I tried to build a coil, after wetting with juice it still produces a metal smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzy9875xXx

Feb 17, 2017
I have the kangertech 160w, i tried to rebuild the coil and added the cotten and juice. This is what it looks like http://prntscr.com/ea43w4 but everytime i press the fire button it just produces a metally smell? any ideas D:
i know i didn't do very good with rebuilding the coil as its my first one but i dont understand why it wont produce vap, but this gross metal smoke?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have the kangertech 160w, i tried to rebuild the coil and added the cotten and juice. This is what it looks like http://prntscr.com/ea43w4 but everytime i press the fire button it just produces a metally smell? any ideas D:
i know i didn't do very good with rebuilding the coil as its my first one but i dont understand why it wont produce vap, but this gross metal smoke?
Welcome and glad you joined. Might consider practicing non sub ohm coils on a RDA. Building sub ohm set ups can be problematic.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel Vape Magazine
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I only dry burned it with the cotton in

If you dry burned it with the cotton wick in place I have to wonder how you'd taste anything but burning cotton. Wire typically has oil on it when made and you can either wash it before coiling it or you can dry burn it before wicking. I do the latter because I'm a lazy sot. I always see a bit of smoke rise from the coil on its first burn and that is the oil burning off.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
3ef4088934144c098f023fe35b4fa5a3.png

Hi and welcome,
Try a simple 26 or 24 awg dual coil. Practice keeping the coils even and level and confirm they heat up evenly.
What is the resistance of your build? How much power are you trying to push into it? What nicotine level and PG content is your juice?

Gotta walk before ya run.
Cheers
I

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If you dry burned it with the cotton wick in place I have to wonder how you'd taste anything but burning cotton. Wire typically has oil on it when made and you can either wash it before coiling it or you can dry burn it before wicking. I do the latter because I'm a lazy sot. I always see a bit of smoke rise from the coil on its first burn and that is the oil burning off.

Not that lazy. It kills two birds with one stone. You get rid of any stuff on it while checking it's all heating properly and you have no hot legs. I like efficiency. :)

Reactions: SnapDragon NY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread