I want to replace my drip tip with one that is not made of stainless steel, could you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I wouldn't use Teflon myself, either... Delrin or acrylic or glass are all nice and clean.

I only like glass, Stainless and annodized aluminum.

A person running hot and chain vaping could melt Delrin or acrylic.

I forget which rda it was but they used a Delrin insulator and the Delrin melted.

Running a short rda likr the Mako shark, Derringer, stumpy, Rogue,Freakshow Mini could melt Delrin or acrylic. I don't think a standard height RDA or RTA would get hot enough

Everyone knows Aluminum is a soft metal but after it has been annodized it changes the molecular structure a d becomes harder than Stainless steel. This is why professional chefs use annodized aluminum cookware. The lightness of aluminum but more durable than Stainless steel.

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Reactions: MacTechVpr

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Silicone. I use Alcohol stoves when camping. Both methanol and denatured alcohol burns at 768+ degrees. And I use a silicone wrist band to hold some carbon felt onto my titanium cup. So I can remove the cup without getting 3rd degree burns. I have never had a bracelet melt, smoke or outgas anything even though the silicone was in the flames.

Carbon felt is s black fabric about 1/16 inch thick. It can withstand temps of 1,700 degrees. Primarily it is used by welders and plumbers. Plumbers can tack carbon felt to the wall behind a frozen pipe. Take s blow torch to the pipe without even scorching the wall behind the carbon felt.

Reactions: Fullknight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread