might just be easier for me so I don't have to buy a 306 drip tip or mess around with making a mod.

Also, are drip shields necessary? What are the advantages of debridging/dewicking and why would you do one and not the other? Does doing this save a burned out atty? Thanks all, still learning here!

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
Also, are drip shields necessary? What are the advantages of debridging/dewicking and why would you do one and not the other? Does doing this save a burned out atty? Thanks all, still learning here!

AFAIK, Debridging is supposed to eliminate one more thing that can interfere with taste/vapor flow/juice delivery. IMO, it is better to buy a bridge-less atomizer than to de-bridge one yourself. YMMV.
Dewicking isn't something I know enough about to speak on.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Okay, this topic has been on my mind a lot recently... I've used many different attys/cartos, about 6 months ago I switched entirely to attys. I like bridgless LR 306s the best it seems. I have been using the smartvapes dripping 306 1.8 ohm attys for like 4 months now, and I find myself craving more throat hit... Flavor and vapor production etc. are all great on the smartvapes one. But I need more th... So I'm about to get over my cheapness and order either a couple avid cysco's or a hh 357.

Any advice?

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
i love the 357s... they are a different beast all togather than other attys though. ive fried 4 of them learning how to use them and i believe i have it down now. i had 3 rebuilt by hanna and should have them very soon so i hope im right and i have learned.
cisco 306s are very good, they are what i would use other than 357s. good luck and if you find some thing that rocks you please let everyone know.

vanjo

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2012
CHITOWN!
i love the 357s... they are a different beast all togather than other attys though. ive fried 4 of them learning how to use them and i believe i have it down now. i had 3 rebuilt by hanna and should have them very soon so i hope im right and i have learned.
cisco 306s are very good, they are what i would use other than 357s. good luck and if you find some thing that rocks you please let everyone know.

You could do that? I bought one at VapeBash in Chicago was able to shake hands with Cisco and Hannah and fried it. I have not used it long since I am a noob with dripping. I have been using it off/on for about a week and decided to clean it. burned dried it and POW! felt my heart sink. I was frustrated and tried to tinker with it. ( I guess that voids the warranty). From my experience though, the HH 357 that I have, a 901: Was spitty.. Was thirsty (burns a lot of liquid) and when that thing is dry.... FORGET ABOUT IT! WORST F-ING TASTE EVER! would I buy it again? yes, gonna give it another shot. but I am finding that I am liking the SLB bridgeless 901 @ 1.7 ohms that Empire Mods are selling. Ordered a couple more of those and a 1.5 ohm one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread