I should probably clean out my desk drawer at work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Flat puzzles are fantastic. so much so that I literally have hundreds of them 1000pc each and up but my true passion is 3-D foam backed puzzles. I think Venice is my favorite (just over 1500 pieces) I built and then sold New York City (just over 3000 pieces) and San Francisco (1500 pieces).

My vape station for storage is an antique wash stand with drawer. I do all my mixing on the island right beside my computer. Gotta stay close 'cause that is where my recipes are :D

Reactions: Robino1

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA

My sister did one like that once; it was a room from an art museum (perhaps the Louvre, or the MFA here?). Anyway, a room with about 100 different paintings on the wall, each reproduced in detail. When she finally finished it, it just fit a sheet of plywood (4'x8'). Once done, she glued it to the plywood and hung it on her wall, so she would NEVER be tempted to try to do it again.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
My Grandmother did a lot of Jigsaw Puzzles in her life.

She used to complain that Most were Not hard enough. So she would start on the Bottom Edge and work them Row by Row from Bottom Up.

Yeah, my sister was kind of the same way, but she'd take all the edge and corner pieces and put them away in a baggie, and only put them on last.

She did, however, throw in the flag on 2 kinds of puzzles:
a) the ones that were, for example "all red".
b) The ones which had the same picture printed on both sides, but rotated 90 degrees.

I guess that's the difference between being crazy and being clinically insane......

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

She did, however, throw in the flag on 2 kinds of puzzles:
a) the ones that were, for example "all red".
b) The ones which had the same picture printed on both sides, but rotated 90 degrees.

I guess that's the difference between being crazy and being clinically insane......

Yeah... My Grandmother would Sometimes do a Jigsaw Puzzle Upside Down. Where all you could see was the Green back of the Puzzle Pieces.

Back in Her day, No Body was Crazy enough to sell a Jigsaw puzzle that was all Red.

LOL

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Jigsaw puzzles...
10603432_1468021303464843_6688627933868373848_n.jpg

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Yeah... My Grandmother would Sometimes do a Jigsaw Puzzle Upside Down. Where all you could see was the Green back of the Puzzle Pieces.

Back in Her day, No Body was Crazy enough to sell a Jigsaw puzzle that was all Red.

LOL

When my husband and I do puzzles, we set it up so that we can walk all around it; we tend to make slow circles around the table, coming at it from all sides.

Those ones with large expanses all the same color -- sky, or ocean -- AAARGHHH!!!

Andria

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
My sister did one like that once; it was a room from an art museum (perhaps the Louvre, or the MFA here?). Anyway, a room with about 100 different paintings on the wall, each reproduced in detail. When she finally finished it, it just fit a sheet of plywood (4'x8'). Once done, she glued it to the plywood and hung it on her wall, so she would NEVER be tempted to try to do it again.

Bwahahahaha!

My Grandmother did a lot of Jigsaw Puzzles in her life.

She used to complain that Most were Not hard enough. So she would start on the Bottom Edge and work them Row by Row from Bottom Up.

O. M. G. And double that for your next post. :shock:

Reactions: zoiDman

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
When I was growing up, one thing we did every year at Christmas time was do a jigsaw puzzle or two as a family. (Probably in part because some of us got jigsaw puzzles as presents).

The problem was that everyone wanted to be the person who put the last piece in. So, we'd get down to about 10 empty spots, but there would be no more pieces left. The game of "chicken" that went on for the next couple of hours was the fun part; every once in a while someone would "find" another piece, and put it in. But we were pretty hard cases; I think the last 10 pieces usually took longer than the rest of the puzzle!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
When I was growing up, one thing we did every year at Christmas time was do a jigsaw puzzle or two as a family. (Probably in part because some of us got jigsaw puzzles as presents).

The problem was that everyone wanted to be the person who put the last piece in. So, we'd get down to about 10 empty spots, but there would be no more pieces left. The game of "chicken" that went on for the next couple of hours was the fun part; every once in a while someone would "find" another piece, and put it in. But we were pretty hard cases; I think the last 10 pieces usually took longer than the rest of the puzzle!

LOL

Good to Hear that I was Not Alone in hiding a puzzle piece so I could be the One to Put the Last Piece in.

Reactions: twgbonehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread