I started vaping, because...

Why did you start vaping?

• I'm addicted to nicotine (cigarettes).

• I'm addicted to nicotine (chewing tobacco).

• I'm addicted to nicotine (other).

• Can't quit smoking because of "hand-to-mouth"

• Self-medicating (nervous or other disorder)

• Because I can do it where I can't smoke.

• Because of the flavors, and/or because it is "cool".

• Other - please explain.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
I went back to college, first day I had to stop twice to catch my breath just crossing campus! It was killing me to do all the walking, I just wasn't able to breath. A fellow student came out to the break area with this new gadget and told us it was an electronic cigarette. Well bring a new gadget to a bunch of old geeks and you'll have a captive audience. Within the week all of us had one, and by the end of the first semester we were all able to cross the campus several times without having to stop and "catch our breath".

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I actually thought vaping was a probably scam ...but figured what the heck, I'd try it. Thought that best case was that maybe it would help me cut down on smoking and save a bit of money, but didn't really expect it to work Yet, it worked beyond my wildest expectations. I haven't smoked for more than 18th months. :)

Carlyawesome

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Indiana
Sort of a combo for me, I was addicted to cigarettes and had a hard time quitting because of the hand to mouth motion. I really really wanted to get off of analogs, but the few times I had tried to quit before I bordered on becoming an axe murderer from the withdrawls (seriously, non-smoking friends of mine carried cigarettes just in case I got too bad) Vaping was a great way to solve all of those problems, plus you get the tasty bonus of alll the fun flavor options!

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
I had quit smoking for 3 years. I always liked smoking, but I quit mainly because my wife wanted me to and I would wait till my son went to bed to hide my smoking and he would spy on me out his window lol

Then my wife left me after 10 years.
I tried to get her back then found out she was seeing someone else. I said f$#k it and went to the liquor store bought a bottle of vodka and 2 packs of camels. Interesting night lol

I told myself I would only smoke when I had coffee cuz I love the combo. Next thing I know im chain smoking with a pot of coffee lol

When I started smoking in the car, and at work I said this has to stop- u quit for 3 years and your addicted like a dummy again. I don't remember how I heard about ecigs but I remember goggling it. I was like $150 bucks for a starter kit I don't think so!

I came across volcano ecig, they looked sharp I think the kit was 50 bucks for their slim ecig. Looked like they had some good flavors so I bought it and people raved about their customer service.

When I got it I was so excited! I vaped for like30 mins straight and thought it was the greatest thing ever.smashed my analogs and tossed them. I tired quickly of using up both batteries in no time (and having to wait to vape) so I ordered more. I had ordered light carts and found it just wasnt cutting it.

Somewhere around there I found ecf. Next thing I know im vaping an inferno with a passthrough and a drawer full of juice lol.....the rest is history

Unspokenzero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Germany
I started getting really discusted with myself about being a smoker and I wanted a change. My wife had quit a few months back and she is now pregnant. She always told me how bad I smelled because of cigarettes. I started looking around for ways to quit. I started researching the only ecig I knew about at the time which was the Blu's. I now realize my mistake. So I was downtown one day with my wife and they had a pretty cheap ecig so I decided to try it. Not being able to read german that well I picked up a no nic pack of carts. I thought the Idea was really cool however the carts curbbed my smoking habbits tremendously. I found about ECF through a youtube video, found out about dripping and decided to give it a try with my current set up. I LOVED IT, but I wanted something better. I found out the same place I bought my first PV they sold ego-T's just maketed under another name from a German based supplier. I picked it up and have not gone back to stinkies since.

Katatonik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
I started vaping because I couldn't use tobacco any more without risking oral cancer. I had a pre-pre-preliminary stage of oral cancer. I smoked cigarettes and pipe tobacco for 4 years.

During the last 1.5 years I occasionally did dip. It was the dip that did it. I had something that you don't usually see except in 40 year olds who use a can of dip a day. I did like a can every 2 weeks though.

I couldn't use tobacco, but I need nicotine for nervous/stress disorder. I *can* go without nicotine (prefer not to though), but when I'm under extreme anxiety or stress I *need* nicotine.

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
My Dad and my husband's mother both have COPD and are on 24/7 oxygen. My mother just hates cigarettes - period.
Since I do not work outside of the home any longer due to physical issues, I am generally the one who runs them to/from doctor and hospital appointments as none of them can drive any longer. I wanted something to use when I was around them that was not a cigarette, but which would provide me with the simulation of smoking, (hand to mouth thing is always what stopped me from being able to quit). So... I got an Njoy at the gas station and the rest, as they say, is history.

~Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread