I need a cool build vs. a hot build, ideas anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
As the title says I'm looking for coil builds that are on the cool side ( temp. not looks :facepalm: lol )
Presently have dual 28g @ 1.4 ohms each, 2.4 ml diameter, .07 ohm total, 20pg/80 vg juice in a Velocity Mini, 15 to 22.5 watts.

tank is a Kanger Subox Mini with RBA built at 1.4 ohms, again 28g wire at 2.4 ml diameter, 20pg/80vg juice, 7.5 to 12.5 watts.

Cotton Bacon wick in both tank and rda. Any suggestions, thanks

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Have you played with Steam engine and heat flux?
Do you have any thinner wire (30AWG/32AWG)?
Cheers
I

I haven't used steam engine for awhile so forgot to change the heat flux @ watts setting when I was trying to figure this out last week.

The build I have now 28g, 2.4 ml, .7ohm @ 18 watts gives a heat flux of 114.

After playing around with different gauges going to try 10 wraps of 26g, 3 ml, .7 ohm @ 18watts gives a heat flux of 57.

So increasing resistance reduces heat but changing diameter of build doesn't, going to a larger gauge reduces heat flux though it increases the number of wraps to arrive at the same resistance, increasing diameter of build reduces the number of wraps to arrive at the same ohms.

Somehow I'd forgotten this so this was a good review for me. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. Now time to build some new coils and try it out.:thumb:

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread