I threw some stuff together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Allen keys. Especially helpful on the Did. Aga Td is a 'sleeper'-- one wire looped around the top post with a length coiled from the top down, onto each wick. I leave the Allen key in the wick, sort out the coil, attach the neg lead. When i sorted out this build during pulsing, my wicks ended up leaning in just a bit.

I wish i could get petar k to work. Whenever i have tried it in the past, i always wind up with gaps. My wicks--try as i might--are never as perfect as the drill bit. So i get better results by wrapping onto the wick itself.

Gonna try a sort of petar k with this uwick--since they are floppy in nature and difficult to wrap on.

Fun fact--you can take any piece of janky wire, clamp it into a drill. Hold the loose end with plier. Spin the drill--perfect wire. Did it w a piece of 20g. I use that for my wicks if i want a smaller hole.

Reactions: thetrucker

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Just a pic of my Ni 200 pure nickel wire 12 wrap on 2.5mm screwdriver----28 guage-----.18 ohms----mesh wick with tiny layer of cotton.....
pureNickelwire.jpg

Reactions: Annie56

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Those isticks look nice!! All the numbers confuse me a bit. I mean, i have ohms volts and amps down. But the variables are overwhelming.
My mod is two 18650 batteries giving 3.7v. 40A, 100 watts(max). You can go as low as 0.1Ω, but i dont do crazy subohm.4500 mah, and i can charge it w my cell phone cord. Shazam!!

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I really like Rip. He invented the Ac9, if im not mistaken. He tinkered w the scubatank? or gen? and with wicking materials like ceramic. And he just seems really nice, like he has a good heart.

I don't like cotton. Because no matter if you just buy it fresh, it reminds me of the bathroom, and how qtips smell, or something. And the genesis is an amazing puzzle to be figured out. With mesh, and how that all works.

I actually get great vaping off of my dual Chracken and Aga Td. I think its because even tho the setups ohm out lower, each coil does not get as hot, like a single coil would. My damn uwick setup got a massive short and popped. My drip tip was bumping it out of place. Plus i realised that the 'u' part keeps wanting to stay fatter. Back to the youtube machine for more tutorials on the u wick.Gonna give the nichrome wire a try again. Its working nice in my Aga Td right now. I might try making a petar K on my atty, to make the coil have a shape. But ill still prolly gave to take the coil back off in order to install the wick for good wick-coil contact.

Trucker, i know nothing about temp control, since i have just recently started building alot again. But it seems fascinating. Probably wont try it right yet, since it involves alot of research.

As for my mods--two Poldiacs, two Temon hybrids, an army of clone tube mods, and my Tesla sub ohm boxes. Those puppies have transformed my vaping.No more lugging a case of Sony Vct4s for me, lol!

On the go, which i usually am, Ego Ts with a micro genesis View attachment 513686

This is an interesting atomizer-what kind is it ?----question.....how are the leeds attached to the pos and ground--looks like they are soldered in the photo and it looks like

the wick is about 3 inches long---just wondered what I was looking at........

Last edited:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Those isticks look nice!! All the numbers confuse me a bit. I mean, i have ohms volts and amps down. But the variables are overwhelming.
My mod is two 18650 batteries giving 3.7v. 40A, 100 watts(max). You can go as low as 0.1Ω, but i dont do crazy subohm.4500 mah, and i can charge it w my cell phone cord. Shazam!!
Hows the vapor on that?

I just wrapped a pure nickel wire called Ni 200--Ni=nickel not sure what the 200 stands for and made 12 wraps and came out to .18 ohms and set mod to 450 degrees

and 20 watts and it all works good and never get a dry harsh hit and Eleaf 60 watt temp cont mod run me $ 45.00---takes 18650 battery and can charge thru my

cell phone cord.......5 colors of covers all magnetic..........all in all I am pretty satisisfied..........stayed away from Temp control for a long time did not

understand it.........the vapor is great and great flavor same puff each time.....

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Piculisci. Made by a Romanian watchmaker. High-end, and used to go for over $100. I picked up one for $26 and change. You use 34g kanthal on it, and the little piece of mesh is wrapped around a post. The leads are on opposite sides. Augat precision pins. You need a magnifying glass to build it. And he designed them for ego batteries. You can use it as a dripper to taste juice, or use a dse 901 tank and just plop it on the top. Very simple. Superb vape

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
image.jpg
So i tried a petar k. 'looked good on paper'. coil looked so nice..wicked it, juiced it.
Waste of juice :(
Coil wasnt tight enough

Meanwhile, on my uwick--i didnt feel like wasting the mesh, because ordering diagonal mesh is more expensive. Re-rolled it, left the wire down it as a 'brace'. 'Coiled' it.. hahaha
By the time i installed it, and managed to get the ends of the wick jammed into the atty-with a SCREWDRIVER-it was by far the UGLIEST build that i have ever done. The jankiest!!
Fired it up, sorted it out.
And it tastes DELICIOUS !! I am sooo not kidding!!!
And no, im not using fill screws. Nor do i care hahaha

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
View attachment 513775 So i tried a petar k. 'looked good on paper'. coil looked so nice..wicked it, juiced it.
Waste of juice :(
Coil wasnt tight enough

Meanwhile, on my uwick--i didnt feel like wasting the mesh, because ordering diagonal mesh is more expensive. Re-rolled it, left the wire down it as a 'brace'. 'Coiled' it.. hahaha
By the time i installed it, and managed to get the ends of the wick jammed into the atty-with a SCREWDRIVER-it was by far the UGLIEST build that i have ever done. The jankiest!!
Fired it up, sorted it out.
And it tastes DELICIOUS !! I am sooo not kidding!!!
And no, im not using fill screws. Nor do i care hahaha

Sometimes the jankiest coils/wick---most sloppy looking can produce the best vape--------been there.......good job.....enjoy hearing from you !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread