• Reason: Racially offensive

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
... let idiots do what they please and see if we can't continue to improve on human intelligence by natural selection.

YES!!!! All this nannying is making the human race stupider and weaker! When you try to protect people from themselves, THEY DON'T LEARN ANYTHING!

I learned to ride a bike because I was tired of scraped knees from falling off it! And I didn't need no stinkin helmet! (kneepads would have been nice though ;))

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
:facepalm:

Really?

How about this...

If people don't flock to buy cheap garbage in droves, the market for cheap garbage wouldn't flourish?

I don't need no stinking nanny.

And I damn sure don't need you telling my nanny what I'm allowed to buy.

This is the problem with this society. The more complacent (stupid) we get with "protecting" the consumer, the more the consumer needs protecting.

30 yrs ago, you got your finger caught in a sprocket, you didn't put it there again. Witnesses learned without having to repeat the process.

Now... finger in sprocket? Build room around sprocket with dead bolts on the doors...

IE... nobody learns

Or better yet... let idiots do what they please and see if we can't continue to improve on human intelligence by natural selection.

Oof...

Tapatyped

We had UL certifications 30 years ago.

UL certification is not Nanny state, it is just forcing manufacturers to make safer products.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I use mech mods and unregulated boxes.... I own at least 30, but haven't counted recently. They are perfect. I have never had issues with any of them that I couldn't easily fix myself.

But it is frowned upon to recommend that stuff to new vapers here, because we need to assume that anybody new to vaping could possibly be stupid.

greatimp81

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
YES!!!! All this nannying is making the human race stupider and weaker! When you try to protect people from themselves, THEY DON'T LEARN ANYTHING!

I learned to ride a bike because I was tired of scraped knees from falling off it! And I didn't need no stinkin helmet! (kneepads would have been nice though ;))

Andria
Thank you, he seemed to be missing the point.

Reactions: beckdg

greatimp81

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
My point is that industry will NOT regulate itself. That has been proven over and over for centuries.
Well I also happen to know what the standards for getting UL certification for electronics is. I have worked with Xerox, Intel, IBM, and several others. I am currently working for a data storage and management firm for legal data. To get UL certs you have to be able to plug it in. It must run a steady voltage and current for a period of time (last I checked three years ago it was 96 hours). With out any kind of issue. Oh and UL is a privet origination not government. ANIS is the gov standards.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well I also happen to know what the standards for getting UL certification for electronics is. I have worked with Xerox, Intel, IBM, and several others. I am currently working for a data storage and management firm for legal data. To get UL certs you have to be able to plug it in. It must run a steady voltage and current for a period of time (last I checked three years ago it was 96 hours). With out any kind of issue. Oh and UL is a privet origination not government. ANIS is the gov standards.

Isn't that ANSI?

:D
Andria

Reactions: beckdg

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga

Andria
You're absolutely right. Reverse Darwinism. The Nanny State is causing survival of the weakest. Which makes the human species more susceptible to extinction.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
One of the main commentators on this thread was just recommending the Istick 50 to a newbie without saying anything about the issues disused here. I just feel this is so irresponsible. Even when I tried telling them to buy it from Eleaf if they decided to get one he says they're replacing them all and handling the situation so well. Then said nobody got hurt. There's no way you can say that when the old faulty stock is still being sold. Insanity

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
One of the main commentators on this thread was just recommending the Istick 50 to a newbie without saying anything about the issues disused here. I just feel this is so irresponsible. Even when I tried telling them to buy it from Eleaf if they decided to get one he says they're replacing them all and handling the situation so well. Then said nobody got hurt. There's no way you can say that when the old faulty stock is still being sold. Insanity

Love the new "handle"... ;)

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread