I think we may have been duped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2016
  1. I dont think the OP got duped....they dont want us going back to cigarettes necessarily. Theyve cottoned on that vaping has far bigger potential than the cigarette industry which has basically plateaued, with cigarette smoking actually falling in many developed countries. vaping is the next growth opportunity to revitalise their dwindling profits....its appeal is a lot broader since it doesnt make you feel &$@# like the smokes.

Now they are going to try and work out how much liquid is equal to a pack of cigarettes....that will be tough but they will find a way. Then, if they determine that 3ml is the same as a pack of smokes, then that 3ml will be priced the same as a pack of cigarettes....

At least that's what i think now.

Last edited:

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
The new FDA regulations have me really worried. I know I can't quit nicotine. I've actively filled out every CASAA petition and questionnaire that has come my way. Each one of them explicitly stating that I will in all probability return to analogs if they ban vaping as I know it.

And I now feel that information was used against me, all of us really.

We let the FDA and tobacco companies know exactly what they wanted to hear- that if they ban vaping, how many of us will return to their nasty welcoming arms.

I have no doubts that the leaders of the FDA will soon after leave their positions after being offered cushy executive jobs or 'consulting fees' from big tobacco firms, or their lawyers firms, or even their fake 'non profit' firms that do nothing but spread propaganda against vaping.

I'm just completely deflated and while I will stock up as best I can to continue using my setup as I know it (and DIY my juice), I cannot afford more than a couple years worth of stock. Can the system possibly change by then? Seems to me no. So I will end up back on analogs eventually, and they couldn't be happier about it.

If drumpf wins I'm moving to Mexico and their vape laws are getting more progressive all the time and enforcement varies.

Reactions: rico942

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
First Application readied for submission

PMTAfees.JPG

:ohmy:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
But, you would be surprised with what you can do with coax cable connectors.
I've seen some of that in the modder's forum. But, it confused me. Is there any type connection that fits a coax cable connector? 801? 901? Or, even older?

I'm just wondering if there's an alternative to the 510.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Thanks for all the information from all of you. I had already started planning out what we would need to get over the next couple of years, but you have all helped me prioritize things. First thing, find a good source of nicotine, and start stocking up. Then I will be looking at mods that take external batteries and rebuildable tanks. The thing that really scares me is the tanks. I have bad hands, arthritis, and shaky hands. I will be checking with our local, very good, vape shop about what tanks would be suitable and rebuilding classes, and I can see quite a bit of YouTube in my future.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I've seen some of that in the modder's forum. But, it confused me. Is there any type connection that fits a coax cable connector? 801? 901? Or, even older?

I'm just wondering if there's an alternative to the 510.

The coax connector replaces the 510, and you can also make an atomizer from one. So I guess they were the original hybrid. ;)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    The coax connector replaces the 510, and you can also make an atomizer from one. So I guess they were the original hybrid. ;)
    Are you saying that a coax connector has 510 threading?

Make an atomizer with a coax connector? Never heard of that.

I guess it's time to do a more thorough search of the modding forum. Can you give me some clues what to look for? Like what year should I be looking for?

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2016
    What is the absolute easiest tank to build on for someone who thinks they would suck at building coils and has never tried? I have looked at the Kanger Dripbox for squonking and the rdas seem to come with pre built and pre wicked coil packs available pretty much like buying coil heads but for squonking. This doesn't seem that sustainable given the new deeming regulations though, how would I transition to building and wicking my own?

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    One easy option is to buy bulk packs of pre-coiled wires. Fasttech offers them in a multitude of resistances and material, including some that are pre-wicked. They cost around five cents a piece in the 50 packs. These change your work to simply installing, testing and adjusting them a bit versus winding them yourself. I have used them and the ones I got measure out the resistance they stated and work well. Ordering some more today in fact!

Here's a link to my search for "pre-coiled" on Fasttech - FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2016
    That does sound easier than winding my own for now but I still need an ohm reader and cotton right?

One easy option is to buy bulk packs of pre-coiled wires. Fasttech offers them in a multitude of resistances and material, including some that are pre-wicked. They cost around five cents a piece in the 50 packs. These change your work to simply installing, testing and adjusting them a bit versus winding them yourself. I have used them and the ones I got measure out the resistance they stated and work well. Ordering some more today in fact!

Here's a link to my search for "pre-coiled" on Fasttech - FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics
    hat s

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    People are telling me I've got to learn to build my own coils before the new deeming regs set in but I feel like that can come later? Thanks for the tip on the prebuilt coils I will definitely be starting that way. I've heard the serpent RTA is pretty good
    You should be okay with learning how to later. I don't think that we are going anywhere any time soon. ;)

Just make sure you have the stuff you need (tank types, atty bases etc) sooner rather than later. You will still be able to get meters and wire (I do believe) after the crap dates are past.

Reactions: 440BB

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2014
    Dallas,Texas
    What is the absolute easiest tank to build on for someone who thinks they would suck at building coils and has never tried? I have looked at the Kanger Dripbox for squonking and the rdas seem to come with pre built and pre wicked coil packs available pretty much like buying coil heads but for squonking. This doesn't seem that sustainable given the new deeming regulations though, how would I transition to building and wicking my own?
    Another way is to find a good coil jig(such as Coil Master). They are so easy to use, and is much cheaper then pre-built coils. Plus, it will be less of a hassle to find wire, than pre-built, after the regs hit. And wicking is not hard to do, at all.

Reactions: rasmith1959
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread