Status
Not open for further replies.

Muru

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I remember when this was coveted above all else:
hqdefault.jpg

It seems quite awhile ago, but, three years maybe? o_O just goes to show that this culture is still in it's infancy.

Oh my...that's purdy:wub: What is that combination?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
What e-juice tastes like a Camel? Can someone tell me that?!

IPA
I've never eaten a camel so I'm not sure...

And I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but I'm throwing it here anyway, just in case not.

"VTH" (aka "VFTH").

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: David Wolf

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
The 'Provari is king' days were ridiculous. To the point where I refused to buy one because of the ridiculous hype.

I remember AA box mods and 901 atty's where dripping involved getting the drops directly on the bridge - or they ended up in the mod. Oh how times have changed.

Lol I dissembled my Hotcig DX200 and that thing was built extremely well, the soldering is perfect, the screen alignment is perfect, the rubber finish is great, it has a Fullymax 900 Mah LiPo and it's cheaper than a Provari :D.

Reactions: DPLongo22

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
What e-juice tastes like a Camel? Can someone tell me that?!

IPA
Would you like one hump, or two? ;) Hi Mr. Mann!! Mr. Mann was my mentor when I was first learning. Well, he still helps me a lot.
He is the BOMDIGGITY!. :)

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Oh my...that's purdy:wub: What is that combination?

As said, a Caravela mod, with a DID atomizer by MMVapors. Dspin was on top of every new, high quality thing. And nobody could shine them or photograph them like him, except one guy, Phillip. They were both amazing. There are albums around of them. This one was a gift to me from Pedro, the maker of the Caravela. It is my most prized vape piece. The picture does not well show how tiny it is.
vela.jpg

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
You don't need any bling, shiny, or 'tank guards', LLB.

Just walk around with THAT gorgeous thang...... truly marvelous. Congrats on an enviable and treasured gift.

Lol.. thanks Katdarling. Why is it that when they are beautiful, they are SO high maintenance? ;)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Driver, I hope you discovered tanks. And while you're at it, turn around and get those skids you left on the dock. ;)

Actually, I discovered "squonking" as in Reos Mods. And no skids or docks for this old Flat Bed Driver!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I remember the syringe tank mod.
It was huuuuuuuge back in the day.
It was what finally totally got me off the analogs.
Silver bullet & carto mod & smok dual coils = vaping bliss

A piece of 30ml syringe tubing, with rubber plungers in each end, punched by a carto.
And you had to punch the carto as well. Looked really ghetto, but performed better
than anything commercially available at that point.

Here's the thread
Homemade syringe tank mod, looks easy!
Thank you! A very special thread!
As said, a Caravela mod, with a DID atomizer by MMVapors. Dspin was on top of every new, high quality thing. And nobody could shine them or photograph them like him, except one guy, Phillip. They were both amazing. There are albums around of them. This one was a gift to me from Pedro, the maker of the Caravela. It is my most prized vape piece. The picture does not well show how tiny it is.
View attachment 608905
Nothing to contribute. Just can't resist saying how beautiful!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I hear you. e-Cigarettes weren't invented when I went to College either.

Heck, when I was in College, many people were still writing programs on these...

FortranCardPROJ039.agr.jpg

That was HIGH SCHOOL for me, Sweets!

I SO wish I'd have found ECF when I first dabbled with the dreaded Volcano Magma kit. I might have actually quit in 2010 instead of 2014.....

Thank you folks for the "history" lessons. It's amazing how far we truly have come. I've PIF'd/sold/traded virtually all my "early" stuffs. But I have learned so much here to be self-sufficient now - thanks to all of you....

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
The way you used to find out about it was word of mouth... the internet... and flea markets! Damn, the booths sprang up at flea markets like daisies! LOL My first ecig used refillable cartridges, no wick. The atty punctured the plastic cartridge and that was how it fed. My next device was one of the first variable voltage devices, which I used with disposable ce2s which you refilled with a syringe until I got my first tank with disposable heads. OMG I can't even remember the name of it now, but it was this big cylinder plastic tank with a top loading atty with long wick material that hung down in the tank. Someone here has got to remember it. There were a bunch of clones that flooded the market shortly after its booming success, which led to the sticker systems we see everyone using now to show authenticity. After that it was my first Kanger Tank Pro, haha. The first version was so horrible, ugh. Anyhow, there was quite a long time period during which vaping was being rapidly evolved but no one really knew anything about it. People constantly asked me if I was using a hookah. Some folks would freak out over how dangerous it was. It was nowhere near glamorous or cool but made you stick out like a sore thumb. But you kept doing it because it was so much better than smoking and it was crazy cool enough to keep you from caring what anyone else thought. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The way you used to find out about it was word of mouth... the internet... and flea markets! Damn, the booths sprang up at flea markets like daisies! LOL My first ecig used refillable cartridges, no wick. The atty punctured the plastic cartridge and that was how it fed. My next device was one of the first variable voltage devices, which I used with disposable ce2s which you refilled with a syringe until I got my first tank with disposable heads. OMG I can't even remember the name of it now, but it was this big cylinder plastic tank with a top loading atty with long wick material that hung down in the tank. Someone here has got to remember it. There were a bunch of clones that flooded the market shortly after its booming success, which led to the sticker systems we see everyone using now to show authenticity. After that it was my first Kanger Tank Pro, haha. The first version was so horrible, ugh. Anyhow, there was quite a long time period during which vaping was being rapidly evolved but no one really knew anything about it. People constantly asked me if I was using a hookah. Some folks would freak out over how dangerous it was. It was nowhere near glamorous or cool but made you stick out like a sore thumb. But you kept doing it because it was so much better than smoking and it was crazy cool enough to keep you from caring what anyone else thought. :)

I have a feeling we are headed back to those days.

When I first started vaping, vape shops didn't exist and we only could dream of a day when they would be everywhere.

I learned about vaping right here, on ECF, which basically is by word of mouth.

We are going back in time and vape shops will close. Those of us that lived the golden age will still help those that 'find' us, as we found ECF, and try to help them.

Always remember that it was vapers that saw better ways to make things and improve upon the things that were available. We will do so again, it's just that it will be more secretive.

We've come a long way. They can try to stuff the genie back into the bottle, but there are more genies than they realize.

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
I have a feeling we are headed back to those days.

When I first started vaping, vape shops didn't exist and we only could dream of a day when they would be everywhere.

I learned about vaping right here, on ECF, which basically is by word of mouth.

We are going back in time and vape shops will close. Those of us that lived the golden age will still help those that 'find' us, as we found ECF, and try to help them.

Always remember that it was vapers that saw better ways to make things and improve upon the things that were available. We will do so again, it's just that it will be more secretive.

We've come a long way. They can try to stuff the genie back into the bottle, but there are more genies than they realize.
Yay! I've always wanted to be a cool underground black market pirate, har har! :D ;)

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Yay! I've always wanted to be a cool underground black market pirate, har har! :D ;)

Just a darn shame. Not so much for those who vape now but the cigarette smokers that will never be exposed to vaping. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread