I want to quit smoking ! WHats the Best E Cig to buy ? Need Help ! Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bethanyja

Nov 11, 2010
Tacoma, WA
I have a 1000mah ego passthru battery from Cignot, very nice to charge at home, car or work and be able to unplug it and have 24 hours without charging. I have had this battery about 4 months with no problems. Highly recommend!!

2 months ago I got the ego-T from Cignot and love it!!!! No leaks, sticky fingers, or constant filling/dripping. Have started to notice a weakening the last couple of weeks (not significant) and it started making a funny noise a few days ago. Cleaned it tonight (first time) and noise is gone but still not as strong.

I started vaping in September with Cignot's Joye 510. It came with 2 attys (that still work) and two batteries (constant charging and are no longer in my possession).

Some juice came with my 510s but it was gross so I ordered diy supplies from Tasty Vapors and am set. I vape about 2 ml a day (got a needleless syringe from pharmacy) and my nic intake in the beginning was 24.

I was having a hard time staying away from cigs until I figured out how much nic I was getting a day from cigs and then I increased the nic in my juice until I could deal with not smoking. In the end I doubled the nicotine intake but am now decreasing that in small increments. I am much happier and do not feel like killing my family members.

One other thing: When you start to get the urge to buy a pack or snag a cig from someone's mouth, start vaping right away!

My setup is not a kit. Battery was $26, Atty was $16, and tanks are $7. DIY supplies very in price but is very cheap in the long run.

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
My suggestion : Reo Mini or try a 3.7 box mod that uses 14500 rechargable batteries. You will soon tire of charging batteries every couple of hours...with something that uses a 14500 battery, you usually only charge it once or twice a day.

The box mods are a cheap way to try out the punch of a stronger vape. With LR atomizers, they pack a punch.

But normally people go thru several models of ecigs before finding that special one you just love.

I also have riva kit that i keep around in case any of my Reo's go out.

All of the suggestions above are good ones. If it works for you, then that is the best suggestion.

Also, you might want to start out with 24mg nicotene level ( i started at 36mg and quickly moved down to 24mg)

Last edited:

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
An atomizer is what turns the juice to vapor and the cartridge is what attaches to the atomizer and feeds it the juice. Cartomizers are an Atomizer and cartridge combined and is meant to be used and tossed.

Carts can be refilled 4-5 times with juice ,so most of us dont toss ours :) and filling carts amounts to about .30 cents each when we refill .......

interestingfellow

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Virginia US
Don't worry about the money! YOU WILL SAVE MONEY VAPING INSTEAD OF SMOKING!
Look at all of our signatures. I only spen $65 to get started, it's lasted me 2 weeks, and smoking would have cost me at least $20 more already.

READ "The Wonderful World of Vaping" here. It's a long read, but will let you know what is out there for you. Then, read what other people say about models you think you might be into to.

I just got my first e-cig (Stainless Riva 510) 15 days ago, and haven't looked back.
Some important points:
You have to figure out what you want. For me, performance came before appearance (but I think my stainless riva looks hot anyway). I started with a Riva 510 from Liberty Flights,and thier menthol mix for the juice. The menthol mix is kind of like the child of a newport and a salem black box.
I used to smoke 1-3 packs of analogues per day (depending on hours worked or driven) (basically 1.5packs per day).
Now I vape 1-3ml per day.
The Riva 510 uses LR atties (HM510's). I expect 1 week out of one of those atties, but can get a second week out of it as it dies slowly (less vapor)
I get about 1ml per battery (Riva has 800mah or close to it)(that's a lot of milliamps ,btw).
1ml is about 20 drops
an empty stock Riva cart holds about 12 drops
I feel as though there are about 3-5 "cigarettes" per cart
I clean my atties every other night.
I like manual batteries over automatic, becuase they are less likely to short if I feel like dripping (or don't have to worry about juice seeping if I overfill the cart)
Having several flavors on hand seems stupid, until you start vaping. I love hitting a cart of coconut a couple times per day, just to break up the monotony of menthol.
PG bothers some peoples' mouths (like mine), but has better flavor. After 2 weeks, PG doesn't bother my mouth hardly at all now.
VG produces more vapor, but doesn't transfer the flavoring of the flavor as well as PG (and it's generally sweeter)

YMMV.

Good Lord, good luck!

Last edited:

Ceegary

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Phoenix
Don't worry about the money! YOU WILL SAVE MONEY VAPING INSTEAD OF SMOKING!
Look at all of our signatures.

That may be, but in the interests of truth I haven't found a signature that allows you to enter how much you've spent against what has been saved. Right now I'm in the red but I have gone overboard on trying different juices. More important is the twist on the old Am-ex ad;...improving your health: priceless.

interestingfellow

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Virginia US
Well, as of this writing, I've spent $120 on vaping (Riva 510, extra atties, smart carts, and 160ml+ of juices, or about 2 months worth of smoking) and DIDN'T spend $218.

It is totally easy to go buck wild and blow lots of money on all kinds of designer, high end, variety, or overpriced ecig stuff, but it's also really easy to get into for fairly cheap. I got my starter kit with 2 atties and 60ml of juice for about $65, shipped. I would have spent about $120 in the 3 weeks on Newports in the time it took me to burn up a bottle of juice and those 2 atties.

IMHO &
YMMV

Adam024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2011
Napa, California
For a starter kit, and just stopping smoking, I would go with the eGo starter kit. I wished I had started with that, instead I began with the KR808 2pc versions, and crappy china based liquids. If I had to suggest somewhere to go, it would be Electronic Cigarette | Smokeless Tobacco | Electronic Cigarettes and to order the eGo starter kit, and some CinnaRollz liquid there. Mike is very helpful and very quick and courteous with his orders. I think the kit is like $58.99 or something. It is well worth it, and works so much better, IMHO, than any of the pen-style or cigarette-looking ones. The eGo is far more consistent and reliable than any of the other ones I tried, as far as just starting, and your first starter kit. Good luck to ya, and happy vaping.

Silversmyth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Indiana
What is the best starter kit to buy and what is the best site ? Ia m lost when it comes to this E Cig thing ! I want to be a better Dad and Stop smoking, I am on a tight budget what do you suggest ? Thanks Greg .

Best starter kit??
Best buy for a starter??
Best site for a "cheap" starter??

Liberty flights --Riva 510-(lite bundle)--29.99 + 2.99 shipping. (Riva is same thing as a EGO )
Plus some juice samples---ready to rock for 50$ or so!!!!

For a basic --cheap--good starter kit--can't be beat ..
2 full units in kit and batts will last all day .
Like many others have said--LF + Riva = :) :) :) :) :)

You can always add to this kit as funds allow--but will be a great start as is!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread