I started vaping, because...

Why did you start vaping?

• I'm addicted to nicotine (cigarettes).

• I'm addicted to nicotine (chewing tobacco).

• I'm addicted to nicotine (other).

• Can't quit smoking because of "hand-to-mouth"

• Self-medicating (nervous or other disorder)

• Because I can do it where I can't smoke.

• Because of the flavors, and/or because it is "cool".

• Other - please explain.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1chris

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
kentucky
I started vaping because I always Enjoyed Smoking and had no intentions to quit but was hating the side effects notorious to smoking,Coughing,Sinus problems,taste etc.i do not consider my self a Nic junkie as i can go extended periods without and not really bother me it was the hand to mouth motion holding something in my hand that i found Comfort in and Relaxing.So i found Ecigs and they Provide me with the same Comfort and i can choose what level nic i want and i do not get Any side effects except occasional Dry /Sore throat easily cured by drinking more water.

Chasm

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Michigan
Health & money.

after 44 years @ 2 ppd:
- My lungs don't sound like a box if Rice Krispies.
- I can taste & smell stuff that I didn't know tasted or smelled (not all good, but mostly).
- My circulation has improved.
- I can walk (even run, occasionally) a lot further & faster than I could 20 months ago.

- In 20 months of vaping I have spent almost $3000. Sounds like a lot, but I have saved nearly $6000 compared to what I would have spent on tobacco cigarettes.

trailblazer6

A.K.A. Igor the Vapaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Lakewood , NJ
www.bikerornot.com
I liked smoking. Just not what cigarettes were doing to me after so much time smoking. Try ed to quit and failed so many times. Try ed cutting back and failed there too. I saw the possibility's from my first toke off a "Try It Free " ( I Know ) But from there I found ECF and so much better vendors with great products and customer service. Vaping has been a WIN WIN for me. Haven't smoked a cigarette in over a year now.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
I wanted to be able to smoke in the house because I was banished to the outside :)

Hubby quit smoking before we met and didn't want me to smoke in the house after we met. If there were not kids involved I would have told him to go scratch :) I went from the patio in the summer to the garage in the winter. I found a mall kiosk and figured I could smoke in the house and eventually ended up hating the taste of cigs.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
I started vaping because it was my last resort to quitting. Taking any pill scared the sh:censored:t out of me, and especially since I recently read an article about the "secret test results" of Chantix and the amount of deaths caused by it, nevermind the amount of illnesses and trauma. I also refused to chew any gum or lozenge, and my father forbade it for my reason, because I was worried about mouth and dental problems, and being addicted to that. My uncle died on Valentine's Day when I was five because of the patch, and he didn't even smoke with it. I even tried the patch on the lowest dose and within 5 hours I was throwing up horrifically and for 2 hours straight (sorry for the TMI). Quitting cold turkey was basically the worst thing I had ever done. My father, who NEEEEVER once approved of my smoking, told me to at least try something that wasn't cold turkey. Also, my neurologist did not recommend it because of my seizures. I was left with almost nothing to use for a quitting crutch.

My best friend tried the free trial of the smoke 51 PVs, which was a disaster. She just sent it back because it was leaking and tasted horrible. A friend of mine had a 510. Even though it was an evil mall kiosk, I went there and bought a kit. I didn't care about the price (of course I should have checked online, but I was desperate) so I just bought one on the spot. I could not describe in words how much this has changed my life! Even my best friend has a whole 510 set up, too! I remember walking up to her and sticking it in her mouth and told her to inhale. She didn't say anything until one day she called me and said, "You're so dead, my cigarettes don't taste like Strawberry" :lol: :laugh: :vapor:. The rest is history.

Not only have my panic attacks have nearly disappeared, but my freak-outs (something breaks, goes wrong and I flip out in anger :( makes me embarrassed to talk about, but I am an honest person and I deal with who I am) vanished completely. I am happy, a LOT less stressful, and do not stink like an ash tray anymore. Also, ECF has been a MAJOR part of my success, and has become a second e-home to me.

Without my 510s, I'd still be stressed and a ticking time-bomb. Thank vapor for PVs!
+Raynen

bunniee

May 18, 2011
Austin, TX
I switched to vaping initially because I wanted to be able to get my nicotine fix at home, without having to go outside. I wasn't planning to quit smoking entirely but it just worked out that way. I was only a social smoker until a few years ago, and then it became a means to relieve some of the anxiety from work-related stress. I've noticed with vaping that I am a bit more relaxed, so maybe chemicals in analogs were actually making things worse.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
For me, it was because I got tired of all the places I couldn't smoke, and the seemingly constantly rising cost of analogs. When cigs got expensive, I switched to RYO. I liked the way I could customize my RYO to get the kinda cig I wanted. When the cost of that tripled, I switched to e-cigs. I had used my e-cig off and on during that time, but kept going back to the cigs. Basically, when it came down to having enough money for food/gas or cigs/RYO, I vaped. I can afford cigs now, but it seems that for every tax hike on the cigs they take another place away from us to smoke. Eventually smokers will be paying $1 per cigarette that they can only smoke in a Government made $5,000/year rented fireproof-air-filtered smoking box that can only be installed outside, and thus can only be used outside city limits cause all the homeowners ...'s (assoc's? :D ), apartments and workplaces will ban them for their ugly looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread