I think i'm burning out Cartomizers too fast! Provari user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elited

Apr 20, 2013
California
The Chinese quality and controll leaves a lot to be desired. Example. I use 1.8 ohm heads. They all read between 2.2-2.4 ohms. One of the reasons I started making my own.

I love this vivi nova tank... my friends were shocked to see me switch from cartomizers and now they want one too. Especially since we all agreed the taste is better on the atty vs cartomizer with the same flavor

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
Los Angeles
I love this vivi nova tank... my friends were shocked to see me switch from cartomizers and now they want one too. Especially since we all agreed the taste is better on the atty vs cartomizer with the same flavor

Glad you found something that works for ya. Maybe a few of your friends should try a DCT tank too; carto in a tank. I believe that generally those have "better" taste.

I think it's good for a group to mix it up a bit to explore all the possibilities, find their niche and share their experience with their peers. Speeds the learning curve and expands on everyones' knowledge in general.

Every device has its pros and cons, ya know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone help me. I am smoking a Halo G6. Before that a Blu (ugh returned it) my G6 is great. But I seem to be getting the burnt taste fast. I don't understand it. I've researched this for weeks. I've tried filling as carefully as I can. Read all the tips and tricks. And yet I have like two blanks left. With a ton of cartomizers that just taste burnt. So I took one apart. To see if the filling was burnt. And no. It's not. But the coil seems to be horizontal. And when I pulled everything out wick and all. I could see the wick was burnt about halfway up. What am I doing wrong. Cause I have tried everything. Is it over usage?? I vape alot. But I make sure to top them off. But not too much. I purchased a couple mini tanks. Which are great and very helpful for this. But when I'm out and about. I'd rather use a cart. I'm spending a ton of money here. And no sense in returning since the kit was reasonable. All my money has gone to ejuice carts mini tanks and a few drip tips which I can't use for dripping. I use it in place of the rubber cap bcs I lose them. Or they get stuck and I'm in a place where I need to fill a bit and have to use a toothpick or something. I was going to move on to the triton and use my g6 for when I'm just out. But I still want to get it right with the cartos. Is there anyway that anyone knows of (which I read pretty much is impossible) to reverse that burnt taste. The g6 carts people I know can refill up to like 10 times. But me... No! What am I doing wrong. I really don't get it. Helpppppp

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Okay - So i'm using a provari mini because when i first started vaping the people at the shop said "THIS IS THE BEST" and shoved this device in my hands, fed me a bunch of, what i learned now, bull ..... information about wattages and ohms and voltages. Sold me a pack of "high resistance" cartomizers and sent me on my way...

So here i am constantly researching how cartomizers work and one day i come across a product website that states that LOW RESISTANCE CARTOMIZERS allow me to vape at higher voltages. Which is the complete opposite of what the shop said. they said HIGH resistance cartomizers allow me to vape high and it will withstand the voltages better. To me it seems like LOW RESISTANCE would make more sense to not burn out as quick. Either way i'm still confused about the Ohms offered by the vendors. There are 1.5ohms, 2.0 ohms, and then i heard about the 3.0 Ohms.

Now.. i also mentioned that i have a ProVari Mini - Which means that i have this interesting little feature that allows me to check my Atomizer. What exactly is that number telling me? I cant change it and as far as i could gather from the website it's just telling me what kind of cartomizer i'm using? So mine ALWAYS reads 2.9. And the shop tells me i'm using HIGH resistance cartomizers which leads me to believe that i have to vape low.

I'm using a flavor by "Vaping Monkeys" called Kong berry burrrst. Its a strawberry/menthol mix with 18mg of nicotine.

If i vape any higher than 4.5 i get a burnt taste. If i vape at around 4.0 i get a sweeter taste but the throat hit just feels weaker...

I'm just kind of frustrated with the fact that i keep going through cartomizers and feeling like they are tasting burnt and i cant find a balance between good flavor and good throat hit without destroying a cartomizer - Rescue me please :)

Thanks in advance and sorry for the huge background story on it all... just though i should give as much info as possible.
I received my new Provari 5 days ago and I love it. I like you started by sticking a cart on and puffing away. Needless to say I ran into the same problem your having. After burning up 2 carts in about a day and a half with unsatisfactory vaping results. I was beginning to think I had made a mistake and wasted a bunch of money. Lucky for me I had ordered a plain drip type atomizer for a backup to have in my arsenal. So, I decided to give it a try, what did I have to loose. Wow, This is the kind of vape I was hoping for when I bought this thing. I don't see how I could get a better flavor or better vapor production from anything no matter how much I spend. I've been using this atomizer about 5 days now with consistent results and the ohm reading is still the same.

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Elited, the key here is not to get all frustrated and mad when things don't go as expected at first. It's just part of the learning curve. To be honest tho' I hate it when someone sells a Provari to someone that is just learning how to vape. (about the same as using a F138 Ferrari for drivers ed)

But now that you have a F138 Ferrari (That's their Formula One race car), let's learn how to drive it.
    Most drivers know that you can't get the car up to speed until they know how it handles, so let's start out slow.
    Set your Provari somewhere between 3.7 and 4.2 volts (this is the normal voltage of the battery). Since your Provari says your cartomizer is 2.9 ohms, I assume that they sold you Boge SR (standard resistance) cartos. That carto holds one ML of juice (20 drops). So that's how much you have to get in there before the carto is ready to use. You can slowly drip it in, use the condom method, use a hypodermic needle, the carto really doesn't care how you get the juice in, just as long as you do. (and it can take a while for a new carto to soak it all up)

After you at least have it working, then you can start fooling around to see what all it can do, and at what setting it tastes best for you.

BTW, that's a Provari in the foreground of my avatar

Last edited:

elited

Apr 20, 2013
    California
    Elited, the key here is not to get all frustrated and mad when things don't go as expected at first. It's just part of the learning curve. To be honest tho' I hate it when someone sells a Provari to someone that is just learning how to vape. (about the same as using a F138 Ferrari for drivers ed)

But now that you have a F138 Ferrari (That's their Formula One race car), let's learn how to drive it.
    Most drivers know that you can't get the car up to speed until they know how it handles, so let's start out slow.
    Set your Provari somewhere between 3.7 and 4.2 volts (this is the normal voltage of the battery). Since your Provari says your cartomizer is 2.9 ohms, I assume that they sold you Boge SR (standard resistance) cartos. That carto holds one ML of juice (20 drops). So that's how much you have to get in there before the carto is ready to use. You can slowly drip it in, use the condom method, use a hypodermic needle, the carto really doesn't care how you get the juice in, just as long as you do. (and it can take a while for a new carto to soak it all up)

After you at least have it working, then you can start fooling around to see what all it can do, and at what setting it tastes best for you.

BTW, that's a Provari in the foreground of my avatar

I agree,I can't the same way when I bought it too... but I did have an ego for a while before I upgraded. I've been using the vivi nova tank knockoff and its been working great! Im a, little bummed with cartos and tanks but I still have my glass tank set up for when I want variety in my vape. Air flow is way better on the clearomizer though. Next purchase might be a bcc tank :)

th3tick

Verified Member
    Sep 28, 2012
    Denver, CO
    I seem to have the same problem, but no idea as to the solution.

I'm using cartos with J-tanks. After about a day, there's a slight burnt flavor, the draw is terrible, and I've no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've tried the Vivi Nova tanks, and the same thing happens - burnt flavor, and the draw tightens up.

Yesterday I tried the Kanga ProTank. It started off beautiful, but after a day, the tiny wick is black, and the taste is off, and I've got no idea what's wrong.

All I can think of is I'm drawing too much and too fast, but it seems like it just burns out fast no matter what I do.

I took apart a couple cartos, and they're all fully saturated, but inside the tube is a black burnt ring of crud.

For reference, I'm using the pre-drilled cartos from ElectroNicStix, and TastyVapor's Earl Grey Tea flavor liquid. and 3.7V setting on the V2.

HELP!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread