I need some forum directions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only been a forum member for about three days now. I am quite certain that some of you folks will find this post kind of amusing or whatever. I can see right off the bat here, that I, more than likely, have very little to contribute. Especially when it comes to this posting business or creating replies, etc.,. Exactly what I mean here is that I have carefully looked down these various sub categories and have tried to find a place that I can "fit in" if that is making any sense?? Some of these discussions or whatever are making little sense to me. It is kind of like entering a movie theater when the show is almost over with. Then one would sit there and say "Gee I wonder what that was all about"?? I realize that this post reads like I am some kind of mental ......, but rest assured that I am none of the above. What I am asking here, is there some kind of format that a newbie like me needs to follow or just what is it that a person must do in order to get into "the general flow" of this forum here?? I mean, just what is it that this forum needs the most?? Is it acceptable to bust into existing discussions or issues without an invite of sorts?? I have only made two fairly long winded posts and told my "basic story", so to speak. The only other 2 things that I have done is to answer all replies made to me (I may have missed some) and then I decided to contribute to this forum because I felt this was the correct thing to do. I mean the money thing. I just wanted to help out this cause, so to speak. Because this forum is quite large, with all the various categories, I seem to be lost here. I know that reads kind of weird, but I am picking my words the best I know how. I really do not have that many questions about vaping gear and the related supplies, etc.,. Well, at least, not at this point in time at any rate. In my very humble opinion, it is my thought that I must have a purpose here, otherwise I am wasting everybody's time not to mention my own. What I am looking for is some input as far as goal orientation is concerned. Whom ever is reading this, rest assured that I am "playing no games" with these questions. This is an honest attempt for me to get some answers to these various issues I have raised. I think that I feel kind of insecure here mostly due to the fact that I am a new vaporer and really do not have a lot of knowledge to share. Besides, I am quite certain that I do not understand the inner workings of this forum either. What I think is my best course of action, is to wait a few days and see what kind of answers or responses that I receive to these concerns of mine. I thank you so very much for reading and any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
You will develop interests before long. There are many facets to this new thing. You have just opened the door to what can either become a hobby as it has for me and for many other people here.

It started very simply for me as it has for you. I purchased a mech mod and an RDA a few months into my journey so I needed help with that. Then started rebuilding the coil heads for my Kanger tanks. Needed help with that. And so forth and so forth.

My newest adventure has been making my own e-liquid, which has been maybe the most rewarding part of this.

All that being said, you will choose to go farther or not and you can then offer your own perspective and expertise to other people who are not as far along as you are. I have received way more help from this forum than I have given just by reading the wealth of knowledge here. So I try to give back whenever I can.

You have probably already helped quite a few people who have read your posts and found inspiration in someone quitting after 40 years of smoking. Those are relevant posts and you're doing a great thing. Never feel you have nothing to offer. Just your point of view is enough.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @Cognator. A couple things you might find interesting.
1. You might be interested in looking into CASAA, it's free and it helps :
What and who is CASAA? | E-Cigarette Forum

2. CONTESTS
Contests | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple of pages)
Some of the contests are really easy to enter, some you have to post pics and other stuff. The page gets updated whenever a new contest comes along so you might want to "watch thread" to save it to your quick links in the gray bar above.

There is a social aspect to the contests, and frequent interaction. You also learn about different vendors, new technology, etc.

3. HEALTH QUITTING Health, Safety and Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum This is a good read even if you don't have any issues switching to vape from the cigs.

4. DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages, click "watch thread" to save)
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

5. There is a keyword activated search box in the upper right above your name and avatar. Practically any vape related word or phrase will work in it giving sometimes hundreds of results. I use it often.

6. Just enjoy. Many of us try and help others when we've had the experience in the area someone is seeking an answer too. I've spent a few hours reading sections and threads of the forum out of curiosity, or for education. You don't need an invite to any thread. If someone has asked a question that leads to a question you have jump in.

Enjoy the journey.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
There is no set protocol for entering a discussion, if you have something to offer, jump on in, if not, feel free to read the entire topic of discussion in hope you can become educated on said topic, then move accordingly. If you do not understand, please inquire, if you have an opinion, just do so in a manner in which is not derogatory or demeaning.

Learning is the key to more involved discussion on an array of topics. And shared experiences create further discussion as well.

I will offer you just a little advice to start...reduce the font size to the default size (unless you need the large font due to sight impairment) as it help reduce the length of a post and easier for readers to get through it faster.

Best of luck and happy travels!:D

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Well, I think you're doing just great so far.

Please try not to feel any pressure here. Read, "like", learn or post new threads - it matters not. What matters is you enjoy your time here and maybe learn a little something along the way.

I'm still very new to vaping and to the forum. Most of the time I feel a tad overwhelmed but I continue to visit daily in hopes of learning (heck, the terminology is enough to make my head spin).

To me, the forum mimics life - some folks easily chime in, like at a party or social gathering, while others are more comfortable observing.

Do what feels right for you.

Cheers

Well, I think you're doing just great so far.

Please try not to feel any pressure here. Read, "like", learn or post new threads - it matters not. What matters is you enjoy your time here and maybe learn a little something along the way.

I'm still very new to vaping and to the forum. Most of the time I feel a tad overwhelmed but I continue to visit daily in hopes of learning (heck, the terminology is enough to make my head spin).

To me, the forum mimics life - some folks easily chime in, like at a party or social gathering, while others are more comfortable observing.

Do what feels right for you.

Cheers
I appreciate the feedback. Thanks :)

Reactions: juskiddin
There is no set protocol for entering a discussion, if you have something to offer, jump on in, if not, feel free to read the entire topic of discussion in hope you can become educated on said topic, then move accordingly. If you do not understand, please inquire, if you have an opinion, just do so in a manner in which is not derogatory or demeaning.

Learning is the key to more involved discussion on an array of topics. And shared experiences create further discussion as well.

I will offer you just a little advice to start...reduce the font size to the default size (unless you need the large font due to sight impairment) as it help reduce the length of a post and easier for readers to get through it faster.

Best of luck and happy travels!:D

Hi @Cognator. A couple things you might find interesting.
1. You might be interested in looking into CASAA, it's free and it helps :
What and who is CASAA? | E-Cigarette Forum

2. CONTESTS
Contests | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple of pages)
Some of the contests are really easy to enter, some you have to post pics and other stuff. The page gets updated whenever a new contest comes along so you might want to "watch thread" to save it to your quick links in the gray bar above.

There is a social aspect to the contests, and frequent interaction. You also learn about different vendors, new technology, etc.

3. HEALTH QUITTING Health, Safety and Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum This is a good read even if you don't have any issues switching to vape from the cigs.

4. DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages, click "watch thread" to save)
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

5. There is a keyword activated search box in the upper right above your name and avatar. Practically any vape related word or phrase will work in it giving sometimes hundreds of results. I use it often.

6. Just enjoy. Many of us try and help others when we've had the experience in the area someone is seeking an answer too. I've spent a few hours reading sections and threads of the forum out of curiosity, or for education. You don't need an invite to any thread. If someone has asked a question that leads to a question you have jump in.

Enjoy the journey.

You will develop interests before long. There are many facets to this new thing. You have just opened the door to what can either become a hobby as it has for me and for many other people here.

It started very simply for me as it has for you. I purchased a mech mod and an RDA a few months into my journey so I needed help with that. Then started rebuilding the coil heads for my Kanger tanks. Needed help with that. And so forth and so forth.

My newest adventure has been making my own e-liquid, which has been maybe the most rewarding part of this.

All that being said, you will choose to go farther or not and you can then offer your own perspective and expertise to other people who are not as far along as you are. I have received way more help from this forum than I have given just by reading the wealth of knowledge here. So I try to give back whenever I can.

You have probably already helped quite a few people who have read your posts and found inspiration in someone quitting after 40 years of smoking. Those are relevant posts and you're doing a great thing. Never feel you have nothing to offer. Just your point of view is enough.

Moved to Site Feedback and Help

Yes, ECF is huge. If you see a topic you'd like to participate in, jump right in. Or if you're uncomfortable in doing that, you can just read up on the topics and learn that way.

Participation isn't mandatory, but it is welcome.

I wish to thank everybody for giving me some "directions". Sorry I used a bigger font size and a blue color at times. I would not have done that if I knew that this was a issue. And no, there is nothing wrong with my eye sight. I really do not like small fonts, however if using them is more pleasing, then I am happy to oblige. I think at this point in time, I will become more of a reader than a writer. I am quite certain I can learn a lot of stuff that way. None-the-less, I do really appreciate the advice on "what to do here". I can easily see that this is quite a large website with lots of things going on. Navigating around here was a problem at first, but I think I will get into the swing of it all in due time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread