I was excited.. and then..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
Well rob you see...I'm waiting for a woody ^_^ figured I need a practice mate so I know how to treat it right ^_^

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

haha, requesting for a priority queue? Look at those pic in woodvil time, you may find something you like. Sorry to hear that there are ex-Reo owner who abused their Reo in such manners. In Reoville, every single Reo is so dear to us.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
That really is inexcusable to not mention a broken part like that, impossible for the seller to not have known. Then to ship it dirty when it takes what, 15 minutes to clean one up. So sorry you had to experience that, but glad the little Reo has found a good home and is on the mend.

Welcome to Reoville where it will only get better!

BabyCrusher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
I'm subbed to the woodvil time thread, have the site on all my devices constantly refreshing.

In the sellers defense, he said it's been in a box for a reallllly long time and he failed to inspect it before shipping, so in turn he's taking care of it. I'm not even upset anymore. He was selling a Ton of stuff so I can understand QC slipping when trying to get things out. He literally had it at the post office within the hour of payment.

Glad to be a part of reoville, and I'll enjoy it more in a few days when the kit gets here. In the mean time my built reomizer 2.o will sit... Looking sexy all brass and such

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Personally I would never buy a used mod unless I new the person was honest and clean . I get mods in the shop all the time people trying to save a few bucks so they buy a used mods . Only to end up spending full price for a used and abused mod

Word. I get pm's from people quite frequently asking my opinion on REOs they see on the classies. I ALWAYS recommend to buy from Rob unless you know the seller.

I remind them that a REO is different from a battery holder cause juice flows thru it so people's hygiene (or lack thereof) is much more of a factor with a bottom feeder.

Besides, their rarely more than $10 less than a brand new blem and many are more :)

I've got all my REOs direct from Rob except one and it was from a notorious clean freak like me :)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
When I started vaping February of 2011 REO's were hard to find.

Robert was doing his best to keep up with demand. His site had NO REO's for sale. You could only buy them when sales were listed. Then they would be on site for the time it took to sell-out. Usually within an hour.

Classy's were the only other way to buy.

Out of my over 50 REO's I purchased at least 90% were from the classy's. I was very lucky to only have a couple that were less than stated. Some did have juice in them and some were not clean. But back then the prices were usually low and worth the chance.

I will still pick up a REO from the classy's if the price is good. It is always a risk but it can also provide someone the opportunity to get a REO for a price they can pay.

Robert can and will make a used REO function as new. You just might have to factor a repair into the cost of a used REO.

I do understand why Robert does not like the classy's. Sometimes people get their first REO there and then find it sub-par. They don't realize that something is wrong and the REO gets a bad rap.

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it unethical and immoral to sell something that isn't working and not mention it? And that's aside from the overall condition it was sent to you in (insanely dirty). I'm so very sorry this person took advantage of your good natured trust.

Haha! It isn't just you, my friend. Congress comes instantly to mind.:glare:

Sorry for your trouble BabyC. I've bought a few off the classies and have had good luck. Course they were from reputable reonaughts. But the classies can be a crap shoot. Best to ask a lot of questions when buying.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know where to get the pieces that broke aside from the parts kit? Look like air fittings but to speed it up figured I'd ask. The repair kit is on the way.. Just hate waiting

It looks like you need the two piece tubing that goes on the bottom of the 510 connector. Also the center post. You might still be able to use the firing contact strip. But that metal tube you have is hollow and the tubing fits on it. I think you have a very slim chance of getting anything like it. And the center post has a gasket so it won't short.

Best to just wait IMO.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
A thousand times, yes! The last classies purchase I made was for my white whale.. A mini Woodvil in walnut/zebra to match a regular Woodvil I have. Upon arrival, I found a mess.. Including the negative wire completely missing from the switch. (Not unattached.. missing).

After a quick trip to Maine for the little guy, Robert hooked me up.

Needless to say, my last classies purchase will most likely be my last classies purchase.

Knock wood - I've been lucky. Although my last two purchases, one guy straight out lied to me about when he shipped (couldn't even keep his stories straight). I was out of town, so it made no difference if he shipped Monday or Tuesday since I wouldn't be back until Sunday - but I HATE being lied to. If you didn't make it Monday, you didn't make it - just say so.

The other guy - shipped, but for some reason was really evasive about giving me tracking. "Oh, the tracking number is at work". I go "great! Just send it to me when you get into the office tomorrow". Then had to ping him again at the end of the following day. He shipped when he said, but his reluctance to give me tracking made me a little nervous until I had what I purchased in hand.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
When I started vaping February of 2011 REO's were hard to find.

Robert was doing his best to keep up with demand. His site had NO REO's for sale. You could only buy them when sales were listed. Then they would be on site for the time it took to sell-out. Usually within an hour.

Classy's were the only other way to buy.

Out of my over 50 REO's I purchased at least 90% were from the classy's. I was very lucky to only have a couple that were less than stated. Some did have juice in them and some were not clean. But back then the prices were usually low and worth the chance.

I will still pick up a REO from the classy's if the price is good. It is always a risk but it can also provide someone the opportunity to get a REO for a price they can pay.

Robert can and will make a used REO function as new. You just might have to factor a repair into the cost of a used REO.

I do understand why Robert does not like the classy's. Sometimes people get their first REO there and then find it sub-par. They don't realize that something is wrong and the REO gets a bad rap.

I feel you. I've become quite enamored with the anodized finish on the REO's and the only way I can get that finish is buying used. I got my beloved purples (mini and mini 2.0) through the classies, and probably will buy more in the future if I see them for sale.

My first was my Grand, but for my hands and my vaping style, the 3 ml bottle is more than enough to get me through a work day (particularly when I carry 2 with me) and I love the feel of the anodized.

But I'm biting my nails waiting to get a Woodvil - question is which size to go for. If it's much longer off, I might be able to throw some more dollars into my Paypal account and see if I can snag two!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
The center pin and the piece that goes into it to hold the strip in place.

That is correct. The re-build video shows it in detail. The metal tube is two parts, and the bottom one screws on holding the strip.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Wow. I felt SO lucky when I got my Reo Grand from the classifieds. He told me everything quirky about it. He even mentioned that there was a couple little chips of paint missing from the catch cup, so I was able to purchase some car-modeling paint be4 it even came. The member I bought it from had over 100 positive feedbacks here. He even sent me the bottle/tube bag.

I sold my Mini to get the Reo I have today and I was able to sell it to a friend whom I see posting here daily. I washed my mini for 10 minutes strait in searing hot water. Because I know what its like to buy something online and feel disappointed. Even when I DO state that there is a chip of paint missing, or a scratch, I feel bad about selling it. Solely because I know that this chip or scratch could potentially be different from what the buyer had imagined. This is why you NEED to request macro shots of the imperfection if you know that you would be unhappy with a particular characteristic in the imperfection(s).

Too many times here, I have seen people selling a mod and simply stating "It does have some tiny scratches- The camera would not pick it up" and I feel like they should get themselves a camera capable of macro imaging, because thats really just not fair to the buyer.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
So far, (knock on wood!!!) I've been really, really lucky buying through the classifieds. The whole first year of my REO adventure, I was totally hung up on original Minis.....then when I figured out that there were no more being made, I started picking them up on classifieds when I could. I just didn't want them to go away.... Anyway, I've never been burned. On the other hand, I loaned one of my Minis out to a family member in perfect condition, and got it back about six months later ALL BEAT UP! Go figure. (*sniff sniff sniff*)

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
that center pin is special in that it's threaded with a little "nipple" as a nut. I can't think of a better word for it. It serves two purposes, holds and locks positive contact between the center pin and firing and provides a place for the tube to mount.

I don't think you'll find an off the shelve solution. the guys who were experimenting with low voltage made there own but IIRC it involves drilling a hole through the center of a bolt.

where in the US are you located? There might be someone close by with a spare, If you're in my neck of the woods I do have spare you could use.

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
I was trying to buy on the classifieds. But at the time there was not a single Reo there. So I bought a blem from rob. I have already made a few marks on it. Almost broke my car's hood while closing it on the reo. And this thing doesn't skip a beat. When the finish comes off more I will sand blast it and anodize it at the place my work uses. Then I can have an anodized grand:D

http://swappa.com/listing/WAG372/view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread