Status
Not open for further replies.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I remember when the DNA12 came out. It was the best thing that ever happened to vaping and you could not go on without one.

Problem was nobody I knew where to get one, or heard of it for that matter. And when you did find one it was a super secret group with a triple squirrel knock on a door with no address.

(sigh)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The 510-t is much better than the original 510. The best 510 I've found is the Hybrid, which I believe is really a 306 inside a 510 shell. The most famous hybrid is the 357. Vapage also sells their own version of it.

Actually, after you get the wick plate out of a 510-T, it is very much like a 306 inside a 510 shell.

add:
    I built a DNA12 mod when that chip set came out. It didn't have "step down", so for my use it was about the same as a mechanical. They worked well at the 11 watt range, but not so much at the 7-8 watt range.

Last edited:

seminolewind

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2009
    Corydon Indiana
    Wow. I remember; starting with 901's using aquarium filter (blue). All the trouble it took to get a puff that was near the strength of a cigarette. Sometimes having to vape with 2 alternating to get thru a stress. Cisco was "da man" . I was in awe of his creativity. Then Winter wolf (I can't remember her name) posted directions on how to build your own battery box. So I actually learned how to solder and built one! I was so proud.

Then the first 5v mods started coming out. They were great if they didn't short your atty. We're those atty's $5 a piece?

My family thought I was weird. Now most of them vape.
    Then came carts with those string wicks , top coils then bottom coils.
    What an incredible journey made possible by some of our veteran members. We helped each other out alot. I ended up sticking with bvc's and bdc clearomizers/tanks and Eleaf istick box. I don't understand sub 0.

The formation of CASAA was such a big deal. AND winning that first court case against the FDA confiscating that shipment and making up such lies about vain and starting a nationwide anti vape movement based on hearsay.

And it all began with a Chinese doctor who watched his father die of lung cancer, and created an e-cig.(Thank you China) And I have to thank a member here named Wildsky who I met on a pet chicken forum who happen to talk about her flight to Africa and glad her e-cigarette-forum.com will get her through. That was in 2009

It pi $$es me off when someone takes credit for something that came from here. Anyone remember Drew ' s first 5v+ tubular box? And how we all had to learn how to de-oxify brass? I loved that thing.

It's been 7 years with good suppliers without scam or poor service. I got my first idiot a few days ago who won't take an Ego threaded tank back due to his poorly worded ad. Big disappointment. On ebay. Won't be buying there anymore.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Just a few short years ago I was totally in the dark as to what the difference was between an ego and a 510 threaded topper. I studied and read until I finally found out. I wouldn't ask because it seemed like a really dumb question to ask. o_O :rolleyes:

I started my vaping journey with a tiny 3 piece cig-a-like. Kit came with a couple a 180mAh auto batteries, an atomizer, 3 cartridges and a charger. No wall wart so hubby cobbled something together for us. Sure am glad I found this place quickly and got educated :D

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apparently you never got around to reading this...
    Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer

If you had, you would have known better on the automatic batteries.
    :laugh:
    To be perfectly honest I really wish the autos would hold up like the manual ones. I have a couple a 1000mAh autos and love 'em specially when riding on a rough road. I always use them when we take the dirt roads to the river :D But no, I didn't even know about ECF when I bought my first kit. I coulda saved myself a bit of cash if I had. :D

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I bought the first kit from Volcano. It was a cigalike with auto battery and prefilled carts---man was that expensive. Had never heard of ecf but saw a link to it from the Volcano site. I was proud of myself for doing a little research and not going with the little mall type ones. I remember the first time I used it, I was nervous and didn't want anyone to see me or know what I was doing lol. I went out on my front porch, tried it and thought, "wow, this could actually work." So many fond memories and nice folks I met along the way. I am always sad to see anyone stop posting. To be honest though, I stopped coming around for a couple years and when I returned so many new things were talked about that I will never get up to speed with it all. I had no clue about rda's, still don't but ordered a couple recently.

If we had all of the registered members active, we would have more power to fight the bad guys.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego

undertheradar

ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2010
    AZ
    I remember de bridging atties, cutting tea bags and boiling cartos........and buying this piece of junk from amazon( shortly after meeting a friend Rob/Goodprophets, and getting the first Ego)
    Order placed
    December 1, 2009
    Total
    $39.94
    Ship to

VOLT E Cigarette / Electronic Cigarette and 7 Refill Cartridges - High nicotine level, Tobaco flavored
    I am looking for my all-time favorite juice: the RY4 that I got a few years back from Good Prophets.
    Now, goodprophets.com is a clothing vendor. Any idea what happened to the company - and the juice?

penstyle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    FL
    Still in business, two locations,heading there tomorrow, his online business took a hit when the bigger online vendors came on the scene.... Rob is a great guy,great friend

That is good news!
    Can you ask if they will do mail order? for @undertheradar looking for juice
    Maybe a phone number?

Reactions: Katdarling

Stosh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    Do you remember back in the day when customs was seizing shipments and destroying the contents? I wonder if we were as panicked and stocking up back then, and yes I did do some panic buying. Also learned how to make my own mods, and DIY my juice. This round seems to be more 50's bomb shelter, survive the apocalypse panicking.

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    My "back in the day" was not even two years ago, but things have changed quite a bit since then. I started on a Kanger Evod VV (ego-twist style) and a matching Evod2 tank with NEW DUAL COILS OMGZORZ! I remember I thought I was hot poop when I got upgraded to the Mini Protank 3 with a GLASS TANK WTFBBQ! Ordered it direct from China, took three weeks but what a steal! I still have my old gear. I have to fiddle with the charger to get it to make connection with the battery, but I still have it. And a bunch of spent coils for the tanks that I never got the hang of rebuilding. "One of these days," I keep telling myself. "One of these days..."

Reactions: Burnie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread