Status
Not open for further replies.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
I have two Lemos and love them. Great flavor & vapor, but good (I think) for RTA for a tootle puffer. I got them after my Nautilus Mini, and it was almost too much vapor for me, at first. When I first got it, I had to close down the air flow a bit, and really turned down the watts, and then it was similar to my Nautilus, but still much better flavor & vapor.

Now that I've gotten used to it, I vape it in, I guess, more of a mid range -- built to 1.1 ohms, with the airflow somewhere in the middle.

I spent a lot of time looking at RTAs, and I new I wanted variable airflow that was capable of being relatively restricive and a glass tank. Especially for the money ($19), it was a good choice for me, and I love not buying coils.

One con, without a workaround, you can't get to the build deck without emptying the tank.

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
Missouri...or the state of Misery.
I dunno. Mine is still making great flavor. About 10 days on a 1.8 ohm coil @ 20W and it's still kickin. I hear good tings about that Lemo though. Let me know if ya like it. I'm looking for a new tootle puffer. I gave my KF Nano to my ol' lady's kid.

I looked through a lot of reviews before ordering it so I hope it holds up to the glowing praise it has received. I also ordered me a bunch more vivi nova tanks since I really like them. I think I will have every color that they offer now lol!

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
I have two Lemos and love them. Great flavor & vapor, but good (I think) for RTA for a tootle puffer. I got them after my Nautilus Mini, and it was almost too much vapor for me, at first. When I first got it, I had to close down the air flow a bit, and really turned down the watts, and then it was similar to my Nautilus, but still much better flavor & vapor.

Now that I've gotten used to it, I vape it in, I guess, more of a mid range -- built to 1.1 ohms, with the airflow somewhere in the middle.

I spent a lot of time looking at RTAs, and I new I wanted variable airflow that was capable of being relatively restricive and a glass tank. Especially for the money ($19), it was a good choice for me, and I love not buying coils.

One con, without a workaround, you can't get to the build deck without emptying the tank.

I'm okay with having to have it empty to get to the build deck...I'm going to be using it with my favorite liquid anyway..and I drain tanks of that pretty fast lol! As soon as my flavoring order gets here I'm hoping to get that one cloned so I'm not paying $10 a bottle anymore for it since I do go through it pretty fast. Does the top fill work pretty good?

Reactions: Kenna

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Does the top fill work pretty good?

The Lemo V1 doesn't fill from the top, it fills from the bottom. I think when it first came out it had a fill screw (the 'extras' bag includes one), but the two that I have, purchased from two different vendors, have a silicon ring that seals the fill hole. I haven't had any leaking, either.

The glass tank doesn't have threads, so it's just held in place when you put screw it all together. If you're careful, you can hold it against the palm of your hand and dump the juice out if you need to. The first day I had it, being used to a Nautilus, I just unscrewed the entire bottom and dumped all the juice into my lap (I knew better, but I blame it on muscle memory).

As soon as I did that, I got some polymer clay (I have kids, so lots of craft stuff) and made a plug for the top opening (where the drip tip fits), and baked it off while pre-heating the oven for dinner. If I use that, I can turn the tank upside down with the juice in while a build. I just have to be careful I don't knock it over. It works, but it's still easier to build between tanks or dump the juice.

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
The Lemo V1 doesn't fill from the top, it fills from the bottom. I think when it first came out it had a fill screw (the 'extras' bag includes one), but the two that I have, purchased from two different vendors, have a silicon ring that seals the fill hole. I haven't had any leaking, either.

The glass tank doesn't have threads, so it's just held in place when you put screw it all together. If you're careful, you can hold it against the palm of your hand and dump the juice out if you need to. The first day I had it, being used to a Nautilus, I just unscrewed the entire bottom and dumped all the juice into my lap (I knew better, but I blame it on muscle memory).

As soon as I did that, I got some polymer clay (I have kids, so lots of craft stuff) and made a plug for the top opening (where the drip tip fits), and baked it off while pre-heating the oven for dinner. If I use that, I can turn the tank upside down with the juice in while a build. I just have to be careful I don't knock it over. It works, but it's still easier to build between tanks or dump the juice.

Ah, okay...I'm getting a version 2, and it's supposed to have a fill hole around the top. That's a wonderful idea about the clay though...I think I'm going to go raid my daughter's room for some of hers ;) Maybe I can sweet talk her into making me a stand for in my bathroom....

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
@Kodak, I hope you like it. If it doesn't suit you at first, it should be very customizable, so I'm confident you can get it to where you like it without much trouble.

It has to be better than my little taste Nautilus! I gave my big Nautilus to my best friend this weekend...she doesn't seem to have an issue with it. I took a pull from the one she had before and....1/2 taste for me. Apparently my taste buds just reject the Nautilus! I'm also looking forward to getting into the coil building aspect of it.

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
Do your research before you try to build. And make sure you check your resistance before you pull the trigger on any new build. It's not hard ad can be fun, but it can be dangerous too. :thumb:

I've already done a ton of research (almost a 1 inch binder full!), and I have a complete builder's kit coming that has the meter. No way would I attempt something like this without a ton of backup! I did just as much research on the DIY liquids before I attempted that...I'd rather be safe than sorry :)

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
I did maybe find a clue as to why I don't like the Nautilus....someone on another post mentioned that he didn't like how the airflow was a little restricted on the Nautilus. I'm thinking that may be why it doesn't work for me as well as my Vivi Novas or my Emow tanks do.

Reactions: Kenna

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
Start simple. Single coils. 28G wire is easy to work with. Steam engine will put you on the right track if you have any questions about how many wraps and what wattage. :thumb:

I am in no way ready for more than simple lol...I ordered a range of wire just so I have a bunch on hand as I am going to figure out how to rebuild my kanger and aspire coils once I get the hang of it. I'll have to check out steam engine...it's never popped up in all of the research I've done. Thanks!

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
Here's a link. You plug in wire size and target resistance and it tells you how many wraps at what diameter and such. Then you adjust the wattage in the "heat flux" box and the flame icon changes color. Blue is cold, green is good. Red is melted tonsils. Lol! There is a juice calculator in it and an ohm's law calculator too. (Tabs at the top.)

If you get some 28G kanthal, wrap it around a 2mm jig (a q-tip stick works) 8 times and keep the wraps as close together as you can without overlapping. It's about 1.8 ohms and works great for a tootle puffer. It's what I use in my Kayfuns. (It's also what Rip Trippers puts in a rebuilt Nautilus coil.) Add a second identical coil and the resistance drops to about .8. That's what I put in my Billow/Orchid.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
I am going to figure out how to rebuild my kanger and aspire coils once I get the hang of it.

I hope you have a better experience building the Aspire coils than I did. The Kanger ones worked out OK (not great), but I still haven't been able to rebuild an Aspire one to my satisfaction. Granted, since I have a few RTAs now, I'm a lot less motivated to try again, but I feel bad for my Nautilus just setting there. Maybe it's time to PIF.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
I did maybe find a clue as to why I don't like the Nautilus....someone on another post mentioned that he didn't like how the airflow was a little restricted on the Nautilus

I think that's why I marginally preferred the Aerotank. The nautilus might produce better flavor for some juices, but the Aerotanks, in my experience, produced more vapor -- and ate more juice, too.

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
Here's a link. You plug in wire size and target resistance and it tells you how many wraps at what diameter and such. Then you adjust the wattage in the "heat flux" box and the flame icon changes color. Blue is cold, green is good. Red is melted tonsils. Lol! There is a juice calculator in it and an ohm's law calculator too. (Tabs at the top.)

If you get some 28G kanthal, wrap it around a 2mm jig (a q-tip stick works) 8 times and keep the wraps as close together as you can without overlapping. It's about 1.8 ohms and works great for a tootle puffer. It's what I use in my Kayfuns. (It's also what Rip Trippers puts in a rebuilt Nautilus coil.) Add a second identical coil and the resistance drops to about .8. That's what I put in my Billow/Orchid.

I think I remember seeing an app for my tablet for this...Didn't pay much attention to it as I wasn't ready then to start coils. And I know what Rip Trippers video you are referring to...I just watched it last night lol! I ordered wire from 26-32 g. so I have a wide variety coming...not to mention the 100+ flavors I ordered.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
I think that's why I marginally preferred the Aerotank. The nautilus might produce better flavor for some juices, but the Aerotanks, in my experience, produced more vapor -- and ate more juice, too.

I have yet to have my Nautilus produce hardly any flavor from any juice I've tried in it! I've decided I'll keep my mini nautilus in the stable for now and maybe keep bringing it back out to try it from time to time. I'm no longer worried about juice consumption since I started making my own :) Now if my flavoring would hurry up and get here (HUGE vapemail coming to my house in the next couple of days!!) I could start trying to duplicate my all time favorite juice!

Reactions: NoFumus

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
I was supposed to get my vape mail today. The USPS effed it up again. 2 day priority my fat, hairy :censored:. 7 of the last 9 orders took 3 - 5 days. One got delivered to the wrong address in the wrong zipcode. :-x

Sorry :( I have a great Post Office...and it's kinda hard from em to screw it up since I live in a town with a population of 1,800....I should get one of my packages tomorrow...and the rest will be Wed/Thurs....5 packages of vapemail coming my way!! Oops...6...forgot the VG/PG I ordered from Essential Depot on Saturday :lol:

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread