I really don't get it........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Snarkieness aside, I usually vape anywhere from 60w-90w depending on the coil as well as the juice. I have dual claptons in my Griffin right now and they will take 90w easy, but I could push them over 100W if I wanted, I just prefer the vape at 90w. I've done some other builds on RDAs that I have easily gone over 100w on, but I don't prefer to vape that way all the time. It is about what you enjoy, not keeping up with the walking cloud machine next to you.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
They use complicated artsy coils that maximize flavor and make more vapor and take tons of power to heat up.

Lol
Parallel coils perform better than exotic coils, and dont require all that power.
Far better flavor and Vapor.
Claptons are pretty, but inefficient.

Reactions: Foggy Road

DragonNC

Mar 8, 2015
Macedonia
They use inefficient, elaborate artsy coils that take tons of power to heat up.

They use complicated artsy coils that maximize flavor and make more vapor and take tons of power to heat up.

Thanks guys.....I think I will stay with my kanthal build at 0.7ohm & 1.4 ohm.

Reactions: Foggy Road

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
I use standard coils the type any noobie would build when learning and I was the same at first I start at maybe 20watts a year later I can go up to 60-75watts on these standard coils. the more elaborate the coils the more wire being use thus the more distance the current has to travel ( correct me if I'm wrong I am just ASSUMING ) thus to heat up the coil quicker a higher wattage might be wanted. it's basically like drinking out of a coffee stirrer vs a regular straw. I haven't tried any fancy coils but I am sure they have a purpose besides looks when it comes to vaping maybe more surface area so when the coil actually heats up it will produce more vape idk.

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I won't lie, I prefer my iStick 100w or my Sigelei 150w+ over my nebox or my pico. I vape anywhere between 30-75w depending on my build on any said device. I used to go over 100w but don't anymore. I prefer the former 2 devices for 1 reason only, battery life.When you vape at 30-40w with 1 battery, you'll find you're changing them quite often, and I don't like carrying around too many batteries. Why do they need to be more than 100w to have 2 batteries? Because they can.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Looking at all 100+ WW devices....
I subohm vape my Bellus(dual coil build) at 40W & my Huricane & kayfun V3mini at 20W.
WHY I NEED DAMN 100+ WW device when I can't even use my istick 60W TC or istick picos at full power.....
What build are you guys using for 100+W ?
What tank , coil build , battery mode , etc.
Want to try that.

Low resistance coils need higher power, regardless of the particular RDA/RTA you're using. Personally I don't go higher than ~80W, and more often stick to ~45W-65W, but I've been building around 0.3 ohm.

You might not need the full power output that these devices are capable of; but most that offer >100W of power have other benefits as well, including full TC settings with TCR, and in the case of triple 18650 mods, (like the RX200), significantly greater battery life. Also, when a device is capable of much higher power than what you're using, you're going to get a true 80W, (or whatever), without stressing anything.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I subohm vape my Bellus(dual coil build) at 40W & my Huricane & kayfun V3mini at 20W.
WHY I NEED DAMN 100+ WW device when I can't even use my istick 60W TC or istick picos at full power.....
Want to try that.

Do you drive around in your car with the throttle wide open all of the time?

If not, do you ask why you need more than 50hp in your car?

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Do you drive around in your car with the throttle wide open all of the time?

If not, do you ask why you need more than 50hp in your car?
To get my fat .... up a hill?

My dad owned a pre-war Tornax, I don't know what the displacement was, but on steep hills my mother would have to get off the bike and walk alongside my dad because the bike didn't have enough oomph to get them both up the hill.

That being said, what's with all these hate threads over high-powered mods? I mean, I'm somewhere between a toodle puffer and a mod whomper, and depending on mood, setup, and time of day you'll find me anywhere from 15 to 50 watts (give or take), but my neighbor's power level doesn't concern me, or affect my inner tranquility.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Want to try that.

Most vapers don't need 150-300 watts.

The reason to get a device that is capable of 200-300 watts is tge super long battery life.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
In your opinion. Taste and experience is subjective.

Taste is subjective.
Flavor and vapor production isnt.

Parallel coils are extremely efficient.

Lots of mass doesnt equal more flavor or vapor.
Claptons are cool looking, but if you are looking for performance parallels are the way to go.

Knowing your gear allows you to get the most out of it.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Anyone who needs over 30 watts has more problems than getting off cigs.
I've occasionally entertained the thought of vaping at high watts but never took the leap. One of these days I'm just going to set my mod up over 20 and see what happens. Believe me, I'll do it and damn the consequences. I rode my motorcycle once without a helmet. I'm no cissy boy. But I'm not crazy either, I certainly won't be going over 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread