I think we need to STOP recommending a Istick 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
I know some won't like this but until eleaf, ISMOKA fixes the widespread problems plaguing the 50 watt istick it's reckless to advise new vapers to buy it. I mean we know what it can do. I personally have a bad one. It's dangerous. I just think we would serve the rookies better by recommending a proven product. Sure you can get a lemon with any company but eleaf is serving lemons by the bushel.

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I know some won't like this but until Eleaf, ISMOKA fixes the widespread problems plaguing the 50 watt Istick it's reckless to advise new vapers to buy it. I mean we know what it can do. I personally have a bad one. It's dangerous. I just think we would serve the rookies better by recommending a proven product. Sure you can get a lemon with any company but Eleaf is serving lemons by the bushel.

Eleaf USA response to Istick 50W catching fire. : electronic_cigarette

Sooooo this was in the last 19 days. Can we start recommending them now?

Reactions: DanJiblets

jruss91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Bloomington, IL
No, Margate, we can't. Who knows how many made it out to vendors before they implemented the upgrade? I would never advise anyone, newbie or otherwise, to purchase an Eleaf anything.
Mehhhh I use a Lemo 2. Great product!

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No, Margate, we can't. Who knows how many made it out to vendors before they implemented the upgrade? I would never advise anyone, newbie or otherwise, to purchase an Eleaf anything.

In that case, just mention that you should only purchase them from Eleaf, not from third party online suppliers. The number of people recommending people getting things from Fasttech is obscene. Why is the price of something "Made in USA" cheaper, when it has to ship from China? Because it probably isn't made in the US.

To be fair, I'll recommend skydiving without a parachute before recommending a protank, but that is my personal problems with Kanger products.

I smell deep, deep hatred of Eleaf in here.

Reactions: emberl

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
Well sure Margate if you're in charge of quality control and you replace all the bad ones including mine. Then hop in your car and go in every BM and take the old stock . Then get on a plane and around the world taking old stock. Or do you assume they're all honest and won't sell old stock. That is if they even read what you linked which I doubt since some shops don't know there are v2s and so on of their other products. Once you do all that come on back here and let us know. Then I'll say ok we can start recommending them now lol

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
I know some won't like this but until Eleaf, ISMOKA fixes the widespread problems plaguing the 50 watt Istick it's reckless to advise new vapers to buy it. I mean we know what it can do. I personally have a bad one. It's dangerous. I just think we would serve the rookies better by recommending a proven product. Sure you can get a lemon with any company but Eleaf is serving lemons by the bushel.

Jason, I see you're a "rookie".
What's "bad" about your battery?
Do you mind explaining "bad". Thank you.
I have been vaping for a LONG time, for like 7 years.
Used a lot of different batteries, now the Istick, and I'm sticking to it, better than the provari, I tried them all.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Used a lot of different batteries, now the Istick, and I'm sticking to it, better than the provari, I tried them all.

Easy man, the ipv 4 has also had to recall and change the charge ports from fire risk

Several companies have admitted to not using the correct port for the higher power models of their devices

before attacking people do a bit of research

Forums around the world are discussing this

forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com/totally-wicked-news/istick-50w-statement/

And eleaf is in total cooperation. There not even denying it

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I have one and prefer it over my mvp 3. I'm gonna buy another one. Can't beat the price and performance. Great product with lots of issues that I wasn't even aware of. 95% of new vapers will buy one because they probably don't lurk of forums and hear about these issues. It sucks but problems arise with all electronics.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
Lol. Ok I'm inferior. My Istick started with the fire button sticking. Then automatically firing. I had it 36 days. I never dropped it. I didn't drip or use any RBA on it so there was no leaking juice on it. I only used a Nautilas Mini and Atlantis 1 and neither of those leak, Since you say I'm a rookie did I make a rookie mistake by calling it bad ? I mean would you consider that bad, good or usual? I bought it because I was recommended to. I don't hate the company. I have a Mini Istick that still powers my Nautilas Mini fine. But I can't recommend something like this. Lot of people take advice and go buy something in a BM because they are anxious to get started. So I feel like we shouldn't recommend it. People do everyday and people wind up like I have being ignored by a company that doesn't seem to care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread