Status
Not open for further replies.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
I'm glad things are going well for him. I have such great memories of him. It really was a pleasure knowing him.

Now I'm really missing the old days!!
The PA floor tax ( 40% of current inventory) put a heavy burden on him, somehow he survived it as allot of shops closed down here

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I posted this in another thread but thought is was fitting here also. It's basically what got me started vaping in 2008:

Dating back to the mid 1990s the US government started forcing lower nicotine levels under the cover of improving your health but mostly increasing tax profit. They turned a pack a day, into a 2 packs a day smoker by mid 2000 and with added taxes. In reality yes you are consuming less nicotine per pack but twice if not more tar and carbon monoxide while making up for the nicotine reduction. With vaping starting up around early 2008 we were fighting back against government regulation of watering down our nicotine and getting into our pockets. If it hadn't been for us rebels vaping may have never happened.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
I'm glad things are going well for him. I have such great memories of him. It really was a pleasure knowing him.

Now I'm really missing the old days!!
Rob says hi Zelda, he remembers you well , he tried to post here but could not due to his prolonged absence" insufficient privileges"

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Always liked hanging out on ECF.
My problem is this thread is the only one left where I recognize the hardware being discussed!! :blush:

You are NOT alone! :shock:

I often stroll thru the Classies just to learn the new names of gear I have no klue about. :blink:

That is one that still makes me Smile when I think about it.

97IYcw7.jpg

Love it, "Cuz"!
b boop 5v.jpg

I remember when the DSE901 first came out. That's what I started with 9 years ago. The biggest "big thing" after that was a button was added so you could control the vape time.

:lol:

It wasn't that long ago that the average device pumped out an astonishing 8-9 Watts.

Mine still pump out an "astonishing" 9 watts. :blush:

I loved the vape from a 901 (great taste) It was just that I needed to carry a bath towel to absorb the leakage.

Oh and I still vape at ~8 watts. Even using a 14500 battery today. (Mako Midi)

No Empire drip shield, tj?

empire and cone small.jpg

They're pretty cute.

We thank you, dahlink. ;)

:D

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The PA floor tax ( 40% of current inventory) put a heavy burden on him, somehow he survived it as allot of shops closed down here

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!! 40% tax on inventory? How does any store stay open at that rate. That is a blatant attempt to shut down an industry. How often is that tax due? Imagine if car dealerships or department stores were taxed like that. Even Wal-Mart would struggle at those rates.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!! 40% tax on inventory? How does any store stay open at that rate. That is a blatant attempt to shut down an industry. How often is that tax due? Imagine if car dealerships or department stores were taxed like that. Even Wal-Mart would struggle at those rates.
Its insane Scott......the Swamp in Washington has nothing on the Sewer in Harrisburg

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I remember back in the day when @beckdg was hanging out with us here on the ECF while piloting his big rig down the road. Haven't heard from him in a while and kinda miss his unique sense of humor. :( I hope all is well with him.

Ah Ha, looks like I just haven't been lookin' in all the right places. I see he has been hangin' out in the tootle puffers thread :D

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Remember back in the day before they figured out wicks and coils how we would put some e-liquid into a teapot, set it on the wood burning stove and then sucked the vapor from it? Yeah, we ended up with burnt lips that made us look like we had a horrible STD that made us the pariah of the neighborhood but at least we weren't smoking so we walked tall.

Reactions: beckdg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread