Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatboxHero

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
utah
So some of you might have seen my post bragging about my new Sigelei Zmax and Protank 2 :) now that I have been enjoying it for two days I have some questions.

I have noticed that I can get a small burnt taste sometimes when I ramp up the voltage on this thing. It doesn't stick and its not only one tank or juice that it happens with. I lower my voltage back down and everything tastes great. Tons of vape too. Love this Zmax! :D

But here is my confusion, with my old eGo-V V2 I would regularly vape at around 4.5-6 V with a 2.5 ohm coil. That hit the best in my opinion. Lots of smoke and decent flavor. But now with my Zmax if I go above 4.0-4.5 volts (6-8 watts) I will get that little tiny bit of burnt taste. It seems the sweet spot for vaping is considerably lower on my new device. Is my Zmax really pushing out that much power?! I have tried many different juices and tanks and had the same results. I wouldn't be surprised at all if my Zmax is pushing a lot more power then my eGo was. Just shocked to see the difference I guess :) Anyone here noticed the same thing?

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I think it's highly likely that your Ego-V was not pushing out 4.5 volts even when set that high. There is less voltage drop with a zmax for sure especially as you start approaching it's max level. I can set my spinners at 4.8 and my zmax at 4.8 and the zmax will produce significantly more flavor and vapor - using the same topper (on a vivi nova 2.3 metered ohms for example)

I tend to set mine at 7.5 watts and forget about it - sometimes I will bump it up a smidgen if I want a slightly warmer vape. That said, this zmax will pump a decent amount of power to my RDA in voltage mode.

I like it so much more than my v2 & v3 vamos.

BeatboxHero

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
utah
Aglet:10300167 said:
I think it's highly likely that your Ego-V was not pushing out 4.5 volts even when set that high. There is less voltage drop with a zmax for sure especially as you start approaching it's max level. I can set my spinners at 4.8 and my zmax at 4.8 and the zmax will produce significantly more flavor and vapor - using the same topper (on a vivi nova 2.3 metered ohms for example)

I tend to set mine at 7.5 watts and forget about it - sometimes I will bump it up a smidgen if I want a slightly warmer vape. That said, this zmax will pump a decent amount of power to my RDA in voltage mode.

I like it so much more than my v2 & v3 vamos.

It's nice to see I'm not the only one seeing this. Also glad I got the Zmax instead of the Vamo haha. I wonder about my juice burning though. I recently switched from the MEAN setting to RMS and it seems a lot more accurate. Things don't burn at higher watts/volts. I wonder if that was my problem?

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Yes absolutely, use RMS. Every single review and speck of advice I have seen (plus my own experience) points to using it in RMS mode.

Just to clarify about the Vamo comment, the Vamo is a good APV - but I just think the Zmax has a better finish, a better thread on the 510 connection particularly and seems more solid. I like my Vamo, I love my Zmax.

BeatboxHero

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
utah
Aglet:10300235 said:
Yes absolutely, use RMS. Every single review and speck of advice I have seen (plus my own experience) points to using it in RMS mode.

Just to clarify about the Vamo comment, the Vamo is a good APV - but I just think the Zmax has a better finish, a better thread on the 510 connection particularly and seems more solid. I like my Vamo, I love my Zmax.

Thanks for the advice man! And I know there are a lot of Vamo users out there. It's a good device obviously. But I have heard from two people now that they prefer their Zmax over the Vamo. Just glad I picked the device I did :D Another question, I am using the batteries that came with the Zmax and I am curious if I should upgrade those. I am assuming that they are cheaper since they came in the set? What batteries should I look at buying?

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I like the Sigelei better than the Vamo, although I use both - I use everything I have (I hate screwing tanks on and off, so I just rotate the mods :)) Without a meter, you can't tell for sure what the eGos are firing at and, personally, I doubt they are putting out the exact power they claim to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread