I remember back in the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I hear you. e-Cigarettes weren't invented when I went to College either.

Heck, when I was in College, many people were still writing programs on these...

FortranCardPROJ039.agr.jpg
My first college programming course used those keypunch cards lol

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I have a feeling we are headed back to those days.

When I first started vaping, vape shops didn't exist and we only could dream of a day when they would be everywhere.

I learned about vaping right here, on ECF, which basically is by word of mouth.

We are going back in time and vape shops will close. Those of us that lived the golden age will still help those that 'find' us, as we found ECF, and try to help them.

Always remember that it was vapers that saw better ways to make things and improve upon the things that were available. We will do so again, it's just that it will be more secretive.

We've come a long way. They can try to stuff the genie back into the bottle, but there are more genies than they realize.

And that is why I continue to fight. For all those that come after.

Yes, Yes, and YES!!!!!

:thumbs:

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
I have a feeling we are headed back to those days.

When I first started vaping, vape shops didn't exist and we only could dream of a day when they would be everywhere.

I learned about vaping right here, on ECF, which basically is by word of mouth.

We are going back in time and vape shops will close. Those of us that lived the golden age will still help those that 'find' us, as we found ECF, and try to help them.

Always remember that it was vapers that saw better ways to make things and improve upon the things that were available. We will do so again, it's just that it will be more secretive.

We've come a long way. They can try to stuff the genie back into the bottle, but there are more genies than they realize.

Well said, Robin! And ultimately, there is only one truth to the safety of vaping. Let's find it, settle it, and move in the right direction from there.

The "Golden Age" of vaping may well be ahead of us. Truths don't die.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I remember buying my first top wicking atomizer (I don't ever remember what they were called) and thinking it was a great step up from CE4's.
I remember the joy of buying a Vamo v2.
I remember the disappointment a month later when my Vamo v2 crapped out because of poor build quality.
I remember buying my first unicorn hybrid and discovering I had to hold it upright in the car or it would spill all over.
I remember a lot of other things that were a pain in the .... as vaping evolved rapidly for 3 years.
I remember buying a Super T ELA and thinking "If I got attacked while walking with this, I could defend myself with this and do some real damage by knocking someone out!" (seriously, the thing was a beast! Awesome USA made mod)

I remember today and thinking I no longer have to deal with any of that and have been happy with the same equipment for about 2 and 1/2 years and am thankful I haven't' had a cigarette in almost 4 years.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I remember how much money I spent smoking and how much I've saved since I quit.
    I let PHP do the calcs for that. I have enough fingers to do some simple math, but any more than 2 digits, and I'll find a calculator..

Reactions: JC Okie

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I remember when I joined here, the main deal was rebuilding gennys and I was definitely big on this. Most were using 32 and 30g wires in the 1.5 to 2.0 ohm range. I remember using 28g thinking how fat this wire was and dabbing in low resistances. I remember going sub ohm but barely (.8 to .9) and being grilled, more or less, for posting my builds and praising the results

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I remember dripping using a 650 ego and a "disposable" 510 atty and a cute drip tip. oh wait, that's what I'm holding in my hand now lol. for me, if it ain't broke don't fix it :)
    loveit.png

Stosh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    I remember dripping using a 650 ego and a "disposable" 510 atty and a cute drip tip. oh wait, that's what I'm holding in my hand now lol. for me, if it ain't broke don't fix it :)

Alas, all my eGo 650 are broke, something about never try adjusting the coil on a RTA while connected or all the "magic smoke" escapes from the eGo.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Bwahahaha :lol:

Not quite as old as some but I love reading this thread ;)
    I have read through the whole thread several times, brings back a lot of memories, not all good mind you. :lol: It was really Hard sometimes Back In The Day. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    I have read through the whole thread several times, brings back a lot of memories, not all good mind you. :lol: It was really Hard sometimes Back In The Day. :)
    I do believe that I have thanked all of those that made my starting to vape So Very Much Easier. You guys went through a lot of trial and error. We have all of you to thank for keeping at it and figuring out a better way to vape.

I bow to you! :wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread