i wanna buy a tank and i have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
hi,
so i just bought a wismec predator 228w tc yesterday,
and i got the elabo tank with it, i kinda don't like the flavor and i'm getting some juice on my lips makes me wanna throw up, it sucks definitely a bad experience on my first time vaping. but that's not it guys i'm really into vape so i figured out about this amazing forum with amazing community of vapers.
i don't wanna make it long but i'm not sure whether to buy an rda, or an rta, so here's the informations i gathered for both of these tanks and i know there's different brands and tanks and they're different in specs but i'm just talking about general rda/rta tanks(please correct me if i'm wrong about what i think about these tanks)

the rda: best flavous, but you have to drip every few puffs.

the rta: good flavour, you don't have to drip it has a good tank. bit more expensive.

now of course i would buy the rta coz its better i don't have to drip juice every few puffs but i have a question about it...
does it really keep flavor good or even close to the rda??

please advice me and suggest whether to buy rda or an rta and of course would be cool if you leave a name of a good tank brands and why is it better than other brands.
edit: please reply i spent so much time writing this post :')

Last edited:
Reactions: Letitia

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Being that RDAs and RTAs are built by you, then you take responsibility for how well they perform. This is a blessing as long as you are willing to invest the time and effort into getting them to perform well.

Generally speaking an RDA will provide more vapor and better flavor, but again it's down to the individual device and how you build it.

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
Hello and Welcome yahya.[emoji16] How long have you been vaping? Did you used to smoke before?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
been using my friends vape for 3 months i never enjoyed it as much as a cigarette, but after a research i found out that the vape is away less harmful and sticky that the cigarette, so i switched 3 days ago

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
Being that RDAs and RTAs are built by you, then you take responsibility for how well they perform. This is a blessing as long as you are willing to invest the time and effort into getting them to perform well.

Generally speaking an RDA will provide more vapor and better flavor, but again it's down to the individual device and how you build it.
ah i see, so its all about the wicking and stuff.
i'm still really not sure whether to get an rda or an rta :\ can you suggest one of the two for me?:p

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
With the setup you currently have if you are getting liquid on the inhale then the tank is flooded. Take a paper towel, put it over the air intake at the bottom of the tank and blow down thru the drip tip to clear it out.
If it's the flavor it might be the liquid you are using or the wattage you are using it at.
The more the information that you can provide the better the answer we can give you.[emoji106]

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
With the setup you currently have if you are getting liquid on the inhale then the tank is flooded. Take a paper towel, put it over the air intake at the bottom of the tank and blow down thru the drip tip to clear it out.
If it's the flavor it might be the liquid you are using or the wattage you are using it at.
The more the information that you can provide the better the answer we can give you.
emoji106.png

yeah i did that yesterday it got fixed, but still dude flavor is eh, i have 4 different flavors of vgod all of them taste bad as well as the naked juices i've tried, its just the elabo tank its bad when it comes to flavor, as sonicbomb said, i'll buy an rta tfv8 bbb, i wonder if the rebuildable coils come with it or separately?

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
yeah i did that yesterday it got fixed, but still dude flavor is eh, i have 4 different flavors of vgod all of them taste bad as well as the naked juices i've tried, its just the elabo tank its bad when it comes to flavor, as sonicbomb said, i'll buy an rta tfv8 bbb, i wonder if the rebuildable coils come with it or separately?

Take the lessons I have learned, emphasize on easiness in keep vaping otherwise you will end up going back to cig.

Remember,
1. Drawing a stick out from cig box is easier than refill ejuice.
2. Keeping a lighter with you is easier than battery recharging or bring few 18650 batteries with you.
and
3. You don't have trouble like needing to re-wick (change cotton), re-coil (change coil)

So,
1. Buy few RTA if you can afford them rather than one. 2. Start with single coil deck rather than dual-coil's.
3. Vape in power mode rather than TC.
and most importantly:
4. Get an ejuice that really suits you which is cheap and have consistent supply.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Oh I can see it being the coils. Some are just blah and others make the flavor pop! BBB or even the CB you'll get more flavor and you'll have more coil options.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I learned to build on a RDA before I used RTAs. They are much easier and forgiving. But make sure you understand and study ohms law and battery safety before you start just throwing coils into it.
I don't really use RDAs any more though. I'm kinda a lazy vaper and don't want to carry around juice and check and drip every couple minutes. But that's just me.
Now I just use RTAs all the time.
If you do go the route of an RTA and are looking for a Direct Lung inhale a suggestion would be a single coil tank.
Look into the OBS Engine Nano. It has top airflow so it won't leak everywhere. Great flavor. It's pretty easy to build on. I actually have one on top of my Predator mod.
hi,
so i just bought a wismec predator 228w tc yesterday,
and i got the elabo tank with it, i kinda don't like the flavor and i'm getting some juice on my lips makes me wanna throw up, it sucks definitely a bad experience on my first time vaping. but that's not it guys i'm really into vape so i figured out about this amazing forum with amazing community of vapers.
i don't wanna make it long but i'm not sure whether to buy an rda, or an rta, so here's the informations i gathered for both of these tanks and i know there's different brands and tanks and they're different in specs but i'm just talking about general rda/rta tanks(please correct me if i'm wrong about what i think about these tanks)

the rda: best flavous, but you have to drip every few puffs.

the rta: good flavour, you don't have to drip it has a good tank. bit more expensive.

now of course i would buy the rta coz its better i don't have to drip juice every few puffs but i have a question about it...
does it really keep flavor good or even close to the rda??

please advice me and suggest whether to buy rda or an rta and of course would be cool if you leave a name of a good tank brands and why is it better than other brands.
edit: please reply i spent so much time writing this post :')

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
Take the lessons I have learned, emphasize on easiness in keep vaping otherwise you will end up going back to cig.

Remember,
1. Drawing a stick out from cig box is easier than refill ejuice.
2. Keeping a lighter with you is easier than battery recharging or bring few 18650 batteries with you.
and
3. You don't have trouble like needing to re-wick (change cotton), re-coil (change coil)

So,
1. Buy few RTA if you can afford them rather than one. 2. Start with single coil deck rather than dual-coil's.
3. Vape in power mode rather than TC.
and most importantly:
4. Get an ejuice that really suits you which is cheap and have consistent supply.
haha everything you said is true, though i'm not going back to cigarettes been smoking them for 5 years i feel like i'm getting bit addicted to it, time to change i love vape its good.
i just wanna know something, does the flavor with rta go away after some puffs? just like the rda, and which of these 2 tanks is better afterall? i'm okay with all the wicking and coils and all it's easy for me and better than cigarettes, still waiting for a response from sonicbomb about the tfv8 baby beast tank, does it come with rebuildable coils or i have to buy them separately? and does it fit with coil heads and rebuildable coils or just one?

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
I learned to build on a RDA before I used RTAs. They are much easier and forgiving. But make sure you understand and study ohms law and battery safety before you start just throwing coils into it.
I don't really use RDAs any more though. I'm kinda a lazy vaper and don't want to carry around juice and check and drip every couple minutes. But that's just me.
Now I just use RTAs all the time.
If you do go the route of an RTA and are looking for a Direct Lung inhale a suggestion would be a single coil tank.
Look into the OBS Engine Nano. It has top airflow so it won't leak everywhere. Great flavor. It's pretty easy to build on. I actually have one on top of my Predator mod.
My vote goes to OBS Engine Nano as well or SMM. Both are ideal for into to rta. Both come with coils. IMO Nano coils not great, would order sample pack from Advanced Vape Supply. AVS having a 30% off sale this weekend .
is there any good 2 coils tank? i don't like having 1 coil :(

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
is there any good 2 coils tank? i don't like having 1 coil :(
How do you know? You have never owned one? Just because it has 2 does not mean it's better than 1. You can get a dual if you want. You can just have 2x the issues to figure out. I prefer single coils. The tanks that are single coils are designed different so the flavor is more concentrated with less airflow than a dual. I have single coil RTAs that will produce more flavor than most dual coil RTAs.

yahya

Aug 19, 2017
How do you know? You have never owned one? Just because it has 2 does not mean it's better than 1. You can get a dual if you want. You can just have 2x the issues to figure out. I prefer single coils. The tanks that are single coils are designed different so the flavor is more concentrated with less airflow than a dual. I have single coil RTAs that will produce more flavor than most dual coil RTAs.
idk dude my friend is telling me the 1 coils you can't go up 40 watts but its gives good clouds, when i think about it, 2 coils will burn more juice thus more flavor will be produced, also 2 coils 2 wicks thats what most people doing now everywhere haven't seen single coilers anywhere. just feels like the normal happy setup to have 2 coils rather than only 1. i'm gonna do a bit more research or i might just buy the obs and the troll and try both of them lol

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
idk dude my friend is telling me the 1 coils you can't go up 40 watts but its gives good clouds, when i think about it, 2 coils will burn more juice thus more flavor will be produced, also 2 coils 2 wicks thats what most people doing now everywhere haven't seen single coilers anywhere. just feels like the normal happy setup to have 2 coils rather than only 1. i'm gonna do a bit more research or i might just buy the obs and the troll and try both of them lol
Your friend is mistaken about the 40w. It depends what type of coil you put in it and it's ohms rating. Actually if you look at the market right now 2017 has been the year of the single coil RTAs and soo many single coil RDAs have come out. Why because there all about the flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread