I remember back in the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Electronicstix opened up in 2008, so when I started vaping the "latest & greatest" (an eGo-T) was only a 5 minute drive away. Took me about a month to figure out that those atties worked a lot better if you tossed the tanks & used them as a dripper. Two days later I discovered that a 510-T atty was an even better dripper, (wick plate removed) and that's where I stayed until joyetech decided to redesign their 510-T atty. :(
    About that same time RDAs were starting to make the seen & I discovered that I could make an A7 RDA taste just like dripping with the old 510-T atties, and that's what I still use today.
    IMO the A7 is still the flavor king of all atties (once you know how to set it up)

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Howdy Kat!

I seem to remember @cozzicon did a LOT of reviews and was well-respected in the community.

As far as doing a show with basilray, I found this post...
    Vapelink Ends....

Then he disappeared from the forum for around two years, but he did post again last October.

If you look at this link you'll find he is currently on the CASAA Board of Directors.
    CASAA Leadership
    :)

That was it! VapeLink! With Cozzi, Basil, and Sense! Loved those guys.

Thank you for the link to that thread. And who should I see on there? :lol:

Vapelink Ends....

Have you noticed that carto tanks are back?

What the.......

Hmmmmmm.

tj, if ever time should permit, I'd love to chat A7 with you. :)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Electronicstix opened up in 2008, so when I started vaping the "latest & greatest" (an eGo-T) was only a 5 minute drive away. Took me about a month to figure out that those atties worked a lot better if you tossed the tanks & used them as a dripper. Two days later I discovered that a 510-T atty was an even better dripper, (wick plate removed) and that's where I stayed until Joyetech decided to redesign their 510-T atty. :(
    About that same time RDAs were starting to make the seen & I discovered that I could make an A7 RDA taste just like dripping with the old 510-T atties, and that's what I still use today.
    IMO the A7 is still the flavor king of all atties (once you know how to set it up)
    I started with an eGo-T, then 510, then 306. I agree the 510-T tasted much better for dripping than the regular 510 atty. But, I took a lot longer to get up the courage to try rebuildable.

I did finally try the A7 a few months ago (because of your recommendations). You're right. They have incredible flavor.

I would love to hear what you mean by 'once you know how to set it up'. I know the center pin tends to wobble a bit and short out. Any advice about the A7 would be much appreciated. I already have 3. Once I feel more secure that I can handle the center pin issue and any other A7 issues, I'll probably buy several more. They're that good.
    Have you noticed that carto tanks are back?

Those look rebuildable!

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The center pin wobble is normal for the A7, but I've never had any problem with that. (and I use them on mechanicals) The pin would have to be extended out a long ways before it could touch the ground. (or a mod pin that pushes it to the side) I believe there would have to be something wrong with the center pin of the mod before you would have to worry about one shorting out.

The real trick to setting them up is making sure that the coil is properly placed over the air flow. If the coil is to low, the air flow will only get the center wraps of the coil, and you will get an uneven temperature across the coil.

Because you use thin wire for the coil, rewicking is not a good option, so I use silica string for wicks.
    A 6/7 wrap of 30ga around 3 strands of 0.8mm silica string gives me a 1.8 ohm coil. I use a paperclip to wrap my coils which insures that I don't wrap the coil to tight. (which would choke off the wicks)
    A 1.8-2 ohm coil in the 3.7-4.1v range is where the A7 will produce the best flavor. (it will make you use less flavoring in your formulas) Flavors like green apple I use 1 drop/2ml of 50/50 mix @ 12mg. Flavors like hazelnut I use 1 drop/1ml.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    The center pin wobble is normal for the A7, but I've never had any problem with that. (and I use them on mechanicals) The pin would have to be extended out a long ways before it could touch the ground. (or a mod pin that pushes it to the side) I believe there would have to be something wrong with the center pin of the mod before you would have to worry about one shorting out.

The real trick to setting them up is making sure that the coil is properly placed over the air flow. If the coil is to low, the air flow will only get the center wraps of the coil, and you will get an uneven temperature across the coil.

Because you use thin wire for the coil, rewicking is not a good option, so I use silica string for wicks.
    A 6/7 wrap of 30ga around 3 strands of 0.8mm silica string gives me a 1.8 ohm coil. I use a paperclip to wrap my coils which insures that I don't wrap the coil to tight. (which would choke off the wicks)
    A 1.8-2 ohm coil in the 3.7-4.1v range is where the A7 will produce the best flavor. (it will make you use less flavoring in your formulas) Flavors like green apple I use 1 drop/2ml of 50/50 mix @ 12mg. Flavors like hazelnut I use 1 drop/1ml.
    Thank you!

Reactions: tj99959

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio

Okay, I am intrigued now by the A7. I have dripped on 510 atties since I started vaping. I've been ordering RBAs of various kinds for the Vapocalypse, wondering how I will like them. This one sounds like it might be right up my alley.

I have yet to build a coil but I now have the makings- just waiting for a 521 Tab to get here as I'm not sure I trust the ohm meter I have. I might track down an A7 to order and give it a shot.

eta: and there's a mini as well?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Okay, I am intrigued now by the A7. I have dripped on 510 atties since I started vaping. I've been ordering RBAs of various kinds for the Vapocalypse, wondering how I will like them. This one sounds like it might be right up my alley.

I have yet to build a coil but I now have the makings- just waiting for a 521 Tab to get here as I'm not sure I trust the ohm meter I have. I might track down an A7 to order and give it a shot.

eta: and there's a mini as well?
    Mini A7

BackDoc

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    The 510-t is much better than the original 510. The best 510 I've found is the Hybrid, which I believe is really a 306 inside a 510 shell. The most famous hybrid is the 357. Vapage also sells their own version of it.

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    The 510-t is much better than the original 510. The best 510 I've found is the Hybrid, which I believe is really a 306 inside a 510 shell. The most famous hybrid is the 357. Vapage also sells their own version of it.
    You forget about Ikenvape's i06 atties, best of all worlds, cheaper, and better than the .357's, but alas, long gone.
    Cisco made a decent atty, but not as clean as the Ikenvape.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread