I ordered a TFV12 Stainless steel Subohm Tank for $39.99 BUT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaponeGiaccone

Mar 8, 2016
I'm looking at a sale on a $50.00 Silver/Leather Wismec Reuleaux RX300 quad high output (25+ amp) 18650 regulated box mod as well as a $56.99 Smok GX350 quad high output (25+ amp) regulated box mod. The fact is that I'll never vape beyond 180W or perhaps 210W with the V12-T12 .12ohm amperage and voltage demanding high wattage coil that my TFV12 will come pre-installed with. I intend to purchase the separate pack of V12-T6 .15ohm new super version of the previous sextuble TFV coil because I've heard and common sense tells me it'll produce more vapor than I've seen as of now (which is my thing, I'm a cloud chaser now that tanks have insane high resistance manufacturer coils...for a price). However, The V8-T8 is the most intense coil I can use on my G-Priv 220W with LG HB6s and HB4s. I think the HB6s, according to Mooch's charts, hold enough voltage and can safely be pulsed at high levels for about 65% of the very short life of the cell. I swap out sets, pairs, etc. which I keep cased up for different mods. I have 8 of each: LG HB4 (mustard 30A/1600mAH, LG HB6 (pink 32A/1450mAH), and Sony VTC5A (25A/2,500mAH) 18650s. I think the HB4s last significantly longer than the HB6s but should be swapped out just before remaining life is about 50% because the voltage drops off hard and the cell runs hot at 35A pulsing which is a common reading on my screen. Now I would like to know, the dimensions of both quad battery mods are almost the same and the store had an RX300 that looked only a tad larger albeit more square than the RX200S I owned at it's release. The 510 is fixed, Wismec learned and any tank will connect appropriately, but it retains the Reuleaux recessed circlular border of the 510 connection only in appearance, it's almost an even flat top so everything about the RX300 looks great for me. I put my mod on my table and use my Maingear PC to play games all night on the weekends. What's so special about the plasticky GX350? I know it cannot be as well constructed as the RX300, which is a monster brick made of light, solid metals instead of an abundance of cheap plastic pieces with only some metal. I love the G-Priv and the Alien is the same mod sans touch screen.

My question is I'm trying to eventually try as many of the latest high wattage tanks and their coils as they are released and for cloud chasing as a main point of using them, not to quit smoking. 80% VG Vanilla Cupcake Kisses by Lips & Drips liquids/60ml boxed plastic bottles galore for 22 bucks each with 3mg nicotine. Is the Sony VTC5A 25 continuous amperage output battery going to be enough power to handle most lighter coils than the V12T12 (such as the TFV8 V8-T10 coil, which is pretty high power and the type of coils I'll be using when I replace the 12 coil included with the new tank. If HB6s swapped out before the remaining life gets as low as most people would allow is the best for performance and complete wattage freedom then that's fine. I just need help choosing which ones to buy. I want to buy 8 total batteries today online just in case I don't need more than 2 sets but I'll likely buy more when it's in the budget. I don't know how quad mods work because my amp pull is high (35) at my 150W preference using the deca TFV8 coil so I'm limited to 140W maintaining a max 33 amp pull with mostly fully charged cells at all times. Thanks in advance. is the honest safest way to have wattage freedom with high resistance coils and high amp pulling, I have no problem with that. I just want to know which of these 3 batteries I need to buy a few sets of four to marry and use with the RX300. Sony VTC5A? LG HB4 (longer life, can become hotter than normal at certain points, my compromise and favorite battery overall)? or the 1450mAH LG HB6 (which can be used to about 30% remaining life before I swap them, though it's sooner)?

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
His post is regarding how the quad battery mods work like the RX300. Is the quad battery mods series, parallel, or both )two series running in parallel)
He is a cloud chaser (it's just how he vapes). He is running .12 and .15 ohm coils in that RX300 and he's trying to decide between the Sony VTC5a, LG HB6's, or the LG HB4. He is going to buy 8 batteries for his RX300. Which would you recommend and why?

Currently, he has these, but he wants to know which one is preferred. Since he pushes the limits with low ohm coils. He's torn between stressing the amp limit on a 20A high MaH battery, or staying within the boundaries of a 30A lower MaH battery.

Being an Ex smoker myself, I found myself a flavor chaser. Back when I started, we either had EGOs or Mechanical mods. Even with the higher powered mods, I find myself staying under 40W, with 25W being the norm. If you build your coils, you can make more than enough clouds to satisfy you. I have a few pre-made coils, but building my own coils gives me the vape that I want. I've personally found that more clouds does not mean more satsifying. I tailor make my juice and coils to match the style *I* want, and I suggest you at least give coil building a try.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
His post is regarding how the quad battery mods work like the RX300. Is the quad battery mods series, parallel, or both )two series running in parallel)
He is a cloud chaser (it's just how he vapes). He is running .12 and .15 ohm coils in that RX300 and he's trying to decide between the Sony VTC5a, LG HB6's, or the LG HB4. He is going to buy 8 batteries for his RX300. Which would you recommend and why?

Currently, he has these, but he wants to know which one is preferred. Since he pushes the limits with low ohm coils. He's torn between stressing the amp limit on a 20A high MaH battery, or staying within the boundaries of a 30A lower MaH battery.

Being an Ex smoker myself, I found myself a flavor chaser. Back when I started, we either had EGOs or Mechanical mods. Even with the higher powered mods, I find myself staying under 40W, with 25W being the norm. If you build your coils, you can make more than enough clouds to satisfy you. I have a few pre-made coils, but building my own coils gives me the vape that I want. I've personally found that more clouds does not mean more satsifying. I tailor make my juice and coils to match the style *I* want, and I suggest you at least give coil building a try.

Nice paraphrasing.

I was suggesting that he focus on learning the other side of vaping/cloudchasing (building, airflow, juice). That way he can get even bigger clouds without ever approaching the limits of his cells or device.
At that point the options for viable cells increases, and you can opt for more MaH without sacrificing safety.

Reactions: NealBJr

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Nice paraphrasing.

I was suggesting that he focus on learning the other side of vaping/cloudchasing (building, airflow, juice). That way he can get even bigger clouds without ever approaching the limits of his cells or device.
At that point the options for viable cells increases, and you can opt for more MaH without sacrificing safety.

Yea, that is a good idea. pre-built coils are convenient, but for some reason, I never get as good a vape out of them as ones I make myself. there are two other vapers at work, and they all use prebuilt coils. They all seem to think I build wicked builds, but I just do a simple coil build .7 ohm on a Goblin Mini.... nothing special at all about it. Yet my builds seem to out cloud theirs.

So yes, I agree with you... Those that push the limits of pre-buillt coils should look into building their own coils.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yea, that is a good idea. pre-built coils are convenient, but for some reason, I never get as good a vape out of them as ones I make myself. there are two other vapers at work, and they all use prebuilt coils. They all seem to think I build wicked builds, but I just do a simple coil build .7 ohm on a Goblin Mini.... nothing special at all about it. Yet my builds seem to out cloud theirs.

So yes, I agree with you... Those that push the limits of pre-buillt coils should look into building their own coils.

Its more than building the proper coil.
Airflow, wicking, and juice plays a very large role in the equation.

Cloud chasing by shooting as much power as possible through tank is a facepalm moment.

Know your gear.
Vape safe

Reactions: smacksy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread