• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I signed up and a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Sounds like a plan, we'll give it a go. My question is, am I supposed to support "any disease" or is this specifically for cancer as the top post says? I don't want to do all this number crunching and not have the team get the points :)

I've got mine set for 'any disease' -- because many times, research in one area can lead to advances in other areas, and much of this research is applicable to a lot of different stuff. As long as you enter the right team number, it'll go to Team ECF.

Andria

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I've got mine set for 'any disease' -- because many times, research in one area can lead to advances in other areas, and much of this research is applicable to a lot of different stuff. As long as you enter the right team number, it'll go to Team ECF.

Andria
If it's good enough for you, Andria, it's good enough for me:)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
BTW, sometime during the xmas-new years week, I went over a half million points. WOOHOO! :D :banana:

cert.AndriaD.518700 (1).jpg

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yeah I just started doing this in March, when I got this new laptop -- I think 16GB of RAM can handle pretty much anything I throw at it. :D I had an ancient WinXP box before, and that thing wasn't even fast enough for ME, nevermind anything in the background. :lol:

Andria

Reactions: suprtrkr

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA
1)Welcome to Team ECF suprtrkr! I noticed that your first two completed Work Units showed up on the EOC Stats Page associated with our team. Keep up the good work! Once you have completed 10 eligible projects the points per unit should increase based upon the Quick Return Bonus available and the relative speed of your system.

2) Congratulations on your milestone AndriaD.

3)Folding is not a particularly memory intensive process, read about it here FAQ: Points — Folding@home or see for yourself by launching Task Manager on your computer while running the client, then check for memory allocation associated with FAH.

Reactions: suprtrkr

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
1)Welcome to Team ECF suprtrkr! I noticed that your first two completed Work Units showed up on the EOC Stats Page associated with our team. Keep up the good work! Once you have completed 10 eligible projects the points per unit should increase based upon the Quick Return Bonus available and the relative speed of your system.

2) Congratulations on your milestone AndriaD.

3)Folding is not a particularly memory intensive process, read about it here FAQ: Points — Folding@home or see for yourself by launching Task Manager on your computer while running the client, then check for memory allocation associated with FAH.

Thx!

It's true it doesn't take much memory... but my old machine could barely handle what *I* do, without bogging down completely -- 4gb on a single-processor P4, eh, it was great *in its day!* I had to start using Chrome rather than FF because FF became so memory and processor intensive. But now with my dual-core/virtual quad-core and 16GB... I never even realize there's something going on in the background, unless I actually look at the browser window for it -- both FF and Chrome running, one on each screen, and about 15-20 tabs open on both... this laptop just breezes thru. :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread