I remember back in the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Yeah, I remember the provari elitist hit squad would stalk and defend even the most minor criticism of the sacred tube ......and the answer to any gear question was " get a provari" , whether it was a battery issue, a topper, or if you had an infectious disease , It was quite humorous to watch it go down , almost predictably.......

The 'Provari is king' days were ridiculous. To the point where I refused to buy one because of the ridiculous hype.

I remember AA box mods and 901 atty's where dripping involved getting the drops directly on the bridge - or they ended up in the mod. Oh how times have changed.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I only started vaping around 3 years ago, solid vaper for 2, but I remember vapor pens and Ce2's, blu recharge (haha) and when 70/30 meant pg/vg not the other way around. When Nic juice was 18 or 24 or even 36 mg/ml, when nautilus ruled the earth and 3.7 to 4.2 v became 7 to 10 w and MTL was the norm. And Provari worship was too :) then came big hole atomizers for high vg and 200w was the goal. I succumbed to a subox Mini for a few weeks and went back to my old MTL ways, high pg, nautilus mini, Triton mini, kabuki clone, kfV2, 7 to 10 watts, 18 mg, watching clouds in the sky like God intended, not blowing them :D

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Drip-on-Demand
Oh my, thanks for that.

I have a Drip-on-Demand that was sent to me without asking for it.
I never even opened it, and it is still in the Priority Mail box it was sent in.

The postal stamp says August 1, 2011.

The guy that made them was part of our QSMB crew.
(long story there, with a few very long threads)

He knew I was a dripper, so he thought I might like it.
Maybe some day I will open it and have a beer.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
The 'Provari is king' days were ridiculous. To the point where I refused to buy one because of the ridiculous hype.

I remember AA box mods and 901 atty's where dripping involved getting the drops directly on the bridge - or they ended up in the mod. Oh how times have changed.
Me too Ben, the provari hype turned me off, I picked up 4 2.5s when I saw them for 20$ on another site, and a P3 stealth for I believe approximately 59$.....all went in the stash, someday I might pull them out, Quality Mods, just overpriced and overhyped at the time

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Me too Ben, the provari hype turned me off, I picked up 4 2.5s when I saw them for 20$ on another site, and a P3 stealth for I believe approximately 59$.....all went in the stash, someday I might pull them out, Quality Mods, just overpriced and overhyped at the time
Since the price is down I might pick one up myself one day :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
The Provi hype. Yes, it's been a bit big around these parts for a number of years. I actually don't care for hype on any mod (or atty), but I chose to try one, and liked it very much.

Now that that one turned into a "few", I'm still more than happy to own them. They are my "mech" mods.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I remember when I wouldn't buy one either --- but I did end up trading another popular overpriced box for one to give it a try --- assuming it was too rich for my blood and I'd be selling it off shortly.

Yup, I remember that time well. Though I didn't like tube mods, didn't really want a VV and it was a heavy unattractive skinny trashcan to me -- the darn thing vaped smooth, consistently and before too long became a stable part of my rotation. Years later I started actually preparing for deeming and as that original ProVi was the one device I kept returning to, and many others kept going into early retirement or non-virtual trash cans, I bought more. :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I remember when I wouldn't buy one either --- but I did end up trading another popular overpriced box for one to give it a try --- assuming it was too rich for my blood and I'd be selling it off shortly.

Yup, I remember that time well. Though I didn't like tube mods, didn't really want a VV and it was a heavy unattractive skinny trashcan to me -- the darn thing vaped smooth, consistently and before too long became a stable part of my rotation. Years later I started actually preparing for deeming and as that original ProVi was the one device I kept returning to, and many others kept going into early retirement or non-virtual trash cans, I bought more. :)
Well looks like the hype was warranted from all I've read. And now the prices of some models has value to match.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I remember looking at the Provari site back in 2012 and 2013 and thinking they were way overpriced. I then bought a couple of Vamos, followed by ISticks. When the prices on Provaris dropped earlier this year, I jumped on one. I now have several Provaris and feel much more confident about surviving the vapocalypse. My Vamos are around here somewhere, but haven't been touched in over a year.

Caver

Jun 24, 2011
Austin, TX
:offtopic:

Ya know, @Caver, seeing your username reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw a few years ago. "I'm a caver, I DO know my .... from a hole in the ground." It didn't say '....'..

:laugh:

Yeah...Most cavers have interesting bumper stickers. My favorite is "Guano happens"!

Super Flex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Tuscaloosa al
IMG_0768.JPG
I remember when I had the hot setup at work with an Ego Twist and a Stardust clearomizer with a replaceable coil! Still have several in a box under my vape lair desk.

I still have my egos and itaste vv's pro tanks and kanger t3s's. Also have some Vuse's by RJR tobacco co., and some VW ego from gas stations and smoke shops.

They all still work lmao

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Remember back in the day before good ecigs, back in college you'd have to fill a cup up with VG and use the helium neon laser to heat it up, then cover the cup with a funnel and inhale on the end? Remember it didn't give a good hit and sometimes you'd forget to grab a clean cup and the left over chemicals in the cup would make you sick? Remember when you'd puke down into the funnel and hot VG would spill out and you'd get scared and knock the cup over in your lap and then you'd have to try to explain to the guys in the ER why you inhaled mercury and had 2nd degree burns all over your lap? Remember when you had to wear sweats the next few days and rub aloe vera on your lap every hour to help stop the blistering and everyone in your physics class would call you a pervert and tell you to take your hands our of your pants? Remember when you almost most didn't graduate and you had to go in front of the review board at your college to convince them you weren't a pervert and really were applying aloe vera? All because the technology hadn't caught up yet. We live in good times by comparison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread